“Wonderful beds!”

Estelar Miraflores Hotel
Ranked #42 of 234 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The featherbeds and the linen were highlights of this stay! But also the staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were very clean, and quiet. The gym was good. The conference facilities were also excellent. I liked the location a lot. The only small difficulty I can think of was that sometimes the hot water in the shower was unstable, needing constant adjustment. I'd like to have had coffee making facilities in the room. A very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank OliveP523

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel was nice, and the staff was friendly. We had a great view of the city and the ocean from our room. The location in Miraflores was cool, and we felt totally safe. The bar and restaurant were excellent.
If you're going to Lima, this is a nice place to stay. We weren't wild about Lima, though, so we wouldn't be going back. The city is just big and dirty.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lei B
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great room, great view, great service. Great buffet breakfast. Sauna in the room was a nice perk, as was the spacious Jacuzzi. Great location. Near shopping centers. Safe neighborhood. Friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: jr. suite is worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mari s
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My friend and I stayed here on our visit to Lima when I ran the Lima 42K. We got into town in the wee hours of the morning, but couldn't check in until 1pm (my fault). The did, however, rush to clean the first room available, and we were able to get into our room about an hour early. The staff spoke English as well, which was helpful to my friend, who doesn't speak any Spanish. They were extremely pleasant and gave suggestions, directions, and even knew exactly where the race was without my even telling them, which helped get me to the starting line quickly. The room was clean, and the complimentary breakfast was convenient and had plenty to choose from. The hotel is very centrally located and convenient to anywhere in the Miraflores district.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for nearly a week while attending a conference near-by. It is at a convenient location in the heart of Miraflores, and it is a good value for the money. There is a full breakfast every morning on the 21st floor overlooking the city and ocean, which is a big plus. We had a superior room with a king bed on the corner of the building with great views, but it was rather small and the windows were dirty, which obscured the view. Laundry service was great and prompt. Concierge was very helpful; many of the staff spoke English. One interesting downside is that the cleaning staff do not replenish the shampoo and other products on a daily basis, so we ended up having to conserve the small bottle of shampoo we received on the first day, which we thought was kind of weird. The turn-down service chocolates were strange and tasted badly. Normally, my wife and I love any kind of chocolate, but these were inedible to us. Swimming pool was very small and not heated in the heart of winter. Also, Lima is a big city of over 10,000,000 people, and even though we were on the 17th floor, we could hear traffic at night, so bring your ear plugs!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank love2live4ever
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Well-located in the heart of Miraflores, this hotel is a good choice if you want good facilities and friendly staff. The atmosphere is efficient and functional, but not especially attractive, though the top floor restaurant has excellent views over the rooftops of Miraflores. The breakfast buffet was good and the laundry service worked well. Wi fi access worked well and was free.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PangeOxford
Reviewed June 20, 2013

A wonderful hotel with a very caring staff. I managed to get food poisoning off the premises and became very very sick at night. My room became a mess from vomiting and diarrhea. Sometimes I managed to get to the bathroom in time and sometimes not. I was miserable and by myself in Lima Peru. I ordered up ice to cool my temperature down and fight dehydration. When the guy cam he saw that I was in trouble and he took control. He got more staff up to my room to clean it up and change all my bedding. I was embarrassed but they kept saying "don't worry about it" and "what can they do to help." They refused to take any gratuity. They informed the front desk and they called to tell me not to worry about check out time and I could stay as long as I wanted without any additional expense. Later in the afternoon I managed to get down to the front desk to thank them and they took one look at me and sent me back to my bed. 20 minutes later I had a Doctor, Nurse and Translator in my room. He gave me an injection, antibiotic pills and electrolite fluids. He refused to let me pay him anything!! When it was time to leave they came to my room to escort me to the transport to the Lima airport. These people were unbelievable! I was sooo sick and alone and they took control to do what they could do to help me. I would recommend this hotel over and beyond anyplace I ever stayed before. Many thanks to them and bless them all for such kind care they extended to me when I was most vulnerable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo