“Very Pleased”
Review of Ekeko Hostel

Ekeko Hostel
Ranked #86 of 392 Specialty Lodging in Lima
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The first time I stayed here it didn't leave much of an impression on me however when I went back a month later I came to see how great it was. It's cosy and the staff are excellent, I had limited time to organise a transport to the bus station at 3am and the owner took me there for his own piece of mind. I was happy to come back to stay, Juan Miguel is fabulous too! While it is basic it's homely. I had a great time here and met some really great people. The beds were soooo comfortable, after a long day out walking it's exactly what you need. Wifi isn't the best though, I wasn't terribly bothered by that but I know some people are. Location is great as well, it was awesome having the Inca ruins right across the road!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bekah23

Reviewed December 23, 2013

The staff are lovely and really helpful, arranged for my bus tickets down south to be delivered to the hostel. Communal areas are good, nice TV and good DVD collection. It wasn't the cleanest of places and the showers were either ice cold or burning hot. Atmosphere was laid back but didn't seem like a party hostel. Kitchen was good, smoking area was very comfy. Breakfast was pretty mismal. In a quiet and safe part of town. No lockers in the rooms, only small ones for valuables in the kitchen.

Room Tip: I stayed in the big dorm and it seemed alright for noise level etc.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Ekeko was clean, had hot showers, and the friendliest staff. We stayed in a private room in the rear of the hostel, which was quite comfortable. Christian and David, the hosts, gave us terrific recommendations catered to our specific requests, and once even organized a lunch to a fantastic ceviche restaurant for the people milling around the hostel. Although the location is not in the heart of Miraflores, it is easy to get a taxi or have a walk to the main spots for food and drink. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

This Hostel have a good location in a safe area.And you can walk down to the beach in Miraflores in 20 min. It was clean,good beds and breakfast open to 11.30 if you want to sleep in. The atmosphere were really good. Many movies and book exchange. The staff was awesome. David are very helpful and can help you everything. Christian he owner took my friend,me and one other girl to the most amazing place to eat.And after that he got me a cheaper prize for the paragliding. Very happy after the stay!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I, traveling from North America, stayed for a week in a private room at Ekeko. We're backpacking in SA for two months and I have to say hands down this is the best staff I've stayed with. They were absolutely wonderful, they made sure you were exploring in a good part of town, eating at the best (and cheapest) restaurants and seeing the best sights Lima had to offer. David was so great and truly interested in your travels and even offered to help me learn Spanish! He knows so many languages! So impressive. Christian (the owner) was also wonderful and Extremely helpful. My one and only complaint, give David more time off! The guys needs sleep. Much love to you all at Ekeko.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Modernbetty
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there one night and the place is top class. Clean rooms, hot shower, great kitchen, locker facilities and it is close to the supermarket :)
The guy at reception was very helpful in arranging bus tickets etc
I would recommend to book in advance via hostel world as it is cheaper and they get very busy!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank TravelReviewer1983
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Hi, I put 3 of 5. Simply becase it was OK. Acceptable standard for gringo :-)
Owner was at the place and staff was helpful. No bad experience. Located in quiet and safe street not far from Miraflores.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo