“Central, Basic, Noisy”
Review of Lima Wasi Hotel

Lima Wasi Hotel
Ranked #95 of 234 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed at the Lima Wasi Hotel for two nights following my arrival in Lima. The room was basic, clean and rather cold. (The air conditioner only blew cold air.) The location is central - walking distance to the Larcomar shopping centre and Pacific Ocean. There were a lot of banging doors and loud voices up until about 10pm but then it quietened down and I managed to get to sleep. Unfortunately, I was woken up about an hour later by noisy and inconsiderate late arrivals was unable to get back to sleep. This happened on both nights of my stay. Not the best hotel to stay in if you arenoise sensitive and trying to recover from jetlag.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great customer service arrived at hotel at 8:00 AM after an early flight arriving from Huaraz. They had one room ready while ours was prepared. It had good internet connection, good breakfast the next morning. We got to breakfast at closing time 10:00 AM they made us some fresh eggs. It was too chilly to sit outside on the nice open roof deck patio. For our departure were able to store our luggage until we departed to the airport. Staff called us when I left a my blazer in the storage room! ASo we stopped by on our way to airport to pick it up. They printed our boarding passes from the PDF I emailed them. Plenty of extra points for customer service but not a luxury hotel.

Room Tip: Church bells are loud on Sunday AM get a room in the back if possible. Phone system requires persist...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pslbethesda
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at the Lima Wasi for two nights in March. The rooms are clean and basic - it's an unabashed three star hotel (hint: if you're looking for luxury and service, hit the JW Marriott down the street). Although the decor could use an upgrade, the hotel was perfectly fine for what I wanted: a place to store my stuff (there is a safe in each room) and a clean place to shower and go to bed. Wifi was a bit touch and go in the rooms (even in the lobby), but there are several computer terminals in the lobby for use that are actually quite fast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Khowaga
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at the Lima Wasi in December. It was my third visit to Peru, and third time in a different hotel in Lima. I found my room a little musty smelling, and the cleaning wasnt done to my expectations. Staff was friendly and courteous, and location was very good. But I probably wouldnt go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Came into the hotel around 8pm during the last week of December and no room in the hotel had working internet. The wifi connection in each room was strong, but there was no internet service. I booked the reservation that day and there was no mention of the problem on the phone. After an hour of switching rooms I was finally told by the front desk staff that the internet had been down all week. Could you not have told me this during check in? Just as a warning, any rooms facing the street are extremely loud. I also noticed that the beds are extremely firm.

The only internet available in the hotel was on the 3 computers in the lobby, which were filled non-stop with teens on Facebook. By the second hour I told them to just cancel my reservation so that I could find another hotel. I feel the front desk was very lazy. The very least they could do was pay the $5 cab fare to send me to another hotel.

You get a 1/5 for the front desk not even issuing me an apology!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My visit to the Lima Wasi was great. I had gotten very sick with the altitude and had to return to Lima. The staff at the Lima Wasi took great care of me and helped me arrange travel back to the United States. I will go back to Lima in February this year and look forward to staying once again at the Lima Wasi. The hotel was very clean and convenient to all the tours of Lima.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Great value hotel. Room was clean, comfortable and bathroom was newly renovated. Also had a nice flag screen TV & fridge which was a nice. Breakfast was fine and pretty standard for Peru - bread, toast, cereals etc. really happy with the location of this hotel, walking distance to the nearby shopping centre 'Lacomar', and the central shopping area near park Kennedy. Would come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013