“Great Location, Friendly Atmosphere”

and 1 more site!
Residencial Miraflores B&B
Ranked #5 of 304 Lima B&B and Inns
Beverly MA
“Great Location, Friendly Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I needed a short stay in Lima alone to visit some relatives and a friend recommended Residencial Miraflores. What a gem. So friendly, so eager to help with airport transport and recommendations for restaurants, shops, pharmacies - whatever you want. And it is located in a lovely part of Miraflores, a safe, clean, sophisticated, and beautiful suburb of Lima. I was able to walk to the Malecon along the clifftop overlooking the Pacific Ocean every day for exercise, walk to the Metropolitano bus to go into Lima on cheap and efficient public transport. Need a taxi? - it is located near major streets so the longest it took to hail a cab was five minutes. Laundry around the corner so you don't have to pack a lot. Artesanal market four blocks away. And the room was comfortable, clean, good TV and bathroom with shower. I wish I could find equivalent places in other places I travel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I arrived in Lima to marry my lovely Peruvian wife and checked in this resort for my family who were coming to see me get wed. I also stayed the night before my wedding. I can say that everything was top quality, from the quality of the rooms all the way to the fantastic hospitality. Been as me and my wife was still busy, even when my family arrived, dealing with our wedding, the couple running the residency was very kind and even looked after my family. They took them out to top restaurants and top sites to visit. The people here were warm and caring and always willing to cater to your needs. They have a lovely dog (Chicho.) Who is friendly and always likes to play. They serve lovely breakfast at a table with other people, they way you would at home and they are genially interested in helping you and talking to you. I am doing some injustice not even mentioning more. I've been in some top top quality hotels but this is the most personal and most hospitable hotel I have ever been to. Totally recommend it. I have recommended this to friends too and they are happy with their choice too.

A********

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

No matter what you're looking for Mauricio and Anna Maria are there to help. Whether you are traveling for business, pleasure, solo, or in a group i'm sure they will accommodate in any way possible.

The family are some of the kindest most loving people I had the pleasure of crossing paths with during my three months in Peru. So much so that I returned to this B&B 3 times during my 3 month back pack stint just so I could spend time with them. They became my Peru family and I looked forward to returning to Residencia Miraflores for so many reasons. .

First the home. it's beautiful. High ceilings like I have never seen, and stained glass windows line the foyer and main area. The whole architecture of the house is beautiful. definitely worth checking out. The rooms and bathrooms were immaculate as there is a small army of magical women who clean that house until it shines like the top of the Chrysler Building. Privacy is not an issue at all. If you spend a night there you will see how easy it is to feel as though this is your home away from home. .

The area was safe and walking distance to everything you could possibly want to do in Miraflores. Plus it's just far enough away from the bar scene that you could sleep peacefully, but close enough to walk a few blocks and grab a drink and some Ceviche. Lima has a bad wrap, and rightfully so. I highly recommend Miraflores. It has parks galore, tree lined streets, and salsa livening up Parque Kennedy on the regular. you won't be disappointed.

Staying at Residencia Miraflores was such an amazing experience I can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: Front Room on the Right. just tell them Lindsey's favorite. I'm sure they will know. so love...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was our first time in Peru , Anna Maria's B&B was so lovely the bedrooms are very clean and comfortable with own shower room and toilet ,the hospitality we were shown was second to none , we were made to feel at home right from the start of our stay until the end , it felt like we had been staying with friends we were welcomed into Anna Maria's home as if we were family , we cannot find words that praise this B&B enough or the lovely lady who runs it ,we highly recommend this B&B had a great time, hope to see you again Norman, Norah Keith x

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

There's not much more to say that other reviewers haven't already said. This place shines because of Ana Maria, the owner. She's a delight - friendly and warm and kind.

The house itself is a gorgeous old traditional Peruvian home and we picked it to deliberately experience something other than a hotel room. It's clean and very spacious but basic and homely - if you are looking for 4 or 5 star amenities this is not the place for you. The sheets are clean and the bed gets made every day (towels changed too). The shower is hot and pressure is excellent.

Ana makes a simple little breakfast (bread, egg if you want, fruit, juices, coffee). She had us try different native South American fruits like granadillas and chilimoyas. There's also a cute little hamburger bar thing next door - literally four tables in a tiny room, but the food was fresh and light and delicious. The most amazing lemon verbena lemonade. When we arrived, Ana rushed us over before they closed so that we could have something to eat before falling into bed.

The B&B is really well located: easy walking distance to banks, restaurants, the cat park, the LarcoMar (probably around 10-15 mins walk) and Inca ruins. One of Peru's best restaurants, Gaston Acurio's Panchita (where he re-interprets traditional Peruvian street food in a modern way), is right around the corner. We ate there twice because it was so convenient!

Wifi went out while we were there; bit annoying but Ana did everything she could to fix it.

...and how could I forget? One of the best things about the place is Chicho! Oh, little Chicho the siberian husky. He's so adorable, loves a pat and a play and is all-round awesome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed in this beautiful house for 2 days. It's well located in the lovely Miraflores district close to nice cafes, restaurants and shops and is also just a few blocks away from the Huaca Pucllana ruins. Our room was spacious, incredibly comfortable, nicely furnished and with wifi and hot shower. Ana was so friendly and helpful: she arranged our airport transfers (and even woke up at 2am to see us off) and gave us recommendations for interesting sites, shopping and amazing restaurants. We loved our stay here and would come back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Biarritz, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

as with all the other reviews Anna is simply a wonderful host and made sure we had a fantastic stay in Lima. She is great company and adorable. The house is beautiful, clean and spacious. the room was excellent, super comfy bed, big tv, wifi, great hot shower. All we could have asked for and more. We were also recommended great places to eat and visit which made our stay that much more pleasurable. Thanks Anna!

Room Tip: front room was great, looking onto the patio.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple