“Above expectations - very pleased”
Review of Enjoy Hostels

Enjoy Hostels
Ranked #209 of 392 Specialty Lodging in Lima
Reviewed December 24, 2013

The first thing that strikes is the friendly staff. It is a nice backpackers hostel, with good layout, clean & tidy rooms and well priced. We have no hesitation recommending it to the budget conscious travellers. Well located in the Miraflores area, we would stay again without hesitation.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed two nights here in a dormitorio ($8 pp per night) after struggling to find a hostel last minute. First impressions when we got in at night was that it was much better than anticipated. However in the morning after investigation in full light I was disappointed. It's a bit of a shame as I think the space they have has such potential to be turned into quite a special small hostel. It wasn't completely filthy but lots of mould and marks on the walls, and it looked like the bed sheets hadn't been changed. Pillows were definitely old. Those looking for an adequately stocked kitchen will be disappointed, it is small, cupboards are dirty and there is just one pot. A random guy also came into our dorm room one morning and started using the ensuite shower, not cool. It seemed there were a few non-guests hanging around the place which I'm never keen on. Atmosphere wise it's nothing special. Breakfast was ordinary but at least seemed fresh. Great location in Miraflores but you definitely only get what you pay for so don't expect any awesome surprises.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The place itself is OK, rather clean and safe, beds are comfortable... but unfortunately the guy who was working at the reception was a total lunatic. Twice he's been acting OK, but the rest of the time... first time I woke up, went for my morning coffee, served myself a cup, asked for the breakfast (included in the price), and he just told me "you're drinking it"... apparently I should've asked him to quit playing games on his computer and give me my cup of coffee. Finally I got 2 small pieces of bread, he insisted it couldn't be more than 2. Then after eating I went for a second cup of coffee, saw him washing dishes, and tried to engage a conversation, but he just answered "hey man, coffee's for everyone", before adding there was none left after that pot... well, mr. Reggae-cool-looking-but-gestapo-minded, if you forgot to buy more, I think you're responsible for this, I'm not. And moreover you could just say it nicer. I really didn't feel welcome in your place, and the good reggae you were playing failed to compensate.
I think it was the second least competent staff I've met since I started traveling 4 months ago... nothing really horrible, but just a lunatic creating an unpleasant atmosphere although looking like "mr. Cool"!

Room Tip: There are plenty of other hostels in Lima, and couchsurfers too; plan your trip a bit in advance, ma...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed in this hostel for a few days two times, in April and in June. Both times in dorm. Both times we enjoyed the stay because of some nice atmosphere this hostel has and interesting people we met. The location is great: in the middle between the ocean and Kennedy park, just next to the main street. The rooms are clean, comfortable and there are lockers with personal electricity sockets! The breakfast is just OK, but for the price it's good enough I think. They don't do laundry even if on the blackboard it's written they do, but they advised us to go to a laundry place just half a block away, so it was OK. I can definitely recommend it for those looking for a cheap place to stay.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed there our first night in Peru. It is very nice, safe, clean and affordable accomodation in Lima. Great location very close to Larcomar Shopping Centre and Kennedy Park. English speaking and very helpfull staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights during our visit to Lima. We arrived quite late at night and were greeted with a friendly welcome. The staff are all helpful and friendly, they also speak good english.
Our room was nice, we booked a private room with bathroom for US$30 per night which was a really good price in comparison to nearby hostels in the Miraflores area. The hostel is right on the street so there was quite a lot of noise from the traffic but I imagine it would be the same all over Lima. The room was clean enough and had hot water.
Breakfast was average, 2 bread rolls and some butter and jam.
It is in a great location in Miraflores, near lots of restaurants, close to the Larcomar shopping mall and the Parque.
Internet is fast, but only when you are sitting right next to the router, wifi doesn't work from the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here on a brief layover in Lima. We had just enough time to eat down the street, shower and nap for a few hours before continuing on our journey home. Despite our brief stay, our experience was very good. The staff is very nice and helpful, our private room was cheap, clean and comfortable (the best combination!) and the location was great. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends