“Food is good, can I sit somewhere else?”
Review of Mesa 18 Restaurante by Toshiro - CLOSED

Mesa 18 Restaurante by Toshiro
Cuisines: Japanese, Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enjoy a unique culinary experience featuring a menu that is a step above the rest. Framed by a beautiful garden with impeccable style and design, Mesa 18 is the place to see and be seen in Lima.Located in the cosmopolitan district of Miraflores, Mesa 18 delivers an unforgettable experience in vanguard cuisine.
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Perhaps we were travel-weary, but the decor, in trying to be sleek, came off cold. Food was of excellent quality sushi and other dishes beautifully presented. I wanted more brightness, the atmosphere seemed dark and it the first thing I think of when I remember it. Maybe I would have enjoyed it better as the hotel's room service. It is CLEAN, mind. The service was appropriate, and a mix of ages in the clientele. For a restaurant with the chef's photo all over the ad work, I expected to either see him or see/reference of him.

There are newer reviews for Mesa 18 Restaurante by Toshiro

Reviewed March 22, 2013

upon arrival to Peru our room was not ready so the obvious thing to do sit down in the restaurant thats connected to our beautiful Miraflores Park Hotel. Mesa 18 has an interesting menu, 2 actually, one is Peruvian food....the other Japanese food....and yet another a bar/wine menu. The countries official drink seemed like a good way to begin this part of our adventure. WOW not are they only good...but more than one can cause many giggles to emerge. Food I had scallops with cheese on them delicious wish i took a camera snap for the presentation was wonderful as well. Of course bottled water was expensive but much needed after the yummy pisco's! Try it nice atmosphere friendly staff wish I had time to try the other side of the menu but....lots to see in LIMA PERU!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I came here as a treat and on a Sunday evening, when many restaurants are shut in Lima. We were very glad we did come, as we enjoyed every minute of our meal here. Even though I am not a fan of fish, let alone sushi, we both opted for the Japanese tasting menu, as this seemed to represent very good value (98 soles for five courses plus amuse bouche of octopus). We both loved every course, and were left feeling very full (but luckily still had room for the petit fours brought out at the end as a surpirse!). Very generous sized portions - the highlights for us being the scallops in lime with toasted roe eggs, as well as the tuna and salmon sashimi. Our waiter, Cristian, provided excellent service in very good Emglish, taking time to explain each course. My only gripe was accepting the bottle of water which the lady who took us to our table suggested we have - 29 soles is an awfully large amount for a 750 ml bottle (even if it was Evian!) and we had not seen the menu at that point so had no idea how overpriced it was. Finally, as a lot of people have noted, the decor is very tasteful, and added to the whole experience. The water aside, we thought our meal (which had service included) represented good value, and we would happily recommend it. It would be good to come back and try the Peruvian menu, which sounded equally delicious.

oeperu, Director General at Mesa 18 Restaurante by Toshiro, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We are glad you enjoyed the food, service and ambiance.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Kind regards,

Karen Carrillo
Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

It was a nice experience and a great service.
The food was very well done.
For dinner the environment was very nice and they took care of all the details.
The price is quite expensive but it is very very good.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had a great lunch, ceviche and roast lamb, in this great restaurant next to the miraflores park hotel. Service was outstanding-the waiters speak fluent English. Prices were reasonable, and the food, delicious.