“Not worth the price”

Ranked #71 of 224 Hotels in Lima
Akron, OH
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Stayed all over Peru, and this was my least favorite. Small room that was very stuffy. Did have a fan, but to open window meant anyone could see right in, as rooms are right on sidewalk. A bit of a walk from main part of Miraflores, and breakfast was just a roll and slice of cheese, and glass of juice. Did have good hot water and staff was very helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank randywahoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed February 17, 2012

The staff is GREAT! It's family-owned and the entire family went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and acquaint us with Lima/Miraflores. They helped my father and I find great places to visit, suggested traditional food, told us what price we should pay for everything, and were always up for a chat about Peru.

Good breakfast, very clean rooms, and a great location--we walked everywhere. Like most flights into Lima, we arrived very late at night, took the taxi we had ordered through Miraflores Inn, and had no problems checking in at midnight. We stayed on two separate occasions as we also visited Cusco and would definitely recommend it to people looking for a great value.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Andra B
Anaheim CA
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I find all the great reviews here quite misleading. For 110 soles, I expected much more. I stayed here based on the user reviews.

Here's my honest assessment.

What I liked about the hotel:
. The young man working the front desk can speak English and is helpful.
. Clean rooms.
. Family run business
. Location is close to the beach. Probably walking distance.
. Good wifi in the room.

What I disliked:
. The staff can be friendlier. But them again, most hotel workers in lima appear a bit dower.
. The rooms are extremely small.
. No air conditioning. You get 1 wall fan. I didn't know that hotels without ACs still existed. It's hard to relax and cool down from your travels without AC. I had difficulty sleeping the first night.
. It's a family run business.
. The hotel is close to the beach, maybe walking distance, but how many people can find their way there or find their way back by foot? Most likely you'll have to take a cab. Some cabs don't want to drive to this hotel for some reason.
. No privacy. You can hear everything going on in your room from the cafeteria. From you showering, to your personal conversations. The windows are very thin and barely any security. You can hear ALOT...
. People can see into your restroom from the outside as there's a small opening in the drapes that cannot be covered.
. No security safe. I wondered everyday if my valuables would still be there when I got back. Anyone can literally, easily break in through the vulnerable windows.
. The beds are very small and too soft.
. 10" TV.
. The continental breakfast consisted of 1 sugary juice substitute. 1 cup of coffee or tea. 2 pieces of very airy room temperature bread. Some jam. Some butter. 2 slices of cheese. Hm... Not my idea of a healthy breakfast. Did I say 1 cup of juice? Because you're only allowed 1. That's the rule.
. No available outlets to charge your electronics. Actually there was one, behind the bed, just move it. No outlets in the restroom either.
. The shower did not drain well, leaving a 3" pool. When I pointed this out to the staff, they suggested that perhaps my foot was covering the drain. Really?

Room Tip: Maybe the large family rooms are Better. But doubt it.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank socalguru
Lima, Peru
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I loved this place, Clean rooms, left safe and was there was accomidating staff that helped us with travelling beyond. I have stayed in a lot of hotels, hostels and B&B. This was great value for what you get. It's nice when you get to a place that is what is expected, not high hopes but clean comfortable and reasonable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank jondoetraveler
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We first tried to book a room in one of the usual backpacker's hostels, but as everything was fully booked, we ended up in Miraflores Inn, and we are glad we did. Even though more expensive than we wanted (we paid 110 soles instead of 90 soles that we would have paid at the backpacker's hostels), it was really a very good place. We stayed for 2 nights.
The room was nice and very clean. The beds were comfortable and the place was very quiet so we could sleep quite well. The breakfast was simple (juice, bread with cheese/marmalade and coffee/tea) but OK. From the hostal it's a 10 min walk to the center of Miraflores. Also, all the staff were very nice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eduarda C
Albany, Australia
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We were picked up at the airport after being delayed 4 hours by strikes. Getting in at nearly midnight seemed to cause no problem for the helpful staff. Our room was quiet and very clean with a very good bathroom and nice secure feeling. We were up early next morning and were given an early breakfast and the taxi was on time to take us to the airport. This is a hostel, not a resort and we felt it was excellent value for money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple