“Service is horrible”

Burrito Bar - Lima
Ranked #55 of 2,461 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Fast Food, Central American, Mexican, Latin
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Cash Only, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We serve freshly made hand stretched tortillas filled with your choice of chicken, steak, pork, veggies, rice, beans, cheese, guacamole and salsas. We also have a selection of soft drinks and beers. The restaurant is 2 blocks from the main plaza (Parque Municipal) in Barranco.
Lima, Peru
“Service is horrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is the first review I've done on trip advisor, but I was so disappointed with the service that I had to say something. We went after the lunch crowd thinking service would be fast. There was one waiter and two people in the kitchen preparing the orders. It took over 20 minutes for the waiter to take out order, and that was after we asked about ordering since the waiter, even after seeing us sitting and waiting, first took the order of people who came in after us.

Then, we had to wait another 25 minutes for the food to come. While the food was ok (the best part is the actual tortilla), I have never had to wait so long to order or get my food in a restaurant anywhere in the world. They were also out of chicken, lemonade, chips, and fish. Several people walked out because of the lack of menu items and horrible service. I know that a lot of people love this place, but after living in Lima for almost two years, this was the most disappointing eating experience I have had.

• Visited January 2014

Vilnius
“Go there for food not the ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Decided to visit this burrito bar due to great trip advisor reviews. I must admit, when we arrived, I felt a little bit hesitant to walk in as the place looked a little bit dodgy with the super basic and a bit worn interior and three big guys as the only customers inside.
But all hesitations were gone as soon as the food arrived. Home made nachos had lovely fresh guacamole and salsa dips that I had to refrain myself from licking. Burritos were massive like little piglets and so tasty that probably were the best burritos I ever had.
As mentioned - don't go for ambience, it is basic, with food arriving wrapped in foil on a plastic plate and you eat with hands, but it is a perfect place for lunch with very reasonable prices and amazing food to boot.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lina Z
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious big burritos, great margaritas- so hard to find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This place has great value for a very chill, taco bar environment. The owner made a new red hot sauce that is amazing! Live the 12 soles margaritas!

• Visited June 2013
Lima, Peru
“Delicious Burritos. Recommended.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great restaurant. One of the best in Lima, Peru. The burritos were huge, delicious and filling. This is the best Mexican food I have been able to find in LIma. The prices were just right. We will be back again soon.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JohnBoles30
Koh Phangan
“Fantastic burritos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great burritos, big, very tasty. Nice options like tamal de chocolate. Just remember the address since there is no sign. Best burrito in Lima for sure!

• Visited June 2012