“Fantastic School”

Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic School”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This school is excellent on every level. While the learning is very intensive, it is relaxed and fun classroom environment and the school organises almost weekly social events. It is excellent value for money and super flexible in regards to taking time off to travel and returning to continue your study. The administration of the school and my teacher have been nothing other than fantastic. Highly recommended!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank WillyLima

Lima, Peru
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Brilliant!!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This school is great - I live in Lima and wanted to do some intensive classes to improve my spanish. The school were really helpful and I felt like my spanish improved so much. They were very dedicated and did everything possible to make sure I was learning at an appropriate level. This school is also excellent value for money. I have recommended this school to friends and am hoping to return!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank amyrpowell
Hamburg
“Great school, great teachers :-)”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I did two weeks of fast track super intensive (6 hours per day of individual classes) and it really was worth ist! The teachers were doing a great job and I really could see how my Spanish improved from one day to another. Coordination of pick up at the airport and accomodation in a family worked out very well. The academic coordinator, Alejandro, is very professional and altough the school is one of the less expensive ones in Lima, there is nothing to complain about. On the contrary: It really was a great time!

London
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Excellent school”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I did two weeks of six-hours-a-day classes (four hours in a small group in the morning, two hours one on one conversation in the afternoon), and felt like I made a lot of progress on my Spanish.

I'd taught myself a bit of Spanish before, so wasn't a complete beginner: before starting the school, I could manage basic day-to-day things but nothing complicated -- and I really needed to work on being able to speak and understand in real time, without constantly having to have everything repeated more slowly.. After a couple of weeks, I was able to express myself a lot better and have a wider range of conversations (at closer to natural speaking pace), so I got exactly what I wanted out of the experience.

Six hours a day (the 'super immersive' option) is pretty full on -- by the end of each day my brain was pretty fried, and that was about it for me for the day. But for me, it was definitely worth it.

The costs were very reasonable. The teachers were excellent: friendly, helpful, patient and always talking a little faster or at a slightly higher level than is easily comfortable for you, so that they push you to the next level. I was impressed. For the classes I was in, although the teachers all spoke excellent English, there was very little English spoken during class, which makes a huge difference to your ability to get used to understanding everyday Spanish.

If I'm back in Lima, I'll definitely be back at the school -- and probably trying to stay longer to get even more out of it.

2 Thank Sam R
London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great place to learn Spanish and meet people”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I studied Spanish here for four days. I joined the first level after studying Spanish to GCSE in the UK (very basic level). I refreshed my Spanish and greatly increased my vocabulary. My teacher, Kathy, was amazing! Very friendly and taught me lots about Peruvian culture. It's also a great place to meet others studying Spanish. The school has a very friendly environment. Alejandro organises regular trips to tourist attractions. We visited downtown Lima and the water park. Thank you Peruwayna!