“Wonderful place but they are missing one detail (clothe napkins)”
Review of Saqra

Saqra
Ranked #27 of 2,692 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Peruvian, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Saqra, from the Quechua language meaning “little devil”, “naughty” or “mischief maker”. Saqra also refers to one of the characters found in the festival of the Madonna of Carmen in the village of Paucartambo, Cusco. Here, this happy little devil wins the heart of the Madonna with his childish pranks and mischief making as he dances around her playfully in the procession. These ideas inspired the creation of Saqra as a restaurant bar that offers modern Peruvian food where we reinterpret the Peruvian identity in a playful and contemporary key, conjuring up fun and colourful results. Saqra, in essence, is not really a place but a state of mind where this little devil plays a delightful host who wants that all his guests live a unique experience, where they meet again with their the inner child, sometimes long lost.
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I love going to this restaurant because is a great experience for all the senses.
The food is amazing, but as it doesn't use clothes napkins, most of my friends notice that and feel that napkins don't have to be an issue to talk, but as they are small paper napkins, the feeling is that they do not fit with the environment created.

jdelapiedra, Propietario at Saqra, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Hello DMGS:
Thank you for having us in Saqra. It was great to have you with us.
Your comment on the paper napkins will taken into consideration. Thanks for that.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Wonderful in every aspect- ease of organization, scrumptious dishes (great veggie choices available!) and great service
Organized a birthday dinner for a group of 15. Easy to work with with regards to every aspect of the night- from initial booking of the restaurant, to dishes coming out together, splitting the bill any way we wanted. Booking was easy and responses prompt. They suggested pre-ordering some food (and gave wonderful suggestions) in order have a smooth flow of dishes. Service was impeccable. We brought candles and they put it in the desserts and brought it out at exactly the right time.
And the food was fantastic. For veggie- try the layered eggplant dish and the ravioli. Yum!
We split the bill 13 ways and it cost 50 soles each for trying a plethora of dishes and. We did drinks separately and they made it very easy to pay individually for drinks as well.

Hello Sunny:
Thank you for choosing Saqra. It was a pleasure having you. Good to hear your party went great.
Please drop by soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I know food very well, we have eaten in restaurants all over the world, and we particularly love Peruvian food. But Saqra is simply one of the best we've ever experienced in any country, period. Everything on the menu features superb ingredients, mind-blowing flavors, exquisite presentation, and wonderful service, all within a beautifully designed, comfortable environment punctuated by witty artwork and tasteful decor. One of the best--Saqra deserves to be world-famous and we'll be back, every time we're in Lima!

Hello Jan:

Thank you for your visit. I see you had a great time with us. It was a pleasure to have you with us.
Drop by when you are in town.
Please send our best to your husband.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I spent three months living in Lima, in Miraflores, near Saqra. Saqra was suggested by my good friend Enrique, who is a connaisseur about the best restaurants in Lima.

The first time I went there I ate a great carpaccion and na anti-cucho...and it was fantastic. Great environment, young, nice people and the help are very nice and willing to make it a great experience. I had my first pisco sour also and it was great, and I happened to stay next to a couple that i did not know, but with whom I spoke all dinner, and ended up understanding they had relatives in Portugal. It is really a cosy, simple and dedicated to make you feel good environment.

During the next three months I dinned in Saqra at least three times a week and went through all menu. During this time I had the privilege to talk with some of the waiters that were very nice to know, as they had a very interesting and diferent opinion of matters, that an european.

I also met Joaquim, the owner, that has a very altruistic motivation to understand if everything is ok in all tables, asks for opinions towards the garnishes, quantity, etc...and is a gentleman and you can sense that many of the people that are customers, are also because they like that particular care and disctincion of the service.

I suggest the anticucho de lomo fino (my favourite dish), carpaccio jamon de res and as a desert, Lucuma com pisco e chocolate.
But really, all dishes are great. Also liked the Bife Angosto, the Pulpo, Lomo satlado and the chicken. The deserts all fantastic, but one in particular...it comes in six portions, but I don´t remembre the name.
All accompanied by a Malbec....fantastic

I just want to thank Joaquin and his team, and the young maître woman (always very professional and courteous) to all the care and dedication they did put into this visitor. I am glad my friend Enrique told me to go there as I felt at home.

It is a place where if you ask only for a dish and water/cola you pay 13-15€. If you want to go into entrees, wine, deserts, etc...you pay between 25€-45€.

Thanks Saqra and I will be back next time I visit Lima.

1  Thank ArturJM
jdelapiedra, Propietario at Saqra, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Hello Artur:
Thank you so much for your visits.
It was a real pleasure getting to know you. It is an honor to be considered as your second home. The idea is to make our patrons feel at home, at ease and relaxed.
You had to chance to try most of our menu.
We will be here waiting for you.
All the best. See you soon.
Joaquin

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We discovered Sagras looking for something new and casual in Miraflores. It turned out to be a great choice. Tucked away in a shopping center off of La Paz, I have passed this place a hundred times without knowing it was there. We sat on the patio; my only downer was that the place had bench type seats without backs. I like to lean back after a long day. A lot of really interesting stuff on the menu. They are very creative with their combinations. We were attracted to the seafood which is usually the case for me when trying new restaurants. I had the Octopus with and Olive Risotto. The portion was a bit small for the octopus, but never the less a wonderful dish. My companion ordered the fish chicarron with lomo sauce over mashed potatoes. While both wonderful, we both agreed that octopus was the better dish. Definitely a place I will return to visit.

Hello Intisur:
Thank you for stopping by.
We appreciate your comments.
Please ask for a chair next time you sit in the terrace. I have a bad back, and sometimes our outdoor sitting, although confortable and fun, can be slightly uncomfortable for your back.
I see you tried the octopus and black olives risotto. When you visit us again, we will gladly go over the menu with you and discuss what catches your eye.