“Great fun”

SkyKitchen Peruvian Cooking Class
Ranked #1 of 20 Classes & Workshops in Lima
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SkyKitchen is all about Peruvian cuisine and food culture. You will learn about ingredients and the preparation of typical Peruvian dishes by preparing a 3 or 4 course meal by yourself. This is a hands-on cooking class under the instruction of one of our chefs. Enjoy your self-prepared dishes on a nice rooftop terrace overlooking Miraflores having a conversation with your fellow participants and the chef. Add a market tour to your cooking class and learn where most Peruvians get their fresh ingredients daily. Include a fruit tasting of more thank 35 fruits grown in Peru and discover lots of new flavours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had a wonderful trip to the market where Christian and Yurac explained all the different fruits, vegetable and meat cuts available and used in Peru. then home to try all the fruits and start cooking. Every step was fully explained and watched over to make sure we did everything correctly. We learned so much about Peruvian culture and cuisine, and got to enjoy the result.

We picked this out on the web, sight unseen and did not read all the reviews. We were extremely pleased with the experience and enjoyed every minute. Great way to understand Peru.

M. Brady

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were lucky enough to have our own private lesson. My daughter and I wanted to try something different. We really enjoyed the beautiful apartment the class was held in. The food was awesome and Christain did a great job informing us on all the assests of cooking. We loved all the different kinds of food we made. The only odd thing was the head chef Yurac, was not really into it. He did not say anything even though my daughter speaks spanish. The only time when he seemed to get more involved is when we were paying for are cooking lesson. He was then right there with his calculater figureing how much we owed. Very expensive but it was worth it! jane and nicole from wisconsin

1  Thank janew48
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We did this on a whim. I found this online and decided to sign up my wife and I along with our adult daughter. I emailed Christian who promptly answered and gave us several time slots and suggestions. We opted for the lunch time class and asked for a couple of specific Peruvian dishes we liked. My wife is from Peru and cooks some of these at home but even she learned some great tips. Their apartment and rooftop kitchen is spotless. We enjoyed helping with the prep, getting Christian and Yurac's expert instructions as well as eating some of the best food I ever ate in Peru. Since we come to peru often that is saying something. Highly recommended. Stop at a store nearby and pick up some wine to have as well. We will be back. Thanks Yurac and Christian, KT,CT and JT.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Wonderful experience to the Peruvian cuisine. My husband and I met Christian and Yuric at the market and had a very informative tour where we were introduced to all the native fruits, vegetables and spices. . Back at the kitchen we sampled many of the fruits and vegetables that were purchased. We then prepared our Andean delicacies under the tutelage of Yuric and translations supplied by Christian. Completing this class at the beginning of our trip allowed us a better understanding of the meals we enjoyed in the remaining 2 weeks in Peru. This experience we will recommend to everyone. Thanks for a great day. Ron and Lynne

Reviewed February 10, 2013

As a Peruvian, I lack dismally in the cooking department. I love to eat the food, but never learned how to make it. During my last visit home in January, I decided to sign up for a class and I'm so glad I did. Yurac and Christian have a beautiful home and delightful open kitchen on their terrace. Everything is clean and the ingredients are fresh. I went by myself and quickly made friends with the three others who were taking my lunchtime class. We had a great hands-on experience where everyone took turns on the stove and we learned how to find alternatives to ingredients outside of Peru. Most importantly, Yurac and Christian made me realize just how easy it is to make the wonderful food I have been eating my entire life. I'm excited for another class next time I'm in Peru.