“Still going strong!”

NANKA
Ranked #1 of 2,898 Restaurants in Lima
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: NANKA is a gastronomic space in La Molina, an ecological district of Lima-Peru.In this space we offer a seasonal menu, especially designed for sharing, that aims to promote local and sustainable produce... A friendly and informative service culture by a team of young professionals passionate about gastronomy that aims to promote local and sustainable produce... A space specially designed that allow us to offer you an experience, more than something yummy to eat. Facebook: /Nanka.La.Molina twitter: /nankaperu
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We revisited Nanka in February, and the food, service and ambience were all excellent. This is my favourite restaurant in Lima (including one of my top 3 cebiches!). Congratulations to the team for bouncing back so well and continuing Jason and Lorena's vision.

1  Thank Jon T
Carla_Ulloa_R, Coordinadora de Marketing at NANKA, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2014

Dear friend, we are so grateful about your words. NANKA is a team who always fight to move forward at any adversity.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Tragically we have just learnt that Chef Jason Nanka, and his wife Lorena, were killed today in a car accident in Peru.

We went to Nanka last week and can only say it was one of the best restaurant experiences of my life. The food and service were brilliant.... An amazing achievement for Jason and Lorena to build such an amazing restaurant from nothing in less than a year.

I hope their restaurant can keep going in their memory......

5  Thank Jon T
Carla_Ulloa_R, Coordinadora de Marketing at NANKA, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2015

Dear friend,

We appreciate your kind words. Nanka is now under the baton of Pebbles Morales and Juan Carlos Valdivia (Lorenita's parents) who have made its own commitment with her son and daughter's legacy with the support of a professional team.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We visited this restaurant travelling from Las Vegas and me and my family loved the food and top service provided. My daughter is a vegetarian so she had found this place online. When we reserved for a party of 15 as it was a family reunion, they had our tables prepared and ready. Everyone enjoyed the quality, fresh food and it was a delightful experience. I will visit Nanka again on my next trip to Lima! Muchas Gracias Nanka!

1  Thank Martha B
LorenaVal, Gerente at NANKA, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

We are glad you had a nice experience at NANKA! We look forward to welcoming you again soon! Kindest Regards! Lorena and Jason

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I visited Nanka recently with my girlfriend and had only planned on staying for a drink but ended up eating there as the food look and sounded so good. It did not disappoint. We had the chicharrón and it was amazing. The pork was cooked to perfection and it came with a great selection of freshly made sauces. To receive beautiful homemade bread and olive oil before the meal was a lovely touch but to be given hand made alfahor biscuits and chocolates after our meal as well as the delicious, fresh herb water throughout was a bonus. We left very satisfied. The cocktails were amazing too. The chef Jason even came over and showed us some of the ingredients he uses in his dishes as I asked him some questions about one the dishes. Finally you can even walk around the restaurant and look at the herb garden which is a nice touch. We will be back to try more for sure.

1  Thank James D

Thanks for your kind comments! We look forward to welcoming you soon! Cheers! Lorena and Jason

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I went with some friends for lunch to this new restaurant. While we were waiting for our dishes, they kept serving us warm homemade bread with olive and seeds, and carrott soup. We ordered Pachananka for two persons(baked organic chicken, pork, sirloin, potatoes and veggies) , it was delicious. The staff is efficient and friendly. The australian cheff visited our table and offered us outstanding homemade chocolates. They have a small store where they sell organic products. I was gladly surprised by this excellent restaurant, and will definitely return.

3  Thank 54lillian
LorenaVal, Gerente at NANKA, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Thanks for your kind comments Lillian. It was a real pleasure for all of us to serve you and your foodie friends :)

We look forward to welcoming you very soon!

Cheers!