Casa Wayra Bed & Breakfast Miraflores
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsb bstrawberry juicebig bathroomtaxi greensafe neighborhoodwalking distancesmall courtyardeggs cooked to orderbus stationbed and breakfastclose to shopsminute walktriple roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulbreakfast is servedlocation is greathot water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Great simple b&b. Safe neighborhood. If you're looking for a place to stay for one night in Lima, this is it. Ive stayed at a hostel near the airport and learned my lesson. Stay in miraflores. Short 7 min walk to the mall/bluff.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike_07_1983
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Very good hostal.
Highly recommended. Personnel is very friendly, rooms are very clean.
It is located in a safe area,there are restaurant very close for dinner/lunch.
Very good transport links to the city center, and barranco barrio.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Christina M
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hostel is located in a quiet neighborhood in Miraflores, but it is also close to restaurants, bars, grocery stores, and laundry services. It has a beautiful patio in the middle of the three buildings that make up this hostel, and it is where breakfast is served from 8:00-10:45am every morning. The common areas and the individual rooms are kept spotless.

I stayed at Casa Wayra for 9 nights and 10 days. My first room was located in the building in the back of the courtyard and was fairly quiet, though I was able to hear people in neighboring rooms through the walls easily. On my final night, I was moved into a room on the floor above the reception desk. The night staff had friends over and were loud until very late. In the morning the cleaning staff were mopping/sweeping the hallway starting at 7:00am and repeatedly banged on the wall of my room for several minutes. I would not recommend staying in the building were the front desk is located if you can avoid it. If you are a heavy sleeper, this may be an non-issue!

Prior to my stay in the hostel, I was in contact with one of the staff members about the rooms. I needed a desk to do my work, as I was in Lima for my research. In my first room there were some shelves with a little space that could have served as a desk, but there was no space for a chair where the shelves were located in the room. My second room did not have a desk at all. These rooms were expensive for what you get (especially as a solo traveler), but I made a decision to stay here because I was under the impression I would have at least a suitable place to work. I also understand that many travelers will not need a desk, but for those on business or research trips who need a space to work, be advised that your request may go unfulfilled. There are tables in the common patio area, however, if you can work in a public space.

Some of the staff were very friendly, and others were not as much. Regardless, they were usually helpful with requests. Additionally, some of the staff will tell you that if you need a taxi service to the airport, you will need to make a request at least 24 hours prior to your departure from the hostel in order to secure a taxi (there are also signs reinforcing this as well). I heard other guests complain about this odd demand, so I didn't' think to ask for a taxi. Fortunately, the manager offered to get one for me the day of my flight. So, I would encourage those who cannot or forget to request a taxi prior to the day of their departure to try to talk to Ernesto, if he is available. However, this is also not necessary since you can call a taxi and they will come pick you up within 10-15 minutes of your call (other hostels will do this for you also). I would recommend Taxi Satelital who are at the number 3555555. This is a safe taxi ("taxi seguro") with set rates. They charge 45 soles for a one way trip to the airport.

Overall, this is a decent hostel for a short stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hostal is in a great location. However, our room was in need of some major repairs. Basic plumbing and electral work. The breakfast was basic but fine. We enjoyed the garden setting in the middle of a big city.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Casa Wayra. It is very clean, nicely decorated, the rooms are confortable and with good ventilation and the owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good with fresh juice and eggs.
There is a very confortable patio with a nice garden and a living room to wacht TV o DVD. It is not a party hostel, it is quiet and relax.

For the price, this place is highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple