“Great modern hotel, well located for business”

The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 236 Hotels in Lima
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for a conference. I usually stay at the Marriott, but this is my new favorite in Lima. The Marriott is in a more attractive location -- seaside, near an interesting shopping center -- but the Westin is very close to the central business district. Functional internet speed. Nice spa and work-out area. Very modern rooms.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

All of us here at the hotel appreciate your recommendation and comments to the TA community. Please come back soon. Paul

Write a ReviewReviews (2,302)

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Amazing rooms and bathroom with dresded room includefd. Confortable bed. The bathroom is clean, big and you have sll you need. Free WiFi in all the hotel and meetinfg rooms. In your room cost around 15 USD per 24 hrs. Service is outstanding. Located in San Isidro a nice place to walk around.

• Stayed: March 2013

The team and I appreciate your comments and recommendation. Thank you. Paul

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was disappointed with my stay because it really was better when I stayed in 2012.
They tried to be helpfull but instead rang a lot on the phone to ask if everything was ok. i dont need follow up calls, thank you very much, i need to rest.
I couldnt take a bubble bath because when the faucet was turned on, it fell and water started coming like a fountain. The shower pressure was very good though.
The power was off in all Lima, but they told us that there was a backup generator so all electrical devices including a/c, light, power sources should work, it was never on. We had to go down 22 floors with our bags on the emergency staircase (which was very small) had 2 light bulbs and all of them had only 1 working, except for some floors that were completely out! some (like 3 floors) had both light buls on.
Also, the pillow case was shredding.

Room Tip: all rooms have great view! the higher the better!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you incurred due to the power outage caused by our external supplier which caused as well some of the stairwell issues. I will address the bedding with our housekeeping department. We appreciate your coming back to stay with us and hopefully, we will do better next time. Paul

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Westin in Lima is absolutely gorgeous! It is in a very nice and safe area with plenty of near by attractions. The concerge staff was very helpful in helping us plan our dinners and to find our way around. Inside are many dining and bar options, all of them equally beautiful and unique.We especially enjoyed waking up and going down to Market 770 for a wonderful breakfast. Not to mention Christian who works there was so sweet. Everything about the hotel is exceptional. Yes a bit pricy in areas but worth every penny.

A special thanks to Jefferson (bellman) who was always smiling and so helpful and also to Carlos who works out front. He is amazing at his job and would always gives us the best tips and recommendations for places around the city! He is so genuine and enthusiastic. It was a true pleasure to see him everyday. The whole staff is very lovely.

Enjoy your stay! I hope to go back!

Also if you do go to Lima you must take a couple of days and go to Cusco...it is breath taking and is a true example of what Peru is really about. A quick flight from Lima and you'll be so happy you did both. In Lima eat your heart out at the wonderful restaurants and make time to explore its Centro area as well as the more exciting neighborhoods.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amanda A
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for your kind and excellent review. I also appreciate you pointing out certain associates whom performed exceptionally interacting with you. I will for sure let them know. Paul

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am Peruvian and I live in Lima, but decided to spend a long mother & daughter relaxed weekend in the Westin and I have to say I am in love with this hotel ! I agree the view of a highway is not the most appealing but I didn´t find it a problem, on the contrary I was looking at the city, the traffic, I found it very amusing and fascinating, obviously because I was not driving.

We got a room in floor 29 in the Executive Level....the beds were really wonderful, great bed sheets, lovely bathroom...room very nicely decorated.

We went to the spa every day for 2 or 3 treatments daily and we really enjoyed it. Agripina´s hands were heavenly and we ended the day totally relaxed and ready to go back to the nice beds.

The breakfast was great...Maras restaurant is outstanding.

In general, a great hotel which is focused for business people but also for people looking for a moment of relax in the wonderful spa. Lots of shops around.

I am looking forward to have another lovely time out .... 100% recommend it.

Room Tip: Get the highest floors and if possible, the Executive level....the lounge is great with extraordinar...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your heavenly evaluation as the team and I appreciate it very much. Paul

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel wonderful rooms customer centric staff and offers perfect bang for your bucks
Highly recommended a short drive from Mira Flores
Is located in the sanisidro neighbour hood which offers an array of some great eating joints and some good night life

• Stayed: December 2012

The team and appreciate the excellent review. See you soon back here in Lima. Paul

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Most impressive was the customer service! I was really sick and tired after my long hike and was unable to get money out and the rep took care of me and got me on an international call immediately to my bank! also, the food is excellent and the rooms are SO comfortable! GREAT value also and I'm VERY picky about this! Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank aheist911

On behalf of the team and I, many thanks for an excellent review. Paul