$220
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
$80
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $101/night.

$134
$115
$309
$193
$264
$246
  • Pool
Hotel Vila Santa(Lima)(Great Value!)
$79
$66
$177
$135
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 12, 2015 via mobile

We have traveled the world in hostels and this is average.

It has a good location and warm shower, although limited about.
The rooms are a bit small for 10 just because people luggage get out everywhere.

But it is a good base. Shame it doesn't have a kitchen to use but the sandwich bar around the corner is incredible!

Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2014

We changed our plans at the last minute, and selected Hostelima based on the mostly good reviews, price and availability. We stayed two nights at separate times, one in a private room and the other in a four-bed dorm that turned out to be empty and had a double bed in it. The pros for staying here are the price, as it was cheap for the area, and the location is in the centre of Miraflores, close to lots of great restaurants and bars. The staff were also very helpful in giving us directions and arranging early-morning cabs to the airport.

The cons are (with caveats in brackets): fairly gross showers, in the private room and dorms (though we used them at the very end of the day, so they'd probably had many people through them already). Poorly ventilated rooms which smell faintly of mould, and were small and basic (although for the price, the latter not unexpected).

The clincher for us was that there was no enforcing of decent behaviour standards at night in the dorms by the staff. On our second stay there, we were woken at 3.30am by some young guys who had come home and weren't ready to go to bed yet. They were laughing and screaming in the hallways for so long (a good twenty minutes or so, at which point I think everyone in the hostel was awake) that finally I had to get up to ask them to be quiet, after which they hung around a bit longer and then went upstairs. I was livid that the staff member on overnight didn't come up to tell them off herself, not to mention that these guys didn't have the decency themselves to respect their dorm-mates. (In retrospect, perhaps being a woman on the front desk alone, she didn't want to confront a group of young men by herself – but surely there's a system for sorting it out that protects her and the rights of people to sleep).

If you want a cheap bed and don't mind policing noise in the middle of the night, this place ticks that box. But I wouldn't return here again.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pintadoguy
Reviewed November 13, 2014

Good location , helpful stuff , delicious food at the hostel's restaurant.
They giving you discounts for restaurants , free entrance for parties and all the information you need.
cool roof to chill and very clean and good facilities.

• Stayed: November 2014
1  Thank Matan R
Reviewed November 4, 2014

Very nice comfortable place to stay in, no kitchen, pool table, nice common area. they offer you a good menu to eat there like a restaurant - I really liked the Burger!!!! and the Shakshuka (Israeli typical food) 2 computers free to use, they help you book buses and flights and can tell you where you can find the best parties! very helpful staff! Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Tortugalind
Reviewed October 17, 2014

I have a great deal to say, but I will start with the fact that I stayed there 3 times - I think that means that I was very pleased.

1. The staff was always smiling, very kind, nice and really helpful. They speak fluent English!!!.
The owners are there a great deal of the time and make sure that you have the best time. I have special dietery needs and they helped meby letting me use anything I needed from the kitchen. Their chef helped me the whole time (unfotunately, I couldn't eat their food, but, it smelled good and my freinds told me it was great).
Each time I stayed there they helped me order the tickets to my next destination (without asking for any commision) and gave me advice about places and activities. I have a great deal more to write about the fantastic staff there! They treat everyone like they are family so they feel like "home away from home".

2.The place is always clean and smells good.
They have a great cleaning staff who works all the time (the same staff has been working there for years. They always smile - for me it means that they are treated well!!) The room is always clean (that is rare in dorms in South America!), they change your sheets every 2-3 days, the bathrooms are always clean and they always have enough toilet paper.

3. The lobby is great and equipped with anything you could possibly need and want.
There is a nice cafeteria with good food (so I've been told by my freinds- because of my dietery needs I couldn't eat the chef's food).
There are two computers that everyone can use at any time.
There is a livingroom with comfortable sofas and piilows, a big TV screen with a large selection of movies.
There is a pool table.
They have a table with maps of the area and plenty of useful information (which you could get from the kind staff).

4. The roof is amazing!.
It's very big, has three areas with sofas and tables and a lot of open space. You can eat, play, hang around or just go there to get some fresh air.

5. THE BEST LOCATION!.
It's in the center of Miraflores!. It is a very nice area and very safe (I walked there on my own even at night). It is very close to anything you need (shopping, pubs, clubs, restaurants and Kennedy Park).

In conclusion I would say that it's THE BEST HOSTEL I've been to in Latin America - and I went to many.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo