“Don't rely on a confirmation!”

and 1 more site!
B&B Miraflores Wasi
Ranked #33 of 316 Lima B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I stayed here in January, and it was great, booked to stay here again in August, and now reverse my opinion. I booked a superior room in March for 3 nights in August, and it was confirmed. About 3 weeks before my arrival, I received an email stating 'because of changes' the room was no longer available, and offering a superior room at another of their hotels some blocks away, and at a higher price! Nedless to say I did not stay here, but found an equally good value hotel nearby. I have read that in Lima it is not uncommon to have confirmed accomodation 'unconfirmed', but it is the first time that I haveexperienced it. An email of protest to the owner remains unanswered.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank philter1000
chechi, Propietario at B&B Miraflores Wasi, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2011

Hello Sir, I checked the situation and I requested the recepcionist to confirm to you the booking because she made a mistake when she wrote the e mail. We have only 8 rooms and sometimes is coplicated to manage availability, when she wrote to you she was supposed to offer to you the upgrade to our other hotel, but the idea was to give you the choice not to force you, then after your answer we could confirm to the other passenger or not. I read the e mail and is true, she did not explained herself and we have already fixed the situation sending you an e mail and offering the confirmed room. Please reply to your e mail advising if you still want the reservation or if you want us to cancel. Sorry again for the confusion. Kind regards, Cecilia Salas - Manager.

There are newer reviews for B&B Miraflores Wasi

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Good location next to Plaza Vea and ca. 15 minutes to the main plaza in a quiet and safe area. The room was nice and very clean. The shower worked good with plenty of hot water. Free WiFi (good connection) and breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful. All in all a good value for money. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Globetrotter09-12
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We enjoyed staying at this B&B. The rooms were pretty basic, but very clean and comfortable. The B&B is in a great location, on a quiet street in the lovely neighborhood of Miraflores. It was also a great price for Miraflores, at USD $40 for a double room, private bathroom with hot water, and breakfast included.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2011

This hotel situated in Miraflores Lima offers a clean and safe place to stay. Owners are friendly and reliable. Next to the hotel you will find fine Inka ruines named Huaca Pucllana, nice place to visit, and very near to hotel there are also the most important services: pharmacy, bank-o-mat, supermarket, laundry, couple fo very good restaurants... Situated only fifteen minutes by feet from the beaches and Miraflores centre it is not on the most expensive area of Lima. Special thanks for free internet and transport service from/to airport (20 usd). Transport service is definately worth of paying in the city where tourists are robbed violently in taxis! The only minus were those tiny little ants who wandered on the floor in my room. Fortunately they didn't bite.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank NiinaMM
chechi, Propietario at B&B Miraflores Wasi, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

Thank you your comments, LIma is a city very humid and we have a lot of little friends all around the city, some passengers leave food in the rooms and is delicious for ants, we took your comments and work on the problem, now it is solved. We have to do it suddenly.

Reviewed April 22, 2011

I stayed a long weekend in this B&B in a quiet neighbourhood in Miraflores. The room and the bathroom were clean, while the staff was friendly and the free wifi was great (there was also a separate computer available). The breakfast was nice and abundant.
If you stay here, ask whether the room is next to the reception/kitchen/breakfast room: ours was, and we suffered from quite a lot of noise in the morning.

Room Tip: Don't take the last room available!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2011

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and this was a good location close to the main roads and most of the stuff in Miraflores.
Our room left a little to be desired though. We were in a room that was right beside the front desk that had no external windows (the windows across the ceiling looked out to the hallway leading from the front desk to the courtyard). The windows were also single pane sliders so we heard all of the conversations and noises that came from the front desk at night when trying to sleep. The room itself was quite small with 2 small twin beds which had seen better days. The mattresses were quite soft and saggy. Bathroom was small but functional.
Breakfast included a some bread and fruit and was standard for most budget hotels.

I wouldn't recommend the hotel to my friends or family, but it is probably good for backpackers and hostel stayers.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2011

So based on tripadvisor recommondations I sent an inquiry for two nights through the formular on their homepage! I didn't receive any feedback all day so I sent an additional email... I received an email at about midnight which I saw and replied first thing in the following morning! I confirmed a double room!

The same day we arrived and to our surprise they did not have a reservation under our name neither could they find my email that they even answered! The female receptionist was extremly uninteressted and not service orientated but finally located a room in the sister b&b three blocks down! This btw seems like the nicer of the two!

Here Bruno, the receptionist, was very friendly! However that did not help over the tiny and hot room that was very overpriced! There is no space for your luggage at all! There is wifi and a tv - but we only had one towel and when I asked for another one there was hectic searching until finally towels were located. This place seems extremely disorganised.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank OnThatRoadAgain
chechi, Owner at B&B Miraflores Wasi, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2011

Thank you for your comments, we are always trying to improve and I hope this works for us to do it. I am not sure if you had a confirmed booking, I meant a booking with a deposit or guaranteed, the problem with tentative bookings is sometimes people sends e mails, or call but they never show up, so now to have a confirmation we request a deposit or credit card guarantee. I dont have your name to check the e mail time and answer time, but usually we do it within busines hours, not at night. And about the other hostel, we have small rooms but enough to sleep confirtable all with private bathrooms, tv and wifi, most of the passengers are happy with the services and rate, and I can assure you we have competitive rates otherwise we wont have passengers. I invite you or a friend of you to try our services again and I hope this time we can do better to make your stay a good experience, contact us to request this free night with breakfast.