Open Guest House
$174
$149
$71
Agoda.com
Hotel Casa Cielo(Lima)(Great Value!)
$77
$65
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed 1 night only, but would really recommend. We stayed in some budget place before and you could say the difference. Marco is very helpful (arranged airport pick up, advised on the best Penas in town, helped with other quires). The room was very clean, flat TV with a lot of programs, nice and clean bathroom. Breakfast - in side or out on the patio served by very friendly staff.
The location of Open Guest House is very good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Open Guest House and enjoyed it very much. Marco does a great job to make you feel welcome and comfortable. The breakfast is excellent. Marco picks a great selection of fresh, seasonal fruit that complements the rest of the meal. The music that he plays is always appropriate for the time of the day!

Room Tip: They are all good rooms
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Marco isn't just a business owner...he is a new friend! He took me out on the town and showed me the sights and I had a heavenly time. I was able to extend my stay by an entire week due to the reasonable rates. Everyone was able to speak English and SO helpful!
I will go back to Lima knowing I have a great place to stay in a great location with great staff!
Kudos!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank DaveandBooster
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I've been a long time user of trip advisor but never a contributor until now. Having travelled to 30+ countries and stayed at countless hotels and hostels ranging from 2 stars to 5 stars, I have nothing but high praise for Marco and his guest house. As soon as I walked in, he was friendly, helpful (helped me book a plane ticket to Cuzco, priced comparable to a 22-hour bus ride ticket), and created a family-like environment for diverse travelers. The other guests, staff and I cooked and drank together for a couple nights -- one of the most memorable experiences I had backpacking through SA. The breakfast is simple and delicious. Marco has excellent aesthetics, so everything not only functioned well but he also made it look good. He has a wicked sense of humor -- subtle and dry. Enjoy Miraflores, Lima at Open Guest House!

Room Tip: I always use earplugs for a good night sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Wander L
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I highly recommend the Lima Open Guest House! This hotel offers clean, basic accommodation a short walk from the centre of Miraflores but more importantly exceptionally helpful and friendly service.

On 13th October at 3:30am I stood in a deserted Lima International Airport with my recently recovered luggage, no Spanish and my careful travelling arrangements in tatters. Would it be appropriate to call the hotel I had booked for 7pm the previous evening? The call was made and I was very warmly welcomed despite waking the host Marco. My attempts to apologise were met with calm reassurances and friendliness all in excellent English!

One month later and safely home I am left with immense gratitude for the kind and generous welcome I received in Lima in the middle of the night. For me, the healthy breakfast, hot showers and handy hints on navigating Lima were a welcome bonus. I cannot recommend Marco and the Open Guest House highly enough!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo