“YOU MUST EAT HERE!!”
Review of Songoro Cosongo

Songoro Cosongo
Ranked #530 of 2,556 Restaurants in Lima
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A traditional family house in the monumental district of Barranco, shares the taste of the local food made by Afroperuvian women who had always cook for the family.
sussex
“YOU MUST EAT HERE!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Absolutely a must if you are in Lima. Fantastic owner, makes you so welcome and full of information which is so useful. Food was the best we have had in South America and cleared the plates clean, would not have known we had eaten of them. Pricing excellent. Decor and building fascinating. JUST GO YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

• Visited October 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food made authentically”
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

This is a fun restaurant with great Peruvian fare and very reasonal prices. All the food is homage and delicious. This is a family owned restaurant that goes back 3 generations. The owner is a friendly old man who will gladly tell you of the history of his restaurant and the significance of its special name.

Houston
“Friendly family style - good value”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is where we had our first pisco sours in Peru. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This seems to be a local family/neighborhood restaurant. Our food was very tasty - we had lomo saltado.

Visited September 2012
“Nice and old-fashioned traditional place”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had a good time here. The Peruvian drinks were delicious and the food (I had the 'anticuchos') was excellent as well. If you are in Barranco you must come to this place.

Anaheim, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“disappointed”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I went because of a recommendation from someone at our hotel. You may see her review as well although she is being nicer than I am. We ordered 2 pasta dishes and neither one of them matched the menu picture or the descriptions which were in 3 different languages (and she speaks two of them by the way). My order was just missing the side dishes, her dish was basically wrong and also did not come with the side dishes that were on the menu (and the menus were in fact several years old). The waitress offered to bring out a potato which was supposed to come with hers and my girlfriend said to just bring the bread that was supposed to come with mine (she didn't offer to fix all the errors just a potato by the way). I did get 2 (i think) slices of bread which seemed to be a quick "we need to give him something so lets just give him this" kind of thing. The owners excuse was it was a translation error. The fact is it was a copy and paste error because the descriptions were the same on more expensive dishes, and it was in 3 different languages. How do you have translation problems on 3 different languages that were all the same between the languages? It wasn't one language that had the problem, all the languages said the same thing. The result is we did not get what we paid for if you think you actually should get what you order from a menu and not just whatever they decide to bring out. The food; my dish was actually pretty good, hers was actually pretty bad. The drinks were completely over priced unfortunately. I must apologize for how I wrote this review, but just thinking about this place bugs me....
So in a nutshell, it was a wasted couple hours that we wish we could have gotten back to enjoy somewhere else.

• Visited September 2012