“The Westin Lima Hotel - a 5 star hotel”

The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 229 Hotels in Lima
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed at the Westin Lima Hotel two different times during our trip to Peru. We were blown away the first night we arrived at this modern hotel. The lobby is beautiful and comfortable - we found the staff to be helpful and friendly. We were pleasantly surprised that they all spoke excellent English. We were thrilled and grateful that Maras (the hotel restaurant) was open until midnight. The food was absolutely delicious and the service staff was attentive. Our room was spacious, clean, beautifully decorated and the bed was extremely comfortable. Floor to ceiling windows gave us an incredible view of Lima The bathrooms were well appointed and high end materials were used throughout. I especially enjoyed the rain shower head. Internet is available for free in the lobby and bar area. When we needed to print our boarding passes we used the business center which has multiple super fast computers - again free. The staff in the business center were also friendly and helpful. We stayed again at the Westin Lima for the last night of our vacation and it felt like we were coming home. We couldn't wait to have drinks in the lobby and another excellent dinner at Maras! We give this hotel and it's staff our highest recommendation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

Thank you for your detailed comments. The team and I appreciate them and for you sharing them with the users of TripAdvisor. All the best and please come back soon.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I've stayed here a few times over the last year, most recently last week, and it's always a great experience. The hotel and rooms are beautiful, comfortable and clean, and the service is very helpful and friendly. Staff speak great English and are also helpful to guests wanting to practice espanol!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank lialia4

Thank you so much for your positive comments on the hotel. The team works hard to assure that our guests are well served. All the best and come back soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have stayed at several properties in Lima: The Casa Andina Private Collection (nice property);Country Club (overated in my opinion) and the Marriott (OK place); but the Westin is without doubt my favorite hotel in Lima. It is not just another business hotel. Despite its modern and sleek look (which is something I personally like) it boast excellent service and has a very own charm.
The rooms are bright and have all the amenities you expect from a 5 star property, but the real stunner is the bathroom with separate shower and bathtub, double sinks, marble finish and floor to ceiling windows.
Another highlight is the spa and swimming pool area. Great indoor pool with comfortable chairs and nice natural light. Perfect for relaxation after a long day in bustling Lima.
Last but not least I would like to mention the excellent inhouse restaurant Maras. In general I do not eat in the hotel giving preferrence to experiencing the culinary scene of the city, but this restaurant is an exception. The food and service deserve praise and I would not hesitate to list it as one of my favorite restaurants in Lima.My special compliments to the SommelierAngelo Cortez and the Manager Mr. Monteverde, who took excellent care of me during my two visits.
All in all congratulations Westin staff and GM Paul Ingebretsen!

Room Tip: High floor with view to the sea ( Lima is very foggy but sometimes you can have a great view)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelEpicurist
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you so very much for your positive review which you shared with TA . The team and I are quite satisfied of what we achieved in our first year of operation. We are proud to hear from guests like yourself. Please come back soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

This was the first time I've heard business people who travel around the world agree that this was the best Westin!
I contacted the hotel prior to my stay regarding airport transfers and they booked it for me with the transit company and sent me directions on how to find them. Arriving in Lima and waiting 1 1/2 hours at immigration, it was after midnight when i found the car service and near 1am when i arrived at the hotel - i think i was the last guest as i approached the front desk they called me by name.
I am SPG gold and reserved with points & cash - my room was located on the SPG preferred floor and the bellman escorted me to the room and despite it being after 1am, explained all of the features to me which was helpful before i crashed into the heavenly bed. My room was floor to ceiling windows -some might say corner room but the new building is rounded so my room was slightly curved with a view of the highways which gave me some insight into the crazy traffic and at night was interesting to look at. The room was huge as was the bathroom. The wi-fi signal in the room was strong throughout my stay -there is free wi-fi in the lobby that was good too.

I was greeted with a fruit tray (another delivered the next day) as well as complimentary water each day and fresh flowers in the bathroom (a great feature for me).

I am a huge fan of Westins and this being a new build, i liked the common spaces and the overall feeling of the hotel.

It is not in the Miraflores area and while there is a Starbucks, a few cafes and shopping in the area, you do need a cab/car (or the daily shuttle) to go there. I didn't mind this, the cars are out front and available 24/7 and approx $11-15 each way (you could go to the street and bargain any driver for $5-8 but i don't speak spanish and the taxis are iffy as you negotiate a rate before you get in - basically if you have a car you can be a taxi driver (a bit scary).

I really didn't want to leave the room as it was so comfortable and at the end of my travels i just wanted to rest, however, i did leave to explore the city with a bike tour and cooking class (arranged on my own prior to arrival and not offered by concierge team although should be).

The room service was quick, the portions large and the prices reasonable.
The breakfast buffet was fantastic - I'm a huge fan of fresh chocolate croissants and having desserts at breakfast - I was not disappointed. There is a good selection as well as options for hot platters - i opted for a mix - the service was super attentive, the waiters remembered me by name and are constantly suggesting you try this or that and ensuring that you are happy. They were clearing plates when you finished so you could go back for more and also filling water and juice glasses.

The concierge team was fantastic before my stay and during my stay - they booked tours for me (there is only one tour company sadly), and were able to request special services on a tour for which i was coming back to the hotel tbefore going to the airport. i requested restaurant information and it was both emailed to me with links as well as a paper copy left in my room when i returned. I requested a reservation and they were not able to secure it last minute for one person so they made two other backup reservations for me to decide (sadly, i didn't feel well after a tour and did room service instead). They went out of their way to help and are right as you enter the lobby - there are two desks that are staffed.

The only confusion that i had was my transit to the airport - i thought i booked a time and someone would come get me in the lobby but here i had a receipt and only needed to go outside to the taxi/car line. This was a communication issue with me, concierge and front desk.

while it is a big hotel with convention/business people i never felt that it was crowded. the lobby bar is lively. i exchanged dollars at the front desk easily and liked that all taxis could be charged to the room as it made everything easy.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again and do recommend it to my business travelers. you can't go wrong here but you may not want to leave either.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank philatravelgirl_11
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

The team and I are sorry you had to check out and go home. We thank you for such a nice review and for taking the time to share your experience with other TA users. Please come back to your home away from home soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Beautiful new hotel in San Isidro area of Lima. As other reviewers have noted, it is in the business district (not in Miraflores and on the water such as the Marriott). That being said, it is perfect fo business travelers. Very nice amenities in the room and one of the most comfortable hotel beds. I have stayed in many Westin hotels (in the Heavenly beds), but this one was better than all. Room was large, clean and nicely decorated. Two free water bottles, which is a nice touch. Room service (breakfast and lunch) was always on time, accurate and very good. Service throughout the hotel was very good with friendly staff. Recommend the onsite restaurant, Mara, which is owned by a well known local chef. Very inventive food (but not too crazy) and was delicious. Great atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for your comments. The team and I appreciate them. I am glad you liked Maras, one of Lima´s nicest retaurants with our very talented chef, Rafael Piqueras on board. Please come back real soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I am SPG gold stayed in many Westins through out the world. This is the best Westin. Great location, excellent service, clean, new and spacious. Also the tallest building in Peru. Highly recommend it.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

That is such a nice statement! All I can say on behalf of my team is thanks. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I arrived in Lima around midnight and finally made my way to the Westin. The hotel was much more than I expected. It has a beautiful, soaring lobby, amazing spa (hard to describe - you've got to see it) and welcoming staff. I was upgraded to a suite with a big, spacious bathroom (shower, big tub and double sinks) and expansive bedroom. Floor to ceiling windows although the view looked out over some construction sites. I'm not sure just what there is to see in the neighborhood. When I checked with the concierge about where to go, everything is a cab ride away and neighborhoods can be iffy especially after dark. There is a bar just off the lobby with a pretty good menu plus you can sit in the lobby and have drinks and order from the same menu. They offer a breakfast buffet which was very good. The staff was very helpful, friendly and professional. My stay at the Westin was very brief -- I wish I had more time to enjoy it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

We thank you for your comments. Please stay longer next time. All the best.