“my house in lime”

Ranked #32 of 330 Specialty Lodging in Lima
Chicago, Illinois
“my house in lime”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

10 minutes walk from miraflores park kennedy.
clean and comfortable rooms.
staff is lovely and there's also a travel agency inside that helps a lot if you need anything planning your trip in peru.
it is in the best part of lima but well far from mess and noise.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

A 10 min walk from the main miraflores square which is just perfect as its away from all the chaos :)
Rooms are good... Staff is brilliant n helpful and having a tourism desk helps a lot..
2 min walk to the beach as well...
Bfast could be just a bit better..
But rest all is great..

• Stayed August 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed in Condor's House for two days and one night, and my experience was tremendous! The staff is very friendly and very helpful, and the vibe of the place is great. It is like a small house, with a living room and kitchen downstairs where I, and many other people, just hung out for hours. You can read a book, listen to music, or chat with other people staying in the hostel. Each room has a giant bathroom which was a great change for me, compared to normal bathrooms in hostels. Also, when I I had trouble with my flight, I was able to ask the woman at the front desk who let me use her phone and helped me to solve the problem. I would highly recommend this hostel if what you are looking for is a place to relax and find peace, and not a place to party and go crazy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I chose Condor's House in Lima because of the price, I somehow realized that is was little better than all the other places around. Rooms and large and clean, each of them have an own bathroom, you can ask at the reception to come and clean the bathroom after using the showers, it's clean overall and not noisy at all. But not being in the main square (Kennedy park) where most of the youngsters/travelers are, you have to walk around 10-15 minutes to get there.
I must say it has nothing special, just another hostel to spend the night in and then get the hell our of Lima and see the real Peru :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Kalmar, Sweden
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights in a private room for 98 soles per night. We had read about it on TripAdvisor before we booked and most of the comments were great. We agree on some points but overall we think this hostel is overrated. The personal was great and their services was good. But the main thing we were disappointed in were that it feels like they don't care about the hostel itself. The cleanness was not the best and the kitchen is seriously in need of renovation. It's pretty dirty everywhere in there and if you open some doors or boxes you will get yourself a nasty surprise. It's like in some places they have just given up cleaning it because it's already so dirty. So very bad experience in the case of cleanness in the kitchen. There are only shared bathrooms in the hostel and we mostly used the one upstairs. Every morning it was totally wet all over the floor because some pipe was broken by the sink so the second day they put up a note that we could not use the sink in there anymore. We thought someone would come in and fix it the same day but when we left it was still the same, very bad. And the shower in there was like the worst one in our 5 months trip. It was broken so they haved taped it together and the pressure was not okey. Why not just change it? If it is so expensive to stay there they should at least have some money to do that. Again very bad. And the bathroom downstairs had problem with the toilet flush so things wouldn't go down the pipe, yeah you get the point. Like we said before, this place is in a really big need of renovation, big time. And we have been out for over 5 months travelling and this is one of the worst if you look at the price and what you get. Sorry to say but we wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Hillihappo
Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I would recommend staying at this hostel when you're in Lima. Staff was great especially Jefree who took us out and took us around the city at night to show us the nice spots. Really great location Miraflores and close to Barranco!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
san diego
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We arrived at Lima with a reservation at another Hostel only to find out that they didn't have a room for us. After being bounced around we ended up at Condor's House. I couldn't ask for anything better than this place. I immediated made friends with the staff and alot of the guests. I felt this place has a great vibe. The first night I ended up staying up til 4AM chatting and laughing. I only wish I could of stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends