“Best Westin Ever”

GreenLeadersSilver level
O
“Best Westin Ever”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Following a terrible experience from another Westin in another country the night before, after landing in Lima and arriving here it was a blast. This hotel is amazing, refined to the last detail, the staff is great, friendly and always kind. Reception staff is really kind and informative, rooms are incredible, I've been in a Grand Deluxe, same as the other rooms, just had a different view on the city and everything was literally perfect. The room has been cleaned every day in a meticulous way (and I mean it), the internal design was excellent, internet connection was fast&furious and also the room service was above the standards. There are three bars, one is opened only on Fridays and Saturdays. The sushi they make is extremely good, the bar to the left of the reception makes an incredible Pisco sour and the upper level bar is great too, sushi there is even better. Gym is big enough, the equipment is new and there's nothing missing. The pool is amazing, especially at night is such a magic view with blue lights filling the water and the warmly colored furniture. I've been only at the floor level restaurant, it's a bit expensive (or really expensive if you compare it to the local standards) but the food quality is great and all the staff is efficient and once again, really really kind. Definitely worth it, great location, everybody is helpful and the design is a must. Very well done Westin!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Wow, the best Westin ever! The team and I are quite flattered with your comment. It´s our pleasure to serve you and all our guests. Please come back soon. Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lebanon, New Jersey
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Lima is not the most charming or friendly of cities but the Westin represents a friendly, efficient oasis within easy range of the airport and other destinations.
All requirements are efficiently arranged from transfers, taxi rides to meals.
All in all a good stop off spot for Lima.

• Stayed July 2012
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
We appreciate your comment especially coming from an expert critic like yourself. The team and I value it very much and look forward to your next visit with us.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I backpacked to Lima recently, and chose to stay at this hotel because it was an SPG property. As this was a category 5 SPG hotel, I had pretty high expectations, and this hotel did not disappoint!

They upgraded me to the executive suite, and accommodated my request to check out at 10PM using the platinum benefits with zero hassle. The hotel is tastefully decorated; the lobby area is luxurious with a large lounge area to relax in. The suite had a great view of the city with floor-to-ceiling windows and a bright decor. The toiletry they gave came in nice boxes and the toothbrushes are actually of good quality (Gillette branded, as opposed to those cheap white plastic ones that I'm used to in the US). The pool area is beautifully set up, with hard wood floors so guests don't slip and eight marble-walled shower stalls. The executive lounge had a large variety of breakfast and dinner options, with a decent selection of hot food available (compared to the fruits and pastries I have come to expect from American SPG properties).

The best part of my experience though was the service. The concierge staff, in particular Yesenia and Gianfranco have made not only my stay at the hotel, but my visit to Lima, so much better:

The first day we were in Lima, my friend was injured in a bad neighborhood. We rushed back to the hotel as we it was a Sunday and we didn't speak good Spanish so we didn't really know what to do. As soon as we got back, the concierge staff immediately helped us sort out the situation. They arranged the infirmary on the second floor for my friend to get his wound cleaned. They got a doctor to come to the hotel to consult my friend on what he should do. When my friend wanted to go to the hospital to get checked, Yesenia from the concierge came with us to help translate and do all the paperwork. She waited with us the entire evening, and arranged for a hotel car to pick us up after the check up was over. She even helped us chase the hospital a week later (well after we left the hotel) to get the test results, and personally called us to make sure we got the results.

The second time I stayed at the hotel, which was about five days after the initial stay, I had my passport stolen while at the bus station a few blocks away. Again, not speaking any Spanish and not sure what to do, I turned to the concierge staff to help me out. They shared my sense of urgency, and called the police, the bus company and even the embassy on my behalf to figure out what I need to do. When it was clear that I need to go to the police station to file a report, and a bank to pay for the reporting fee, they sent three people to help me: Gianfranco, who helped me translate, a driver and a security guard whose names I can't recall. Because of this, I was able to get the police report within a short period of time.

Again, I have never had this level of attentive service in any other hotel I stayed at, and I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for all international travelers going to Lima, especially if it's your first time in the country.

Room Tip: The executive suite is amazing. The executive king is pretty great too.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for writing an opinion on your recent stay here and calling out certain staff members for their excellent work. You can be assured that they will be recognized internally for their actions. Please come back soon as it was a pleasure having you here.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel is probably the best one I have ever stayed. To not say it's perfect, the wifi connection could be a little faster. All rest is impressive! Really great: rooms, bathrooms, bed, swimming pool, location, etc.

• Stayed July 2012
WestinLimaGM, General Manager at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thanks so much for the great headline and comments. The team and really appreciate it. We look forward to your next stay soon. All the best. Paul
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed at the Westin Lima and I was not disappointed - the hotel facilities and the environment it’s tasteful and luxurious, everything it´s perfection from the lobby to the rooms and other hotel facilities such as the Gym or the Spa. If you have some free time, you should definitely visit the Spa, it’s amazing, one of the best I ever been to - the water circuit it’s a must!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
WestinLimaGM, General Manager at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thanks for the great headline and review. I am sorry for responding tardy. Please come back soon. Paul
Dorset, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel is beautifully and thoughtfully furnished and decorated to ensure absolute comfort. We enjoyed an executive room which was wonderful, spacious and comfortable, and the bathroom was superb. The staff at the hotel were all extremely helpful and attentive and I wouldn't hesitate in booking here again or recommending it. The dinner and breakfast in Market 770 were outstanding.

Room Tip: This hotel is located in the business district so not a lot around the hotel for a relaxing stroll b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
I agree with your headline! Thanks for the great review as the team and I really appreciate it. Please come back again soon. Paul
Titusville, FLorida
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed for just one night on our way to an Amazon cruise and absolutely loved the hotel! We were on the 28th floor and were in a superior room which had an almost 360 view of the city thru the corner room with all of the windows-fabulous first impression of Lima! The breakfast buffet the next morning was also superb and I wish I had had time to vist there 6 stores. Staff was always accomodating and nice also!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room up high
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thanks a million for your kind words. The team strives to achieve that are guests check out happy. Please come back again soon. Paul