“Close and Quiet”
Review of Miraflores Inn

Miraflores Inn
Ranked #75 of 230 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Miraflores Inn is located just outside of the tourist area in Miraflores. However, it is close enough to walk to all the fun shops, restaurants and beach overlooks. Just be careful crossing at the first light. The hotel staff were wonderful and allowed me to use their phone (for over an hour) when I needed to confirm my flights with LAN, The inner courtyard was wonderful and has a beautiful resident floppy eared bunny who loves to be said hello to. The room was comfortable, the beds firm, and the water hot. If you arrange for a ride to and from the airport, you will be treated to a competent driver in a nice car. However, you will pay a bit more for this experience, but it was worth it. I reserved the room over the internet and Diego did a fine job keeping up with my questions and supplying me with information. I can not speak to the breakfast as we got up too late one morning and too early the next.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sturat911

Reviewed July 29, 2013

A really basic, no frills hotel. Probably a bit expensive for the quality of amenities and service. WiFi didn't work. The person at the reception spoke no English at all, which made things a bit difficult, because our Spanish is quite limited. Location wise it was convenient.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SunSydney
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The room was clean, comfortable and spacious with a walk in closet, safe and mini bar. The room was a bit light on for power points but everything was in good working order. The owner and his family were keen to help and friendly although they didn't speak a lot of English. The collection from Lima airport and transfer back organised through the hotel was really helpful and good value. Taxi services in Lima are largely unregulated and can be a bit daunting for new arrivals. It's a bit tricky to find but is not far off the main drag in Miraflores, which is the flasher part of Lima. Breakfast was a bit monotonous but a decent feed. It is worth noting that the hotel owners expect to be paid in cash on check out. This is a really good family run hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank gurubob
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Tha airport pick-up service is EXCELLLENT..often done by the owner's brother. Just a few minutes walk from the center of Miraflores. Most taxis do NOT know this location, so when taking a taxi, I used a map of the Los Girasoles Hotel, from their web-site, as reference, since it is three doors down the street, about 40 meters. Miraflores Inn is a converted home, with about 10 rooms..all basic, but with enough room for a lot of luggage and greathing room. Run by a very friendly, always smiling family, the son speaks English perfectly, but the parents don't, but we never had any real trouble communicating, even though I don't speak Spanish,,but they taught me some. Very helpful with tour info/restaurants etc. Free computer in the small lobby. Breakfast basic, with freshly cooked eggs,,but just barely enough. Don't expect too much, but served with a smile! The bunny rabbit in the garden is very cute. VERY GOOD VALUE for money/service/room/location. I stayed there three nighst, then went back 6 weeks later for two more. Stay and save money, unless you have a much larger budget!

Room Tip: Rooms facing on the back garden tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jinbay
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Pleasantly surprised that they had rooms for 3 people, which was exactly what we needed. Our room was clean, comfortable, and spacious enough for a mini-fridge and closet space. The B&B is small and family-run. My friends and I spoke a little Spanish so we were able to communicate sufficiently with the owners and they were super nice. It was like staying with an uncle and his family. They looked out for us, helped us get good rates for taxi rides, made recommendations for sightseeing and restaurants, etc. The only negative is the outside noise when you have a room facing the street but we managed. I would stay there again the next time I go back to Lima.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Porsupuesto
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We enjoyed to stay in this hotel. Very nice place, comfortable, clean, hot water, breakfast was included. The owner and his family were friendly and helpful. The arranged taxi service used from the hotel to and from the airport for us was always on time. The hotel is situated in a great and safe neighborhood, and Miraflores shopping stores were very close. My husband and I went to Cuzco and Puno, having a good time, and part of our luggage we left there in their storage room. That was very nice to count with honest and kind people. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karaa59
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

It's a very nice place. Clean and comfortable rooms with Wi-Fi and storage for documents. I stayed there with mt boyfriend for three nights. They helped us to organize a trip to Pichanaki. They booked one bus but when we went to the bus station it turned out that buses to Pichanaki go only on Sundays. Very fast they organized other bus and gave us a free lift.

• Stayed: June 2013