“Its just a burrito” 3 of 5 bubbles

Burrito Bar - Lima
Ranked #45 of 2,439 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Fast Food, Central American, Mexican, Latin
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Cash Only, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We serve freshly made hand stretched tortillas filled with your choice of chicken, steak, pork, veggies, rice, beans, cheese, guacamole and salsas. We also have a selection of soft drinks and beers. The restaurant is 2 blocks from the main plaza (Parque Municipal) in Barranco.
Bethesda, Maryland
“Its just a burrito”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've eaten at Burrito bar 1/2 dozen times since it opened, last was Dec 2012. Its a total copy of Chipotle, the US fast food chain. you choose your food(burrito taco salad etc.) then the meat(beef chicken etc.), then the rice, the bean type etc. and they make it to order. The guacamole is decent, the margaritas are ok. they are one of few restaurants in Lima with Sierra Andina, a microbrew from Huaraz which gets big props in my book. Is it on par with Rafael, Gaston's restaurants, Lima 27, La Gloria etc. or the other top restaurants in Lima? Hell no! I think it has several issues: a. parking is a nightmare, b. its impossible to find, no signs out front, on a backwater road in Barranco near no hotels or other eateries if you haven't been there before good luck finding it. c. Its poorly lit inside-like a gloomy Andean cave and has a great view of a brick wall across the street d. The tables are small and packed together. e. stone walls, stone floors=very loud. The owner is great, but he should pack it in and move to Miraflores, San Isidro, Surco, Lince etc. I'm sure he's bringing in enough business now to afford a bigger, better venue. Anyhow, its like a Mexican food Pardos: decent fast food, decent price, good beer, but there's a lot of dining experience that could be improved.

• Visited December 2012

Lima, Peru
“BAD service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I went to Burrito Bar today. This is my fourth time going and the last two times have been bad experiences. I went the first time, when the burritos were 10 soles. Second time (around 1 month ago, this time the burritos were 14 soles) and today the burritos were 13 soles.... so who knows that is going on with the prices of things.

The service on Thursday afternoon was BAD. The owner was not in the restaurant and there were three women cooking food, they kind of just look at us and kept talking. I had to go to the bar to as for the food. It almost felt as if I was bothering their free time (since the boss was not around)

Today, I went with a group of friends. The place was full so we had to wait 15 mins to get a table. After sitting down we waited another 15 mins and no one came to take our order, when the owner finally came, he had this don't-bother-me face and took our order, the food took another 20 mins. I mean, how has is it to make a burrito? All the food is already pre-cooked.
Another thing, if the owner prefers American clients, then he should just say so. I can see there is BIG difference in the way that he serves/treats them.

The food is good, and its cheap, but it doesn't make up for the rest, seriously.
Also. I didn't get a boleta after I paid, so that means that he isn't paying SUNAT.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank fanningmiraflores
Managua, Nicaragua
“Great concept and decent food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was a little surprised that in such a small place with so few people the it took a bit of effort to get attention. Most of the folks, about ten total, seemed to be backpacker types and perhaps that is to whom they are catering. Went with a friend, both of us older than the other customers, and we both had the feeling that we might ruining the "cool" of the young place. That being said, I thought I was getting a beef burrito with a side of rice and beans but they came in the burrito. I like beef and little else in my beef burritos, you can save the filler for someone else. I do like his concept and wish him all the best. He might do well to greet all of his guests with a more welcoming tone.

• Visited July 2012
Miraflores, Lima, Peru
“Best Margaritas in Lima!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I find that all too often the margaritas in Lima are too sweet and overpriced. Not the case at Burrito Bar! They offer a wonderful fresh made margarita for only S./12. Fresh lime juice, salted rim, a decent pour of tequila, and a great price point make this margarita well worth the trip there alone. The food is also excellent. Homemade chips and salsa, as well as homemade sour cream! Haven't had a bad meal there yet!

• Visited November 2012
Lima, Peru
“Great Self service atmosphere in a garage backpackers place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Owner serves you. Great burritos, friendly atmosphere not to many places sometimes you have to wait but it is wirth while.