“This is a Great Place to Stay”

Lynik La Casa de Blanca
Ranked #10 of 306 Lima B&B and Inns
Michigan, USA
“This is a Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Hi, I am Robert, my stay here, was in the middle of Feb., Lynik La Casa de Blanca was everything I was looking for and needed after arriving in Lima from the States. I was looking for a restfull friendly place, to plan my Peru trip, and get the rest and focus I needed to continue. From the rooms, staff and meals, it delivered, right down to having a small Chapel to the Virgin Mary, in the corner of the commons area. Richard from the small travel agency attached, was a a real benifit, when it came to planning and tickecting the rest of my trip. I would like to tell Richard now, I could have spent four days in Paracus, not just two, thank you so much, for for all the help.
Robert

Room Tip: My room was great,
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2013

A perfect compliment to a cultural and historical vacation experience. Lynik and Taitalindo Tours combine to provide an exceptional organic and comfortable stay. Greater service and support cannot be found. The place is well located between the airport and city centre; it is very clean and very safe; and I cannot say enough about the people. Blanca, Richard and Carlos are exceptional hosts and entertainers! I highly recommend Lynik and Taitalindo!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2013

About 15-20 minutes from the airport you will find this very friendly, super clean b&b/hostel. It is extremely clean, and the staff are very friendly and speak quite good English. Blance is extremely hospitable, and earnest is trying to help you in any way she can. Good wi-fi connection, good access to banks and restaurants, and if you need to book tours, etc, then there is a travel agency attached to Lynik.

As most people mention, Blanca and two others sang and played traditional music for us, it was superb and completely enchanting. We didn't take Blanca's advice of a pre-arranged taxi to her b&b, and we should have. With trying to explain where it was to a driver, the language barrier, etc., we actually spent more and probably took longer than had we taken her advice and paid the $30.

Blanca was so hospitable, and ensured that she had our flight times correct so she could have a taxi waiting for us. Breakfast was awaiting us when we came down early in the morning, and Blanca even had a few extra goodies for our kids! She is just very warm and caring, and you will feel at home in her home.

The b&b is located in a good neighborhood, it is safe, and the area is fairly quiet. There are fans in the rooms, no a/c, and for me, the beds were a little hard....but that's personal preference. Nice breakfast, eggs, bread, jam, cheese, meat, coffee, etc.

I'd definitely recommend Lynik, and stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Casa de Blanca all the things it claims to be: It´s clean and safe and secure and comfy, the breakfasts included are great and it is close the airport...
Oh! But it is so much more than this. It is truly a tranquil little refuge on the corner of bustling and lively Los Olivios. Here you will find Peruvian hospitality at its best. Its heart and soul is Blanca and her lovely family and that is what makes this place so so special. Lynik is full of warmth and it shows. We were pleasantly suprised by the delicous Pisco Sour we were given as a welcome after a long journey but we were enthralled by the traditional songs that Blanca played and sang... Beautiful! And the stories behind them too. People come back here (we have as well) and it is easy to see why. A home from home. Would highly recommend to people who want to see the real heart of Peru!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We showed up late and the family was waiting at the door for us. The room was clean, no A/C, but there was a large fan swivel mounted on the wall beside the bed. The living room, kitchen, and rooms are very nice. We had to fly out very early in the morning and they woke up before 4AM to cook us breakfast and see us off. They also arranged a driver to the airport and charged us very reasonable rates (less than we were able to get down there even after shopping around to many taxis on the street). The family was very friendly and showed us amazing hospitality. We wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: The shower was cold at night, but was very hot in the morning. They must turn their water heater off...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Adam B
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed March 18, 2013

When I arrived late, nearly 3:00am, Blanca, the owner of Lynik Casa de Blanca was up waiting my arrival. The room was very clean. There is no A/C but there is a big fan in the room and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good with eggs and bread with butter and jam and tea or coffee. I travel to Peru at least twice a year and often get in late and leave early. I do not like the Ramada at the airport as the last time they could not find my reservation and it took over an hour to find it and check in. At Casa de Blanca you will feel welcome and comfortable. There is a money changer around the corner from the hotel open at 8:00am with good exchange rates, 5% better than at the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I needed a place to stay during my typical 12 hour layover in Lima. I'm am American who lives part time in Cuzco, so I travel back to the states regularly and did not see the sense in going to Miraflores only to come right back in a few hours. The communication was excellent from the start, the drivers were helpful, knowledgeable, fun and friendly. The room and inn are outstandingly beautiful and clean! The hotel staff were accommodating and check in was a breeze! My room was immaculately clean with a kitchen and really cool furnishings. Total Peruvian hospitality- I felt like I was staying with family. I took earplugs in anticipation of airplane noise, so I was able to sleep like a baby in a comfortable bed until I had to leave at 1am. At that time, I was offered tea, cake, fruit and much love by the staff. If you want to stay somewhere close to the airport but want a SAFE CLEAN QUIET place to sleep- DO NOT BOOK ANYWHERE ELSE!! They also offer assistance with sightseeing and if I needed it, I would definitely use them. The staff does speak english, but theyre great to practice your spanish with! Stay here, look no further! But bring earplugs if you want to sleep. I would stay here even if it was for a week! Great location, great hotel, in a great neighborhood!

• Liked — Clean, Quiet, SAFE
  • Stayed September 2012
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kayakchik