“Very good casual, quiet patio dining”

Mama Olla Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 2,798 Restaurants in Lima
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Miraflores
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The location on Tarata without the traffic noise lends itself to conversation. The service is quite good, and the food is tasty. My son had the Aji de Gallina which he said was not quite as good as the one at Tanta or Brujas, but for the price it was a better value. I would go back!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Food was very good. Our server Marco was very helpful. Yummy pisco sour classic! Fun outdoor seating with market umbrellas and flames rising from the outdoor heaters.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Small, very cozy restaurant “behind the corner” from main Larco street. Quiet, laid back ambient, good food (they have a choice of everything: red meat/chicken/soups or fish plates), fast service and glass of vine at a very reasonable price (9 soles! :). Would definitely come back.

1  Thank iliveinmexico
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My short term rental apartment is only two steps away from the restaurant. It is part of the hostel around the corner I believe. It has a small patio and free wifi. It is a full fledge restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and drinks...etc. The breakfast is cheaper than Cafe Haiti. The staffs - at least Angel, the one we have was amusing friendly and helpful. I can only review drinks in there, as I had breakfast in my apartment and went down for a juice and coffee. The place is small. The menu shown it serves a variety of Peruvian dishes, some American ...Italian, a bunch of stuffs. My papaya juices was freshly squeezed for 6.90 NS - less than $3. Angel was so helpful and light up the heater for me, fuss over internet connection, gave tourist information, so even though I hardly spent anything, he made me feel very welcome. A great place to chill out to read a paper, sort out where you want to go or eat. This place close at mid-night, so if you want a bite to eat at night and is late, it is still open.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

On one of our first days in Lima we took a stroll and came across Mama Olla. Emilio welcomed us with his friendly smile and sat us on their terrace under the heater. I had the best stake I have ever eaten, and I've had a few! Cooked to perfection. My friend had the Ceviche, Peru's national dish (along side Guinea pig), it was perfect! Of course the meal wouldn't have been complete without a couple of rounds of Pisco Sours. I would strongly suggest visiting!