“wonderful stay, felt like family”

Imperial Inn Hostal
Ranked #61 of 314 Lima B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 21, 2012

it was great a stay. Rosie and Eva are managing a great little hostal in Miraflores. We stayed there 6 nights in total on two different occasions and it really felt more like family stay. Rosie and Eva almost do not speak English and we almost did not speak Spanish, but nonetheless it was very easy to communicate.

the location is in Miraflores, 10min walk to Park Kennedy and all the action. you can also reach Park de Amor in less than 5min walking. there is a small shop 2min up the street, small ice-cream shop 2min down the street, big, not too expensive and very well supplied supermarket is around 10min walk up the street. the closes restaurants are around 7min walking.

we had 2 different rooms. both had flat screen tvs and were exceptionally clean. the room on the 3rd flour was very nice, away from the noise, but some may complain that there is no lift. the breakfast choice was very standard: breadroll, jam, orange juice and tea. there are two computers downstairs also for guest's use. the hotel is safe as the main gate is normally closed.

Room Tip: do not go to or from the airport by taxi to reach this hotel, especially during the day. just walk 5...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank sirmiff
There are newer reviews for Imperial Inn Hostal

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night before flying home.

The room was quite basic, it had everything we needed but with no frills such as bed side lamps or drinking glasses. It was also clean and comfortable.

We had a room at the front of the hotel so if we wanted to open the window it was noisy because of the traffic. This would be the same of any hotel in Miraflores however.

As most people have said in the reviews, the breakfast is basic but adequate given the price.

The staff were helpful. They stored our bags and booked a taxi back to the airport.

The only thing that made me feel a bit uncomfortable was that the main entrance gate was padlocked in the evening and over night. There was always someone available to let guests in and out but I didn't feel this was safe if guest had to exit quickly in case of a fire.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Squeaky35
Reviewed April 15, 2012

so cheap it his hard to complain. an adequate sleep, though the rooms could use a good cleaning. lugging our bags to the third floor was tough and i was grateful for our wonderful driver Martin who picked us up from the airport and carried my bags up the stairs!! By the time we left Lima at the end of our trip, he had become a good friend. He took us all the way to Caral and back for a very honest and reasonable rate and our belongings were all safe in his care while we shot footage for our documentary about our novel One Great Year.
The best part about this Hotel was meeting Martin Hinojosa, If you need a driver in Lima he is a good honest family man, who speaks English, Spanish and Japanese. cel 9972-91161

Room Tip: it is loud on the first floor with breakfast noise and the front gate buzzer, but the room is just l...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank OneGreatYear
Reviewed October 27, 2011

This is a basic, clean, hostal in Miraflores. Close enough to walk to Parque de los Amores and Lacomar shopping center. The rooms are small but clean and the staff is friendly. They can put a safe in your room and they will hold your luggage past check out time for no charge if your flight leaves past check out time. There was Wifi and a small computer room you can use as well. Breakfast consists of juice, coffe and toast or pastries. For the price and location it works well. It is a 3 floor building with 15 rooms. If you need an elevator and or going up stairs is a problem you will want something else.

Yes, there are better places in Miraflores but your price will go up considerably. For basic needs this will work.

See our video of the place at youtube under the name Jack51971

Room Tip: Matrimonial room for couples.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jack S
Reviewed March 31, 2011

This clean, affordable hotel is located just a few steps away from the Pacific Ocean and Parque del Amor. It's in a quiet neighborhood, so you can get a good night's sleep. Yet it is within walking distance to all the great restaurants and places to hang out in Miraflores (around Parque Kennedy, Larco Mar, etc.). You can't beat the location and price!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I decided to extend a business trip in Lima for few days to visit the city and I was recommended this family run hotel in Miraflores.
It was a very good choice. The hotel is very well located and close to the main touristic attractions and the owners are doing a fantastic job. Everything in this hotel was perfect from the nicely renovated rooms, to the impeccable customer service.
I will recommend to all and I will come back very soon at my next trip to Lima.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Recently I was fortunated enough to visit Peru on vacation from Memphis, Tennessee. The trip was sudden and I did not have much time to schedule accomodations in advance. I took a chance that I would find something when I arrive. I was told by my colleague to make sure I visit Miraflores (which means "look at the flowers"). What a beautiful place it was. I stumbled across a small boutique hotel that must be one of the best kept secrets in Lima, Peru. It was just perfect and the price was much lower than other hotels in the area. The location could not have been better. I was able to walk to a very unique shopping area built on a cliff overlooking the ocean. After I exhausted myself shopping and enjoying the beautiful views, I could always anticipate a delicious meal in a nearby restaurant. It was nice to wrap up my day by returning to my quiet and cozy room at the Imperial Inn. This was just the vacation I needed and I cannot wait to return to one of my favorite vacation destinations, the Imperial inn.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business