“One of the best experiences of my Peru trip”

SkyKitchen Peruvian Cooking Class
Ranked #1 of 16 Classes & Workshops in Lima
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SkyKitchen is all about Peruvian cuisine and food culture. You will learn about ingredients and the preparation of typical Peruvian dishes by preparing a 3 or 4 course meal by yourself. This is a hands-on cooking class under the instruction of one of our chefs. Enjoy your self-prepared dishes on a nice rooftop terrace overlooking Miraflores having a conversation with your fellow participants and the chef. Add a market tour to your cooking class and learn where most Peruvians get their fresh ingredients daily. Include a fruit tasting of more thank 35 fruits grown in Peru and discover lots of new flavours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
VIctoria
“One of the best experiences of my Peru trip”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

A group of us were in Peru with Firefighters Without Borders and Christian put a course together for us last minute before we left Peru at the end of our trip. I make a habit of taking cooking courses when i travel because i love food, and i gotta say this one was right up there as far as experiences go. Everyone knows how much firefighters love to eat, and this course did not disappoint!! If you're ever in Lima, you should make this a priority of your trip! Not only is the location awesome, so are the people running it! The course was very interactive and hands on. You'll go home and amaze your friends with what you learn! Highly recommend it.

Toronto
“A great day at the Sky Kitchen”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Sky Kitchen is great way to spend a day in Lima - interesting, fun and filling! Learning about the foods grown in Peru among the sights and sounds of the market was interesting and fun. Preparing and eating the food was fun and filling - we started with about 20 varieties of fruit (including three types of my favourite - passion fruit), then a potato dish with a pepper sauce, then a cold fish dish (I have never liked raw fish but this was excellent), and finally the main dish -chicken and rice. Christian was an excellent guide - fluent in English, Spanish and German. The kitchen is well set up with an island stove top, a large preparation table, and a beautifully parented dining table. All in all a great day - and I didn't need much dinner!

Visited May 2013
Puerto Rico
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent experience!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were a group of 5 and joined 4, the instructions were clear and simple. Sent us the recipes really quick, can't wait to make them at home. Had the dinner menu, my favorites were the Causa Rellena and the Picarones. Beautiful place and homey atmosphere. Highly recommend it!

San Francisco, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun and Delicious!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I took the Sky Kitchen class with a friend while traveling in Peru last month. It was pone of the best meals I had! We both really loved the market tour and fruit tasting. I learned delicious additions to my repertory that are easily transferable to my US kitchen. I also really liked the fact it was hands on-not watching the chef cook. It all adds up to a very fun day in Miraflores.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“An Excellent Cooking Lesson in Lima”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

All the experiencie was delightful. The amazing apartment is the last floor of a new building 4 floors away from the ovalo of san isidro. Jurac and Christian were really nice and food was amazing. We prepared a causa limeña with chiken, ceviche (this was the star of the night) , salteado de lomo and picarones (like a local donut). We really recommed taking this class at the beginning of your trip to have a better idea of the peruvian food.
Enjoy!