Lima Backpackers
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspisco sourshost marcorooftop barhome away from homecomfortable mattressesother guestscozy hostelfelt like homeevery morningpleasure of stayingtoilet papercommon areastaxi driverhot showerbarrancolockersdorm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Wow! Lima Backpacker's Hostel was such a great hostel. I was walking distance to Barranco and Miraflores, and the hostel was REALLY clean, had comfortable mattresses, fast WiFi, and hot showers. The owner Marco was extremely friendly, knew everything about the city, and makes the strongest/tastiest pisco sours in Lima!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Ramoncito10
Marco P, Owner at Lima Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thanks for your nice comments. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your time at our hostel. Safe travels and come back soon.
Cheers.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed at hostels in 63 countries I'd visited and this is one of the best! Very clean, safe, friendly, convenient to all the shops, close to Miraflores and the best customer service. This is the right size and location where I truly feel like home here. They are very helpful & informative. They will tell you where to go, eat, see and more..in very details way. They really took care of me so well and other guests there felt the same way. #1 in Lima & Peru!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LetsGoAlex
Marco P, Owner at Lima Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thanks for your kind review! We are really glad that you enjoyed your time here at our little hostel. Safe travels and hope to see you again. Cheers.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Cleanest hostel I have EVER stayed in! The owner is super nice and helpful! he made us the msot delicious maracuya sours ever!!! the breakfast is really greatk, towels are included..and theya re fluffy and magical! Also the beds are fantastic! The location is bit out of the way, but its about a 5 min bus ride to miraflores...which costs 1 sol. Fastest internet in all of south america! So yeah...stay here...you wont regret it! oh yeah the neighborhood is totally safe!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
mapv2k, Owner at Lima Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. We are very glad that you liked staying with us. Safe travels and hope to see you soon.
Best regards

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This place is amazing. You get big white fluffy towels, fresh orange juice and great breakfast. I love the Aji Limon jam. Marco is the perfect host able to recommend places, routes and fantastic food. It has a very homely feel to it and if you are lucky you might even get to try one of the best tasting Maracuya Sours ever. I stayed here twice in Lima and wouldn{t stay anywhere else. Excellent internet connection and a great set up for skype etc as well. A well thought out hostel with all the creature comforts. Thanks Marco.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear guest,
We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your time at our hostel. We also hope that you enjoyed Lima and Peru in general. Best wishes and come back soon.
Best regards.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I've stayed in well over 100 hostels in my day, and I've never written a review. Honestly, I thought my first would be overtly negative. However, this is not the case.

I've been staying in Lima Backpacker's for the past few days, and it's one of the best places in which I've ever stayed. The owner is painfully nice, friendly, and accommodating, and you are basically staying in his apartment. The breakfast is fantastic, there are fresh towels, there is a guitar and couches and internet, and the place is essentially brand new. Marco is incredibly hospitable, and dedicated every necessary bit of effort to ensure our stay was comfortable, and to point us in the right direction.

In addition, I write this review because this hostel is a tad bit out of the way (although still a very easy bus ride from Barranco), and if not for glowing reviews like this, it might never take off. Excellent value as well--you simply won't regret staying here.

Thanks again Marco,

Will

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
mapv2k, Owner at Lima Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear guest,
We are really glad that you liked our hostel. We wish you the best for the rest of your trip and if you come back to Lima please let us know.
Best regards.