“Good seafood at great price”
Review of Cafe Cafe

Cafe Cafe
Ranked #34 of 105 Coffee & Tea in Lima
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: .....Have fun! Enjoy! Imagine you are on vacation every day of the year, live fully each minute... Have a great cup of Joe... Have an exotic drink, add an appetizer. Have a deep conversation, or have a completely shallow conversation. Laugh or just smile, savor a rich chocolate dessert, spoil yourself with a giant burger, or try a romantic pasta. A succulent entree or an energizing breakfast, come up with a brilliant idea, or an impulse for love. You have an amazing potential, enjoy, have the best day, live like a kid, open your heart and let the magic fill you and surprise you... Welcome to Cafe Cafe
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This little restaurant across from the Marriott in Larcomar has been a great standby for my trips to Peru for ceviche. I always order ceviche or seafood tacu tacu and both have been consistently fresh and tasty. My colleagues have ordered beef and other seafood dishes and have been pleased. Service is somewhat slow as others have mentioned, but fortunately I have not experienced these problems. I have also found several of the wait staff speak English well; however, I always have eaten there in the evening so I cannot speak to the service at other times.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The view is fantastic, the food was very good, the service was a bit slow but not terrible. I had the Lomo Saltado Sandwich, which I had not seen before and it was very tasty. The coffee drinks are also good.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I took my grandmother and her sister to Larcomar. We wanted to eat and see the view. There was a great view. Top 3 worst service ive ever recieved in my life. They have menus in english but noone there speaks a word of english, fine I just pointed to the waiter what I wanted he nodded and took my order. They brought me a different type of gnocchi(regular) in four cheeses. I let them know that was not what I ordered, I ordered the sweet potato gnocchi with shrimp. A different female waiter with curly hair comes over and several times puts her hand up to my face telling me to be quiet...the chef comes out, very rude also, after conversing he tells me he will bring me shrimp, I told him no I want the sweet potato gnocchi like I ordered, finally he agrees. The food was brought out and it was seriously delicious, but it was hard to enjoy after being treated like a child or someone who was just stupid. My grandfather owned several restaurants in New York and the customer is always right. I was treated terribly, awful experience. I still left a generous tip and never raised my voice with the horrid waitress and chef but I sure wasnt having good thoughts about them. Dont go, especially if your not a Peruvian buisnessman who speaks fluent spanish.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Located in Larcomar and with RUC 20419016242, Cafe Cafe is located in a very atractive and panoramic spot. Many pedestrians pass by this location, from where one can observe the beauty of the beach in Miraflores.
My wife and I arrived at around 1:00pm and waited to be seated. After about 6 minutes of waitng and not being acknowledged that we were there, we sat on our own at an empty table.

We waited aproximately for 21 minutes until a waitress took our order. We ordered a frozen juice and an ice cream. The order arrived within 7 minutes. Although the taste of the items was not that great, the presentation tended to be a bit fancy. Price was not the best one in comparisson with the flavor. On a table next to us, a couple of foreign tourists were complaining to the waitress on their salad order. Well, we were not the only ones having second thoughts about the flavor.
We finish our juice and ice cream around 1:45pm and asked for the bill. It took more than 45 minutes to have the bill with us and another 15 minutes to have my credit card charged and returned to me.
In the bill, it appeared an item called "servicio" (service) which is automatically added, but right down below, it also says that TIPS are not included yet. ????
It was January 1st, 2013, New Year! Unfortunately, our visit to Cafe Cafe did not leave us a good impression on our first visit. We will visit the place again in February and will write anither review.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The location is great and the food is good. We had chicken and green rice.
The service was poor. We did not get the side order of salad with our food and it took the servers a long time to take our order.