“Do this if you only have a day in Lima”
Review of Lima Walks

Lima Walks
Ranked #43 of 247 Tours in Lima
More attraction details
Owner description: LIMA WALKS offers guided walks in Lima. With an uninterrupted history of more than 2000 years, Lima is perhaps the most fascinating city in the continent. In many ways, it's a hidden city and the best way to appreciate its architectural and historical richness is by walking. Ancient pre-Columbian temples, Colonial churches and mansions, abandoned haciendas, Republican houses, early XX Century buildings and modern villas, all share a space, side by side, in this amazing city - surely the Americas' best kept secret.LIMA WALKS offers 11 architectural/historical walks, of which four in the historic centre and six in different districts, and two gastronomy walks, one on ingredients in the Peruvian cuisine and the other on regional gastronomy. The walks can be done in English, German, Spanish or Dutch. As of 10 dollar per person
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Ronald was extremely knowledgeable and made our short one day in Lima very rich. We came on a Tuesday and did a private tour of about 3 hours, which covered the historic centre and also the popular area for locals. This was based on Ronald´s recommendation after we told him how much time we had, and what we enjoyed (history, culture and also the daily lives of Peruvians).

We valued his perspectives as one who has stayed in Peru for five years, and thus could point out what would be interesting from a foreign point of view.

Our hostel owner commented in the morning that Ronald is the best guide in Lima, so we were reassured of our choice. ;) If we come back again, we will definitely take up more tours!

There are newer reviews for Lima Walks

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Hi all we just finished a month in South America and spent 10 days in Peru. Of all the cities my husband and I enjoyed Lima the best and I will attribute that to our tour guide, Ronald and the interesting tour we did with him of the historical centre of Lima. I love history but my husband is easily bored with all the background of the past so I had made arrangements earlier with Ronald to give us a mix of historical punctuated with a stop or 2 for coffee or drinks.Well we both had a great time on our 3 hour walking tour I got all the historical stuff even visiting an old Spanish townhouse that was closed to the public and we stopped at a coffee house for half an hour in the middle and finished up drinking the most amazing pisco sours at the end. The coffee place was at San Antonio inside the former Banco Wiese and the pub was in hotel Maury which serves supposedly the best pisco sours in Lima. Ronald safely put us in a taxi and escorted us back to our hotel, a real gentleman. I would thoroughly recommend Ronald and his tours and if you email him in advance you can tailor your tour to your own preferences. Thanks Ronald.

1  Thank wouldBtraveller
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My family did two walks with Ronald when we were in Lima in 2012, and we immediately booked another walk when we were back in Lima in 2013. As usual, it was the highlight of our time in Peru. This time we did a private walk with just my wife and myself and so had even more time to ask questions and learn about everyday life in LIma.

We are planning on returning in 2014 to visit family who live there, and will certainly contact Lima Walks as soon as we have our dates. I recommended Ronald to my brother and his wife and they also rated the tour highly.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Lima Walks does great walking tours throughout Lima. It´s not the usual thing and you get to know a lot of places where you probably would have never gone to. It´s great for tourists and locals and Ronald knows a lot about the history of Lima and the buildings along the way. I really enjoied the two walks and I wish I would stay longer to do more!

1  Thank JuliaB3
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our Lima walking tour was the highlight of our three day stay. After two very standard group tours Ronald's insightful approach to the city he's obviously fascinated by was a rewarding experience. We were only able to book in for one half day tour so opted for a walk in the historic inner city. Ronald was able to give us an overview of an area that has rich history that is beginning to be better appreciated. Although it is a long way from being gentrified, the city's charms are being rejuvenated through some well planned development and Ronald's knowledge of this aspect added an extra dimension to the tour.
Should we return to Lima at some stage, Ronald's tours to other parts of this intriguing city would be top of our list

2  Thank traveltimeCanberra