“Elegant, clean, great service - very crowded with conference participants”

The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 234 Hotels in Lima
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel upon our arrival in Lima, having flown over night. We arrived at 6:30am and it took about five hours for rooms to become available because the hotel was fully booked with a large conference. It's good to remember that the only way to guarantee early check-in is to pay for the night before. The rooms themselves were very comfortable and the restaurant food and service were excellent.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Clairedog
WestinLimaGM, General Manager at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thanks for the great review and sorry we werent able to check you in earlier. Paul

Write a ReviewReviews (2,238)

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a well-staffed, friendly hotel, pretty standard stuff for Westin. Great rooms. Beg for a corner room up high, as the view is spectacular. If you're in Lima for business--especially in the financial arena, it's an excellent location. If not, .... maybe not so great. Still, it's a really nice hotel.

Room Tip: High floor, corner room if possible.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tvl4evr

The team and I appreciate your positive comments to the TA community. May I suggest you use our free hotel shuttle to Miraflores on your next visit if you wish to visit the more touristy area of Lima? Paul

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The new Lima Westin is the best hotel in Lima. A great hotel all around, good restaurants, great staff and fantastic rooms! In addition to all of this, an incredible breakfast and a cool fitness room. For business or tourism, this is the place to be in Lima.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

We always appreciate reviews from top contributors to TA. The team and I appreciate the title and comments written. Paul

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at the Westin Lima during our wedding weekend. The hotel is very modern and well-kept. Our room was incredible, very spacious, comfortable bed, great bathroom. Service was great, from front desk to concierge and services in the spa and breakfast.
They also treated us very well as SPG members.
I can't remember a single negative point from this hotel, recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for your comments and sharing them with the TA community. The team and I look forward to your next visit with us. Paul

Reviewed November 24, 2012

One of the most beautiful hotels we have ever stayed in. Modern and gorgeous. When you walk, it smells like a Westin - I don't know what they put in the air, but Westins always smell great, and they always smell like a Westin.

My husband managed to get us a suite; it was huge and absolutely beautiful. The suite was on a corner, with huge windows on two sides of the bedroom, that gave great views of Lima, especially at night with all the lights of the city. Yes, it was expensive, but it was so beautiful, it was absolutely worth it.

Room Tip: Consider upgrading to a suite for the amazing views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AZViajera

All of us here at the hotel appreciate you sharing your comments about your experience here at the hotel on TA. Paul

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed at the Westin Lima for one night on November 15 at the very end of my trip in Peru. The hotel is simply gorgeous: the room are spacious, extra clean and modern. The bathroom is bigger than some of the hotel rooms I've stayed during my trip and the shower is divine. The staff is super friendly. The restaurant has nice food.

However, having traveled in Peru at boutique hotels and independant hotels you get used to having free wireless and free airport pick-up transportation. This is not the case at the Westin. The transportation service that pick you up from the airtport is 50$US + taxes! This is completely ridiculous: I was able to book at taxi at the airport for 40 Nuevo Sol (so less than 15$US) and asked the same taxi driver to pick-me up the next day at the hotel to go to the airport for the same price. This way, I was able to save more than 70$US then and took this money to buy a nice baby alpaca scarf. I am a 32-years old woman who is able to speak and understand spanish and I was not afraid of taking a taxi all by myself.
The internet is also around 15$US :at this time and age I find ridiculous to have to pay this amount for internet, especially when there is a Starbucks at less than a 90 seconds walk from the hotel offering free internet.

Basically, yes the hotel is amazing. I agree with everyone else. However, this is a business hotel designed for business people traveling to Lima (maily North Americans like myself). I often traveled for business and I do not look to much at the expenses. However, when you are traveling on your own, you tend to be more cafeful about those kind of spending. However, I very much enjoyed my stayed and since I am Starwood Gold member and preferred guest, I was able to get the room with a nice rebate.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. The team and I appreciate it. I am glad to hear that all went well with your airport transfers as we have had other guests whom werent so lucky and were assaulted. It is importnat to take safe and secure reliable transportation while in Lima. As for the wireless internet, all Westins worldwide charge at the currnet time as it is a brand standard to do so even though perhaps some competitors offer it complimentary. Best regards. Paul

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed 3 times during our leisure trip to Easter Island and Machu Picchu in Nov. Love the hotel. From friendly welcome at the desk, to great Pisco-Sour at Insitu bar. Not to mention the amazing rooms, we had the deluxe room twice and one of the corner room at the last stay. Really great bathroom and good bed. It almost has a Park Hyatt feeling to it (other than the Heavenly bed)! We know the location is not very touristy, but only about 12 soles cab ride away to downtown. The spa has a lot of great water treatments and you can simply book the minispa to enjoy!

Room Tip: Love the corner rooms!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your comments and headline!
All the best.