“Overall Good Hotel near Airport”

SM Hotel & Business
Ranked #115 of 228 Hotels in Lima
“Overall Good Hotel near Airport”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Good Hotel reasonable close to the airport. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was slightly small and clean. However, bathroom was not cleaned before I arrived. DirecTV and wifi available in all rooms. Continental breakfast in the morning was very good. Only bad thing about this hotel it is hard to find as the hotel does not include a phone number or address in their confirmation email. Make sure to get this information before arriving. Overall good experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The value was good and the people wepre professional and helpful... met us at the airport. No elevator so 3rd floor eas a bit of a challenge with luggage. The staff spoke very good english and responded quickly to email inquiries..

• Stayed April 2013
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I choose this hotel for his location, close to the airport (but still 20 mins drive during rush hrs) since I had a late arrival and early flight next morning. I booked via Internet a double room but they put me in a small 3x3 meter room next to the dining room, with the necessary apologies. Lots of noise during evening, night was better. As mentioned very small room with not even space to place your luggage. Nevertheless it was clean and the room and bathroom had all it needed. Received a small breakfast package when I checked out out 3.30am, which was nice. Staff was very polite and friendly. Unfortunately they forgot to give me my requested wake-up call which is actually complete unacceptable if you rely on them to wake up... Luckily I didn't!

Room Tip: Avoid room 101!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Goettingen, Germany
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a long layover (midnight arrival, 11am departure next morning). SM Hotel arranged for a driver to pick us up at the airport and then take us back the next morning. The room was immaculate, the bed very comfortable and the breakfast just what we needed. The hotel was very secure and provided the perfect respite. Thanks SM Hotel!

Room Tip: Perhaps choose an upper room for quiet. We had a 2nd floor room (no elevators) and people trudged b...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SanFranTravelers
United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I loved this hotel. I arrived their to take my flight out of Peru. I had been traveling for 5 weeks and arrived hungry, tired and tearful. The staff were absolutely wonderful, my room was clean, it had a bath with bubbles, and a bathrobe. They made me a sandwhich when I arrived to appease my hunger, and a glass of water, they helped me with my luggage and they arranged the taxi service for airport pick up, which was very early in the morning. When I checked out, I got handed a package, they had pre-packed my breakfast because I was leaving way before I breakfast time! It was also a very reasonable rate. Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a bath
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank LaurenMichelle78
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel is a great hotel to stay in if you want somewhere close to the airport. The hotel is really modern and has free use of the computers and breakfast is included in the price. The staff are really friendly and the rooms are lovely. The only thing is that it is a taxi ride out of the tourist area and is more for business people but I will definitely recommend this place to stay and would love to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Emily N
Arequipa
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here for only one night. My flight arrived to Lima at 10:25 pm. I was scheduled to catch a 6:00 am flight to Arequipa the following morning. So I only needed a place to sleep for a few hours. THE PROS: I chose this place for its proximity to the airport, and that is its best selling point in my opinion. The bed was very comfortable. The room appearance was clean. The staff was courteous. THE CONS: My room was VERY VERY small. I was traveling alone, and I cannot imagine sharing that small space with another person. I had only a single, medium sized piece of luggage and a small backpack. I found myself stepping over my bags to get around the room, because of its small size. Despite its clean appearance, the room smelled slightly of mildew. The room was not sound-proofed very well. Noise from the hallways and adjacent rooms was a problem. The cap seal was broken on the complimentary bottle of water provided. So either a previous guest broke it and decided not to drink it, or they refilled the bottle.

CONCLUSION: I think it's an okay choice if you only need a cheap place to rest on a short layover. I would not choose this place if I were traveling with someone due to small size of rooms. Neither would I choose it if I needed someplace to stay for several days. I rate it 3 stars because it suited my specific need. If I had been made to endure the noise and small room for several days it probably would have received a lower rating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank HMTravel1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lima
San Miguel
Hotel Palmetto La Perla
#140 of 228 in Lima
Ginebra Hotel
#149 of 228 in Lima

Been to SM Hotel & Business? Share your experiences!