“Good place for your airport stay”

SM Hotel & Business
Ranked #106 of 224 Hotels in Lima
Londn
“Good place for your airport stay”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Methinks I am not out of order to say that most people stay here overnight for flights out of Lima the next morning. So, I can state that this is a good place for such a stay. The driver was waiting for us in the arrival hall, the transport and check in was quick and the rooms were perfectly fine for the quick overnight stay. The beds were comfortable, the AC worked (which was nice after coming back from the jungle), the hot water was hot and continuous and the staff seemed to know all the flight times going out the next morning so they could provide appropriate times to get to the airport. We stayed there on both ends of the jungle trip and things were perfectly fine each time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

we stayed for a week knowing it would be near the airprot so was a bit noisy from time to time but to be honest you dont hear a lot of planes, the noise was more the roadworks and construction gonig on outside right by our room where they were extending or building something below which started at about 8am which was a bit annoying :/ but other than that everything was great. Lovely friendly and helpful staff, rooms cleaned daily, and towels changed daily. breakfast had three options and included scrambled/fried eggs or omelette, juice and or coffee/tea, cereal and yoghurt and bread/rolls jam/butter so definately enough to start the day! i have attached photos of the breakfast menu and the outside patio area. internet works in the rooms and breakfast area and all hotel we found. the nice thing was on leaving we were given a box of peruvian chocolates as a thankyou which was a lovely touch and really nice! we would definately stay again it was nice and secure= happy customers :)

Room Tip: (there was no pool or fitness area so this didnt apply) try get a room round the back so if you stay...
kentucky
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I ended up here by fate as the Ramada was booked solid for the night we wanted. I used TripAdvisor and found this gem of a place to stay for less than half the price! I was able to arrange a taxi through the hotel and the driver was waiting for us! Desk staff great and rooms nice with out being pretentious.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Currently staying here before my flight home. I booked a junior suite but it is just a hotel room. The noise from renovations directly through the wall is unbearable (It is 10am though and it didnt start until about half an hour ago).

With those things said, I am a lone female traveller in my twenties who doesn't reallyspeak Spanish, so this hotel is ideal. I arrived at Lima airport after 11pm last night, and although my flight arrived earlier than scheduled, there was a nice man there to greet me (he had a sign with my name on it - a first for me!!!). He took my luggage, led me through the crowds and took me to his Lexus. The drive took about fifteen minutes. The hotel is situated in a nice residential area. I was driven through an electric security gate and the gate was then closed over before my luggage was taken out. The staff all speak English. I arranged my car to take me to the airport today and was offered a wake up call (definitely didn't need one with the noise next door).

As I have previously stated I booked a junior suite, but I fail to see what gives this room "suite" status. The room is modern, clean, cosy and comfortable, with a flat screen TV, mini bar, nice toiletries, a hairdryer, and plenty of towels.

I decided to have breakfast in my room this morning. It arrived withing fifteen minutes and was nice (more eggs!)

I would recommend this hotel for it's safety and comfort, but if you arrive late and want a long lie check whether the renovations are finished. I would compare the room to a Holiday Inn or small Hilton in the UK.

I think this a fair review. I also feel I should point out that a previous reviewer said they heard gun shots. Based on the surrounding area, I think that is unlikely and that it is more likely to have been fireworks, which they seem to be into in a big way in Peru.

Thank you for taking the time to read my review, and please don't hesitate to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Rozza28
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The SM hotel is clean, extremely comfortable and a decent value as a place for an airport stopover considering what you get for the money. I imagine their rooms are either just or nearly as nice as the ones at the super expensive airport hotel for less than a third of the price. The staff were kind and accommodating and made arranging transport quite easy for us. It's not in a touristy area, rather a *safe* middle-class residential neighborhood. There are in fact a few decent eating options either a short walk or taxi ride away. I'll need to be returning to Lima soon in transit and plan on staying again.

Room Tip: The Senior Suite with its huge hot tub is worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jason W
Sandys Parish, Bermuda
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have mixed feelings about the hotel. Service was very nice, very friendly helpful staff, pleasant atmosphere. But rooms are tiny! And some rooms, the ones with windows facing the street, are very noisy, you hear every little thing happening on the street or in corridor of hotel. On our second night we stayed in a different room, but were woken up by two loud gunshots. Beds are comfy, and no complaints about bathrooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed here in November 2012 for an overnight stopover in Lima. Since most of the U.S. flights get in late in the day, it usually means at least an overnight. the SM Hotel is clean and reasonably priced. The staff is helpful and friendly. While the rooms are basic, they are well-maintained and the beds are comfortable. A simple but filling breakfast (toast, eggs) was included in our room price as well.

The hotel is on a side street, so it's quiet but could also be hard to find. I'd highly recommend using the hotel's pick-up service from Lima airport. It was $15 each way and saved us the trouble of finding a cab and getting them to find the hotel. Our driver was friendly, so we actually hired her to drive us around Lima for a couple of hours later in our trip.

The only real downside is that it doesn't look like there's much nearby in terms of restaurants or shops. It seems like it's in a middle-class or working-class neighborhood that closes down fairly early other than takeout places.

Great value. I'd stay again if I needed to overnight in Lima.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lima
Machu Picchu Suites
Hotel Palmetto La Perla
#146 of 224 in Lima
Hotel Granada
#2 of 2 in Coporaque

Been to SM Hotel & Business? Share your experiences!