“Out of this world”

Description: Nikkei food restaurant
Sydney, Australia
“Out of this world”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Some of the best food ive ever had in my whole life the sushi is great and the rest of the dishes are great. i recommend the entrana anticuchos and the ribs wrapped in salad those are my two favourite things on the menu. great atmosphere everyone greets you when you arrive and leave. And everytime ive been there the chef comes out and speaks to the guests which adds a great touch
make sure to reserve before you go

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Linz, Austria
“Let's make this place #1”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Maido is f******* great. 'Nuff said!
Great service. Great food. Great wine. Even greater desserts - Cacao 100%. Treat yourself!

Lima, Peru
“Outstanding food”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

A reservation is a must, even on a Sunday, for drinks there was a mandarin chilcano, very refreshing. As a starter, the octupus was great as well as a roasted pork in cabbage leaf that you eat like a wrap. The green rice with duck is good but the beef rosst is just heaven. Definitely need to go back to taste other dishes

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Achongc
Orlando, Florida
“Nikkei Gourmet It's a Must”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The inventiveness of the Nikkei cuisine of Maido will leave you wanting to go back. Simply put, this type of cuisine and this restaurant are on the verge of popularizing a whole new brand of cuisine: Peruvian-Japanese fusion.

First off, this restaurant has the best service in town. The staff has great suggestions, and if you don't go with those, they still will bring out your food in a succession that will maximize your enjoyment. Also, service is prompt and friendly. My four year old had a blast, and this is a grown up place.

Knowing that seafood is the best in Peru, any restaurants offering the fruits of the Peruvian sea are a must while in town. We started with a sashimi, which was extremely impressive, had an amazing texture, it was soft and fresh. Then a ceviche sampler, also amazing although next time I visit, I'll go for the yellow pejerrey which was the best thing I have had in a while.

Then we got an apanado roll, that was one of the tastiest rolls I have had. To close we ordered a fried rice tacu-tacu, pure Nikkei inventiveness, a cod fish, and a tarallin saltado, which in that Japanese style is the best I have ever had. For dessert, we ordered a deconstructed cake, and even though it was good, it was odd.

As you can see, I have said "the best I have had" a few times. It's true and I am not hyping this place up. The new dishes that the Japanese-Peruvian fusion bring to the table are very exciting. It is the tastiest new type of cuisine emerging to prominence. I won't be surprised to see Maido make the top restaurants next year, after they work on their menu a bit.

I did not explore the cocktail menu or the sake menu because I found the drinks menu to be a little bit lacking. Regular wines, drinks, pisco sours are available, but I feel that to be a better restaurant, you need your own drink menu. But even with this snag, I feel that Maido will be surfacing very soon as one of the best restaurants in Lima.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Julio H
Panama City, Panama
“Fabulous sashimi”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I went here on the recommendation of a business associate and was not disappointed. The sashimi we were served was exceptionally fresh and delicious. The chef even came over to say hello to us at the sushi bar. While the sake menu is limited, there are some decent ones if you know what to look for. I imagine it isn't easy to import a great many. The uni was the best I have had in years and prepared nicely with great care and flourish. I recommend it if it is in your budget.

• Visited April 2014