“Great hotel with excellent restaurant.”
Review of Atton San Isidro

Atton San Isidro
Ranked #11 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Phuket, Thailand
“Great hotel with excellent restaurant.”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the first two nights of our holiday in South America. The hotel is very well run with professional staff who do all they can to make your stay enjoyable. On returning to Lima from Cusco we booked into the Atton once again prior to moving on.
The restaurant is really excellent, breakfast is well presented and plentiful with a very good selection that would suit all tastes. We ate in the hotel on the three evenings we stayed and the food was really superb. The staff in the restaurant are exceptional.
Also, I have to carry medication which has to be kept refrigerated. We had to check out of our room around midday but our flight was not until the evening. The Manager took charge of this situation himself and made sure this was safely stored until I needed it. I would like to express my thanks for his understanding. We returned to the hotel later in the day and were able to use the facilities there to shower and change ready for our evening flight. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again should we return to visit Lima.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Eileen M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
ilovespanish
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Absolutely loved it, couldn't think of anything wrong except that it was in San Isidro and so we had to take a taxi to miraflores. However.. I liked being in the quieter part of town. The hotel is impeccably clean and they had great service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ilovespanish
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel itself was very nice--modern, large and clean rooms, generous breakfast buffet, a nice bar/lounge area, and a large and well-equipped gym. However, the absolute best part of my experience was the staff. They were always very friendly, courteous, and nearly fluent in English. Rosa at the front desk was especially helpful at helping us find great restaurants close by (there were a few within easy walking distance) as well as some a little further away via taxi. All of her recommendations were excellent, and the other concierge staff were also very helpful at finding us interesting things to do/see in our downtime. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jlsmith77
Melbourne
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is clearly aimed at the business sector and is well located in the business district of Lima. No frills to the rooms, which are basic but clean and modern. The hotel looks new but appears to have built on a low budget, and is not yet complete (ie all the cladding missing from the back of the hotel). The staff were friendly and most spoke some English, which was useful given the woeful level of my Spanish. Not the place I would come if I had my family with me, but good for business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tomandben
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a little better than an average hotel but I wouldn't say it is an above-average hotel either. I'd rate it a 3.5 if I could. The hotel *is* an excellent value. The staff is incredibly friendly and professional, as are most hospitality industry people I've encountered in Lima. In general, though the Atton is a newer property, it feels half-finished.

The lobby is sleek and bright, but it is austere and there are not enough places to plug in your smartphone or laptop. The arrangement of chairs and the harsh lighting feels more like a public library, and does not invite you to linger. The hotel bar is also austere with very uncomfortable chairs. It has a serviceable, modular feel, and seems like an afterthought, as if after designing the lobby, someone decided they should set up some chairs for a bar in a far corner of the lobby. Same with the decor of the rooms. They are serviceable and inoffensive, but missing a certain polished, inviting warmth.

As for room comfort, the mattresses are too soft and are not good quality. The bed linens and towels are also of poor quality. The towels are almost threadbare. Everything is very clean, though.

The pool and whirlpool are good-looking, well-kept amenities -- we used the whirlpool one afternoon. (The temperature of the whirlpool was not warm enough, though.)

A large and varied breakfast buffet is included in the price of the room with a number of savory hot dishes (eggs, chorizo, tamalitos, etc.) as well as several varieties of cut fruit and cereal. The breakfast is in the restaurant, which is very attractive.

The San Isidro location is not bad if you want to get out on foot (there are many embassies and stately homes around, as well as the Bosque El Olivar park nearby) but you are likely find yourself in Miraflores most of the time if you are visiting Lima for pleasure as that's where most of the restaurants, cafes and the beaches are.

I'm not sure if I would stay here again, but I have to admit, when I received my bill at the end of the stay, I was pleasantly surprised by how reasonably priced this hotel is. So, if money is an issue, and you think you can make do without standard-level hotel linens and mattresses, and are okay with a slightly out-of-the-way location, then stay at the Atton. If a lively hotel lobby with a dedicated bar in a location where you can walk to the top restaurants is necessary, consider spending more money to stay at the Hilton. But do not necessarily stay at the Atton expecting Hilton, Westin or Marriott level room-quality at a lesser price tag. This is a case of you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing away from Jorge Basadre, as you will hear some street noise otherwise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank aschie30
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was my first try at the Atton Lima and after attempting lunch at the Swiss hotel around the corner where I usually stay I was very happy I made this choice (the Swiss is subject to Extensive outside construction- I would not recommend it). The Atton presents itself as a standard business hotel with all the basic business hotel amenities, what it lacks in charm and character it makes up for in efficiency. I would not recommend it if you are looking for atmosphere, charm and luxury. The hotel could do with an upgrade of its breakfast and bedding (provide proper down quilts)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank EKnive
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Commute throughout Lima may be tricky, and San Isidro area is kind of close to every major avenue that cross the city. You may lack the by the sea atmosphere from Miraflores, but it may be a time saving choice.

There are plenty of interesting choices around for dinning, what is extremely convenient.

Atton is an impeccable international class business hotel, with the expected amenities: spacious room, a nice desk to work, comfortable bed and great shower.
Service is always ready and courteous, helping you make the most of your experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business