“DECENT PLACE”

Ranked #28 of 312 Lima B&B and Inns
gville fl.
“DECENT PLACE”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have stayed 3 times at the B&B on Tarapaca and even though it is not a luxury place it still is a great deal for the price they charge . Julio and Vera are super nice people , and will go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I don't know if Jessica is still there , but her only problem is that she should smile once in a while. Poor girl . Breakfast is awesome and included in the price ,so I have no complaints. yeah you can hear the guy snoring in the next room , but if you need a 5 star hotel then stop being a cheap skate and pay the price.

Room Tip: don't stay in the hallway rooms .
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank gringomarc
chechi, Propietario at B&B Miraflores Wasi, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we will always try to improve to give better service to our guests, we hope to have you back again soon, this way you may compare, a big hug from Lima

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had made our reservation close to 4 months in advance, when we got there the lady had the reservation dates wrong, we had to show her the voucher so she could acknowledge the mistake, she laughed it off saying that she almost reported us as a NO SHOW, I believe that had we not paid in advanced they would have asked us to stay elsewhere, however they had no rooms available for us and had to ask their other location to take us in, because the only room they had available had two twin beds.

They were nice enough to ask the other hotel to pick us up, and take us to their other location a couple of blocks away. Because of their mistake, they placed us in a very big room with a nice view (with great WIFI) reminding us that it was only for that day and we had to move to a smaller room the following afternoon, which seemed fair.

Even though it seemed very clean, there was no soap or shampoo, we had to request it, and they only give soap, no shampoo unless you buy it.

The next day we were put in to another room that was hot stuffy and the wifi was very poor. The staff was kind of helpful but never went the extra mile like all the other place where we had stayed.

On the plus side, very good breakfast and they offer transportation to the airport at a very cheap cost ($20 USD). Other than that, I feel there were better places in Miraflores where you could stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank ou for your review, and we are very sorry for any inconvenience you had with the booking, it seems we gave you the best solution we had at that moment, but anyway if we have the chance we may do better, we offer to you a free night in our suites for you o for a friend of you, this way you may get a better experience of your stay at any of our wasi bed and breakfasts. Kind regards,
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a double room, two beds pushed together, which was compact. There was a small table, some shelves in the corner and a television. The ensuite bathroom was clean but the shower pressure poor. We were next to the dining area but there wasn't very much noise. Some care has been taken to make the room look decent and it was kept clean.

The breakfast was standard Peruvian fare - bread, jam, hot drink and eggs.

The service was fine, they collected us from the airport and returned us there for $20. The rate increases on public holidays to $30. The location is good for the Miraflores area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thnk you for your comments, we will keep improving to get better service and experience for other guests. We hope to have you back in Lima and in Wasi soon
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The service at this B&B was great for me. They set up a pickup from the airport and also helped me arrange transportation to the bus station when I was leaving, which was so helpful. My Spanish is terrible, but we were able to communicate. The breakfast was simple, fresh eggs, rolls, ham, cheese, jam and butter. The location is nice, it´s a couple of blocks from some ruins, two blocks from a supermarket and it´s a 20 or 30 minute walk down to the water. There´s also a great cafe next door which I highly recommend. The only reason I give it four stars was my room - it didn't have windows and it would get very stuffy in there during the day. But it was a nice alternative to sharing a room or bathroom at a hostel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the review, we offer to you on the next stay an upgrade to a superior room, this way you will have the 5 stars experience, hope to see you soon
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Great Place with a great location. The facilities are small but good enough to spend few days and enjoy Lima. I enjoyed the breadfast and the friendly staff. I would suggest improving the Wifi conection since the signal doesn't arrive to the rooms and also have staff able to speak english.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank edwod
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had originally booked the other property sometime in April(?). As we were staying in the Sacred Valley, I received an email to reconfirm my reservation. I responded and asked if we could add a 2nd night. I received a response saying they did not offer additional nights, and recommended I try this property. They took care of all that info for me. So far, so good.
Once we landed in Lima, we looked for our driver. And this is where the problems began. Our driver was in a rush, we don't know why. He didn't wait for us, just darted across the street to the parking lot, while we dodged oncoming cars carrying our luggage. First of all, the driver shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel of a car. He was a horrible driver. Second of all, while the car was not filthy, it wasn't clean either. Duct tape everywhere. As we were driving, I happened to notice some white gooey stuff on the back of my shoe, it was the goo from the tape. It came off my show fairly easily. He reconfirmed out destination. He confirmed our original destination, I corrected him, he disagreed, and took me to the orignal location. Upon getting out of the car, I realized not only my shoe had gotten duct tape glue on it, it was all over the back of pants. Brand new pants I had bought 2 days before leaving for Peru. And, he thought it was funny. We went inside, the friendly girls said I was to be at the other location, and I told them what happend. They got us another driver, went to to our new room, which was very spacious for the amount paid. I noticed we had no towels. My bf went to go get towels, as I was going to wash my pants in the bathroom (they were my last set of clean clothes before flying out late the next day). He happened to ask about laundry service, so instead he came & took my pants. I went down to inquire on how long it would take, and was told I would not get them back until the next day, and that they had already been picked up. I told her I was not going to pay the 10 soles for getting them washed as their driver ruined them, and that I was not paying them for the driver. They said that was fine. I looked over, and saw my pants sitting on a chair, therefore, they were not picked up, and the girl flat out lied to me. I took them back, tried to wash them myself, with no success as the towels were damaging the fabric.
More CONS:
Hot water lasted no more than 3 minutes. Took a cold shower that night.
Walls are very thin, and we had the upstairs unit.

I will be leaving my review for my original location as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
chechi, Manager at B&B Miraflores Wasi, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I would recommend Tripadvisor to delete this review as this is clearly about a taxi driver and not the hotel. This lady arrived very upset, she was angry because her pants where damaged with tape, (the taxi driver says it was not at his car), we offered to her that we will send the pants to the laundry, she agreed, but some minutes after she left the pants, she was even more upset because the pants still there. This was a person that you could not discuss with, we explain that they have to come and get the clothes to clean it but she wanted to be done at the minute, which was impossible for us, the driver offered to pay for the laundry and gave her the service at no cost , but she still upset and blame us for not having anything to wear. Then she started to find everything wrong, for us it was a very difficult experience serving this guest, a shame the reviews like this that started on a taxi driver ends harming us.
Singapore
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

This is a basic b&b run by a very friendly family. The room and bed were comfortable for the two nights we spent here. The breakfast is very nice and complete in a little patio. The free wifi was pretty good as well.

For the price we paid it would be very difficult to find better value!

• Stayed July 2012