“Nice hostel in Miraflores, Lima”

Flying Dog Hostel B&B
Ranked #32 of 339 Specialty Lodging in Lima
München
“Nice hostel in Miraflores, Lima”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Nice hostel in Miraflores, Lima, very secure area - has parking space for motorbikes in the inner yard - extremely friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast is included in a nearby restaurant (only a short walk over a nice park). We stayed 3 days there and enjoyed it.

Room Tip: The rooms to the inside are less noisy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed June 2, 2012

There are 3 flying dogs around parque Kennedy. Maybe the 1 with "backpacker" in the name is ok but the other 2 are not. Checked into this one - its the 1 listed in the lonely planet. There was a skylight that could not shut so lots of noise and light and a drip only for the shower. Nice big bar but smelled like puke and no one was hanging out. We switched the next day to what we thought was the "backpacker" flying dog but they put us in the 3rd one.

This was the WORST hostel i have stayed at in my entire life! There are only 6 rooms in a row and all face the tv/lounge so its loud all the time. Then the staff of all 3 hostels had a party in the small lounge instead of in the bars at the other 2 hostels! Our room was right in front and we were trying to sleep. Even when I came out of the room all 10 people just laughed! This is how u treat your customers?!!!!! Do yourself a favor and don't stay here!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Springazure

Travelers are raving about these Lima hotels

Reviewed November 27, 2011

I was travellibg alone (23 years old and female) and i met someone who was also alone on the first day i was at Flying Dog. I stayed at the one next to the sandwiche shop across from the park. Staff was VERY friendly and helpfull: one of the guys actually walked with me to a currency change officer to makesure they gave me the right amount of Soles for my money. Great experience.

• Stayed August 2011
Boca Raton
Reviewed October 22, 2011

The hostel was clean and comfortable but sleeping was a challenge. They do not have quiet hours, so you hear the shouting, phone calls, door alarm, bar stereo, etc all night. Our last night we had to move to a room on the street, which made it impossible to sleep. Combined with the noise from the lobby and bar, you could hear everything on the street. It was horrific and we slept about an hour and had to get up at 3:30am. I would not stay here if you want to get any sleep at all. If you don´t care, the location is great and the bathrooms and rooms pretty good.

Room Tip: Try not to stay on the street side. VERY noisy
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 24, 2011

clean hostel with great staff who answer all your questions about lima.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Kalmar, Sweden
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed in this hostel just for some hours, while I was waiting for my next flight to Pucallpa. I was too tired to be in the airport, so everything I wanted was to lay down in a horizontal position. I had booked my stay two weeks before my arriving and also booked the taxi from and to the airport. The hostel was better than I expected. They put me in a private room in the third floor, with two beds and a bathroom. It was very clean and quiet. The nice bathroom had towels and soap, which I was very glad for, since my baggage hadn't came with my flight. I was also thankful for the nice blanket which made me feel very warm, since I hadn't much clothes in my hand baggage. I wasn't really expecting to fall asleep, but I did, which was great and early in the morning the taxi was there waiting for me to take me to the airport. They have wireless and computers with internet connection free of charge. The staff is helpful. Although I tried to practice my Spanish they insisted to talk to me in English (they made me realize how bad my Spanish was hehe). I don't really know if I stayed at the B&B or the backpackers, but maybe there is not so much difference among the Flying Dog hostels. Check the photos to get an idea of the place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed July 15, 2010

The facilities at this hostel were sufficient, and when they weren't, the staff went out of their way to make sure I had a hot shower, internet, etc. To top it off, they offer a free breakfast at the restaurant downstairs. Like REAL breakfast, not just bread and jam! I cannot say enough about the staff-- such a nice experience when you know they love their job. If I come back to Lima in the future, I will stay nowhere else.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo