“Great place”

Pariwana Hostel Lima
Ranked #1 of 366 Specialty Lodging in Lima
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

The dorms in this place are some of the nicest I have stayed in in South America, the bar area is great as the the facilities. Good showers are always a nice surprise in this part of the world. They also have salsa lessons. Location is great, near shops, a cinema and walking distance from the beach.

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed February 19, 2014

One of the best hostels i've ever stayed in. Everything was new, clean, working,locatiion is just amazing, staff also very helpfull and friendly . Has a party athmosphere at the rooftop and also a cozy and relaxing in the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Sadly I was still quite ill when we arrived here after a monster bout of food poisoning, and therefore was not able to make the most of this hostel. This was really disappointing, as as soon as we arrived we got a really great vibe from this place.

The building is fab, with a lovely old staircase up to a modern well decorated interior for the hostal itself. The welcome was really helpful and friendly, and it was clear that the place was really clean and well run. We asked to change rooms when we arrived - due to being ill I wanted to switch to a private room, and the staff were really helpful sorting this out. There seemed to be plenty of activities on and the place was really sociable, which seemed like they would be really fun if you could join in. Sadly I needed early nights, and despite the activities going on nearby we weren't disturbed by any noise or anything. The room was immaculate, with clean bedding and bathrooms etc. and was cleaned every day.

Up in the bar there is a good range of food on offer, which is reasonably priced for the Miraflores area where the hostal is located. The food is also DELICIOUS. It's freshly made to order from lovely fresh ingredients, and it was actually the first food I was able to enjoy since getting ill. There is a good range to choose from as well, so there should be an option to suit everyone.

The location is right by Parque Kennedy in Miraflores, so near to lots of shopping, food places, some good bars etc etc, as well as being an ok walk to the beach where you can get surf lessons etc.

If I ever go back to Lima, this is definitely where I would stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Pariwana was great! They sent a taxi to pick me up at the airport and bring me to the hostel. The building itself is in a busy part of Miraflores, but inside it looks like a beautiful renovated mansion with sweeping stairs and stained glass. The staff were friendly and helpful, letting me store my bags and wait in the common areas until my friends arrived. The bar and rooftop patio were awesome, and our dorm (1 small room with a bunk bed attached to another room with 2 bunk beds and a bathroom) was perfect for six people. The beds were really big and comfortable, and the bathroom was huge too. We had fun playing cards up at the bar., and they had continental breakfast there in the mornings. The staff helped arrange rides for us to go back to the airport as well. Overall a great experience, I'd stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hostel is located right in the center of where everything happens in Mira Flores. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm on the roof and never had a problem with noise. Clean rooms, hot showers, cheap food, rooftop deck and lots of things to do. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: get a semi private room with a bathroom.
Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Good hostel overall. Hot water, social, good location, comfy enough beds.

Pariwana is known to be a party hostel. So our first concern was the noise. Actually the noise created INSIDE the hostel was nothing compared to the street noise OUTSIDE.
I'm not a picky sleeper, but we were in room 8. It's summer so the little room for 6 people was boiling hot and we had to sleep with the windows open. And the noise did not stop.
If you want a good nights sleep go somewhere else, (or ask for a room at the back?). If your not that fussed about noise then this hostel is fine.

The service is a strange one. Some very friendly helpful staff and others that are verging on rude.
They tried to charge us for a party that we didn't want to go to (Very jet lagged) and we had to argue our way out of parting with 90sol each. It all was all sorted out in the end, but still not a very nice welcome to Lima.

Room Tip: Avoid room 8 - street noise is insane
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Centrally located hostel on three floors, including a roof deck, which was great when I wanted to dry my clothes in Lima's hot summer sun. Great beds, ample sized cabinets with a space for your lock and chargers inside the locker. Another thing I really enjoyed was that the hostel let me invite a few local friends up to socialize with me and other people inside the hostel a couple of times, with the friends handing over their national ID/passport as collateral until they left. Very pleased with my experience here. The one thing I might say is that occasionally, the common areas can stay rather noisy late into the night, especially on the top floor. In many of the rooms, this is not too big of an issue, but if you are sensitive to noise it might be something you want to think about. All in all, a wonderful location with good energy :-)

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo