“Great place!”
Review of Hotel Senorial

Hotel Senorial
Ranked #92 of 236 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and helpful, and I find the location to be a good one (although some taxi drivers don't know the road very well... You may have to ask more than one). In Perú in general it helps to have a working knowledge of the language to get around, and this is no exception. But the day desk girl speaks pretty good English and everyone here tries hard. All in all- I'd def return!

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We loved the hotel. The price includes a pretty good breakfast (not luxurious but good), the only downsides are that some of the rooms are noisy and that wireless pretty much only works in the lobby/ breakfast area. The people were very nice, they actually called in the evening prior to our departure to say that they had changed the arrival of our taxi to an hour earlier because the main road to the airport was closed and they thought there would be much traffic on the detour route. Really appreciated the independent thought for the benefit of the guest - even when it was not going to directly benefit them. Rooms are clean and nice, beds are like the breakfast: good but not luxurious, good hotel, excellent value.

Room Tip: If you are staying over the weekend, avoid rooms close to the street, or enjoy the singing late at n...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is not a five star chain hotel. This is just a really nice, inexpensive local gem. The rooms have character but are spacious and comfortable. The central courtyard is surrounded by three story wings with open single loaded corridors. The restaurant is decent and the complementary breakfast is really quite good. There's a piano in one of the waiting rooms, a comfortable lobby and a cab is always nearby. The staff know what they're doing and speak English reasonably well. The ambience lets you know you are in Peru, but your comfortable and safe. They do have WiFi and all modern conveniences, but it feels like you're entirely in the 21st Century. Remember to say Buon Dias to everyone at breakfast when you sit down.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank profschiler
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We have stayed here several times and had excellent experiences. Very clean, nice, quiet and safe. The breakfast is good with a nice variety. The courtyard is especially lovely.The location is very convenient to Miraflores and surrounding areas. We went for dinner at several places nearby and enjoyed Larco Mar very much. There is a Starbucks closeby,

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Based on the reviews, I probably wouldn't have stayed here, but on my second trip to Lima I wanted to be in Miraflores close to the Larcomar, etc. I had a taxi take me to his recommendation and found it to be cheap, but not something I wanted to stay in for more than a few hours. I stayed the one night, but found Senorial the next day about a block away. They offered me a good price and I found the room a great value given the price. The location is excellent and although I've stayed at a bit better valued place in Lima, nothing beats this location. I will definitely stay there again if they offer me a good deal (off their posted rate) the next time I'm in Lima. I was surprised at some of the other reviews as I found the small hotel very interesting, the breakfast was good and the hotel seemed in good condition. It's not the Marriot, but you can always pay Marriot prices just a few blocks away if that's your choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank davefromedmonton
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We were quite happy to stay in this hotel. The location is great, a short walk from Avenida Larco and Larcomar. We stayed with a group, and were well satisfied with our nightly dinners and pisco sours. Breakfast was very good. The room was immaculate and comfortable. We had no problem with street noise or with windows not shutting.
As I have knee problems, I did find it quite difficult to climb the winding stairway to our third floor room, and wish we had asked for a first or second floor.
The front desk staff was helpful, though not friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ruth S
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The staff is always helpful and friendly........the hotel is clean and comfortable....within walking distance to lots of shops, restaurants, and the coast! Wonderful breakfast provided every morning, it's free with the room. In house bar and restaurant, free wi-fi, and use of computers. I've stayed a week there every year for the past 6 years......

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends