“Basic hotel with good service”

Casa Andina Select Miraflores
Ranked #29 of 234 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights. Our room was clean with 2 queen beds and completely adequate.The view out the window was a bit depressing as we were looking at constructions sites with rebar sticking out of the roofs. Breakfast was included and it, too, was good overall. The hotel is within walking distance of Larcomar - a ritsy shopping complex.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,432)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Casa Andina Select in Miraflores for two nights and were very happy with the rooms and the service. Would recommend simply taking a taxi from the airport, though - the hotel charges 100 soles, but taxis are freely available (and safe!) for 45 soles or 55 soles for a large van.

On a separate note, and not at all related to the quality of the hotel, I would recommend staying in the city centre rather than in Miraflores if you're travelling for tourism rather than business - there is MUCH more to do and see in the city!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank D01_and_D02
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed at Casa Andina Select in Miraflores on business from April to June 2013. During this extended stay I had the opportunity to experience what this hotel has to offer and then some!!
The hotel is a small, clean, efficient hotel with no fancy frills but all the amenities of a large hotel. People have talked about the noisy air conditioners; I am happy to report that they were all changed in May 2013 and the new models are the quietest air conditioning units that I have ever experienced. So, no problems there. Other people have raved about the staff friendliness. I can only confirm and emphasize this point. Having breakfast and dinner at the restaurant for 2-1/2 months can take its toll on anybody. The staff is so nice that it makes you feel right at home and like you are a part of their family. They are always smiling, courteous and efficient. The customer is always right and they will bend over backwards to satisfy the customer. I actually looked forward to having a meal there every day. I could start mentioning all the good things about this hotel but my review would be much longer; so I am just going to hit the highlights. Location is excellent. Very close to all the tourist points, shopping, restaurants, parks, etc. yet secluded enough to be quiet and not be in the middle of the noisy streets and traffic that plague Miraflores. I already mentioned the staff. The spa facilities are great. The gym is well equipped, the rooms are large enough, bright, airy and clean, yet they have some great blinds that provide great blackout if you want to sleep in during the weekends. The bathrooms are clean and functional. In short, it was a very comfortable hotel with great location and very friendly and professional staff. The cons are small and petty. The restaurant menu is varied enough but after 80 days I did have to go out many times to get out of the routine. The rooms could use a comfortable chair to seat and read during the weekends; all they have is the desk chair. In fact, if I was to improve this hotel after 80 day stay, I would create a lounge for guests to relax and read or something like that. The only available place to do that is in front of the reception desk and that can get pretty noisy when a tour bus is checking in or out. Anyway, It was a great stay and I would definitely stay there the next time I am in Lima. The only thing that I regret is that it doesn't have a frequent traveler program. I hated to waste an 80 day stay without getting any points for it.

Room Tip: Avoid the 09 and 19 rooms in every floor. From the hallway you can look straight through teh window...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel was generally comfortable--we had the junior suite which offered a king bed, and a couch and coffee table. It was plenty of room for a couple. The service was satisfactory, and the breakfast was very good, with a variety of buffet items and menu ordering for pancakes, poached eggs, etc. The business center had several computers and a printer.

The one negative was the wi-fi in our room. For 4 or 5 days, the password did not work, nor did other passwords that I was given, and I was finally told that they had problems with the corner rooms. This was a very frustrating experience, especially given that it continued on for days, and there seemed to be no solution.

Room Tip: See review above
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Laraine G
CasaAndina_CS, Propietario at Casa Andina Select Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Casa Andina Select Miraflores.

We are glad you enjoyed your room and the service from our staff. We are sorry to know you had trouble with wifi signal. It is not usual what you have shared with us and we have sent this information in order to avoid any similar situation in the future.

Hope to serve you again.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were on a tour and stayed in this hotel the first two nights and the last night we were in Peru. The room was somewhat spartan, but very functional. Breakfast was good - buffet and, others on our tour said you could order omelets, pancakes, etc. Some of our friends had dinner here and said it was fine. It's walkable to some shopping and restaurants. It was a bit noisy in the morning due to traffic - but it's a large city.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kent S

Dear guest,

We appreciate your positive comments about Casa Andina Select Miraflores and for sharing these with our team.

Also, we are glad to know you enjoyed your last stay with us.

As you mentioned, our hotel is located near to some shopping centers and restaurants, which is greatly convenient for our guests.

Thank you for choosing us for your stay and we hope to serve you again very soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This Casa Andina is conveniently located in Miraflores and you can walk to numerous restaurants and stores. The hotel appeared to be fairly new and the room was nicely furnished, spacious, and modern.

We stayed in a Junior Suite on the 3rd floor. There was a lot of outside street noise. The hotel had left earplugs on the nightstands in our room ... so it would appear they had other complaints about the noise. I'm a light sleeper so any noise bothers me, but my wife can sleep through anything (we thought) but the noise even kept her awake.

If you decide to stay here, I would insist on a high floor (7, 8, etc.). We had requested a quiet room but clearly the 3rd floor room we were in was not quiet.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom D
CasaAndina_CS, Propietario at Casa Andina Select Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear guest,

We appreciate the time you take to share your impressions with us and we would like to thank you for choosing Casa Andina Select Miraflores for your stay.

We are deeply sorry to hear that you did not have a quiet stay. We would have been more than happy to assist you changing your room, if possible.

In reference to your comments, we do have sound-proofed windows, but have made the necessary recommendations to our team in order to look into this issue.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to serve you in the future at any of our hotels.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I arrived much earlier than I had realized, (my own fault for not paying attention to my flight's arrival time), but the front desk staff were very understanding and accommodating.. I was allowed to check in several hours early with no hassles! The property is well situated in Miraflores, and is near practically anything you could want. The staff were friendly, competent and very efficient. The on-site restaurant was excellent! Though it is not in the center, (and given the horrendous traffic, it takes longer to get to the Old Town than you may guess), this is still a great base to explore Lima!

Room Tip: My room faced the street and was a bit noisy, (even on the ninth floor). It was certainly not so bad...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Peter M

Dear guest,

We appreciate you sharing your experience in our hotel.

We are glad our staff was attentive to you and was able to help you regarding your early check in. Also, we are pleased that you enjoyed our ifacilities and that you were able to explored Lima.

Hope we can serve you once again in the future.