Hostel Kokopelli
  • Breakfast included
$97
$256
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop barprivate roomfree shotsbuena ondasecure storagebed female dormlarge lockerssocial atmospherenoisy at nightclose to the main squarestay nightsshared bathrooma lot of noisekennedy park in mirafloresother travelershelpful with directionsawesome location
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Kokopelli, Lima is an amazing backpacker hostel to meet people and there's always a party available close by. The hostel has two bars; a public bar downstairs and a bar upstairs on the 4th floor for residents of the hostel. When I first arrived I was a little worried about the sleep quaity but there is honestly no noise from either venue within rooms from what I found.

Towels are not provided and must be procured from the front desk for a fee. Breakfast includes a hearty serving of eggs, coffee, juice and bread rolls. Although breakast ends at 10AM you can still get coffee and bread at no cost after this time from the bar. Staff are friendly and their luggage storage area is quite secure.

The hostel is located very close to the John F Kennedy Park, a lovely little stroll can be had and is known for its increasing cat population.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor in a 4-bed mixed dorm and didn't have any problems with noise from either bar on the top or bottom, beds were also comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Lucidite
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I was there for three days in a private room with a shared bathroom. At my arrival the bed was dirty and It looked like somebody was sleeping there before, I arrived to the hotel around 4 am, however I was very tired that I decided not to complaint about the bed, during the three days I was there they never clean the room or change the towels despite I requested room service.
There was a lot of drunk people in the hotel because of the bar they have in the rooftop, the last night I stayed there the bathrooms were nasty with vomit and poop all over the toilets and sink. So nasty, they only have two bathrooms and both were in the same nasty condition. I let them know that the bathrooms were so bad but they laugh at me and said there was no water all over. They didn't apologize or at least have some reserve water for emergencies like that.
This place is a mess, nasty, dirty and expensive compare to other hostels in the same area. I have to leave early next morning and ended up using the airport bathrooms!
The only positive thing abut this place is the location and the wifi. However I have been to other hostels in Miraflores and by far this is the worst!! AVOID

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We ended up moving here after 2 other hostels fell through/were in horrible condition. Staff were really helpful with our last minute bookings and we got a private room both times for a great price. The rooms and semi private bathrooms were a great system. It was noisy, but on the upside, full of lots of young and friendly travellers! A pair of earplugs at night did the trick. Rooftop bar has great drink specials and normal drink prices are exceptionally cheap anyway. Very close to plenty of bars, restaurants and shops and a 10 minute walk down to park del amor and cliffs. Breakfast was great, including fresh bread, home made juice and eggs cooked to order.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2014

ive never stayed here but i send lots of friends here and they all like it. i just go ion fridays and saturdays they have a great rooftop br with great musci and lots of cool people. good place to meet someone if your looking

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I found this place to be so much fun! There was always someone to talk to, and the bar area is nicely laid out with comfortable group seating areas with little coffee tables. The roof is open so the smoke can escape, at night they close it up, I don't smoke, but the smoke was never really an issue for me, decent ventilation i guesss. I stayed 3 nights and came back again for one night after two weeks on my way out of Lima. I stayed in a four bed dorm all of the nights there. The lockers in the rooms are plenty big - they can swallow a 60L pack with room to spare.

Cheers!

Room Tip: If you want a hostel that is quite with a dead bar and nobody to talk to - this is NOT your place!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo