Review Highlights
Great way to see Lima!

Reviewed May 28, 2018
Heather J
Kamloops, Canada
Amazing day out in the hills

Reviewed December 7, 2016
Jutty_420
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 28, 2018

Want a different view of Lima? I highly recommend Perubike. We did a city tour with a group of 5 of us. We spent a few hours riding around Lima with Cesar. We got to see different parts of the city that we wouldn't have seen otherwise and had excellent ocean views all while getting some exercise. The bikes were great and so was Cesar. Highly recommend Perubike.

Reviewed December 7, 2016 via mobile

Jorge and Paul took us out to Pachacamaca for a single track ride. They were extremely patient and happy to cruise along at our pace. Was awesome to get so far out of Lima for a different experience, would recommend these guys easily. Though pay for the bike upgrade, would have made it that much more enjoyable.

Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

Ride with Paul yesterday. On time pick up. Good bikes. Decent car. Pananmac was good riding. Great guide who chose an amazing place after for lunch.
If you have the time buy your guide lunch at Las Lenas after your ride.
I hope to come back to Peru soon and do a 10 day tour.

1  Thank kurtbreck
Reviewed March 20, 2016 via mobile

I was on a 24 hour layover in Lima and wanted to leave the city to see the surroundings and have a good workout.
The trip was amazing, Paul is a great guide who knows where to bring you. The equipment is pretty good, everything went very smooth.

Reviewed November 27, 2015 via mobile

I live in Oregon, USA and am no stranger to good Mt Bike trails, but i have never experienced anything close to the beauty and utter fun that this 4 hour / 53km ride produced.
I was picked up from my hotel in Mira Flores at 6am and with an english speaking expert Mt. Biker, a guide/ photographer and a driver. We were shuttled up to nearly 12,000 feet and let off on a large plateau. Paul, the leader off loaded a nice Giant Tallon hardtale for me to ride, provided me with a helmet, full fingered gloves, knee/ shin, and extended elbow pads for the descent. As this entire ride was an after thought, I brought no gear from home. I rode on flat pedals ,but if i had planned this earlier ,I would have brought my SPD pedals and shoes for a more secure feeling. The ride starts of gentle and sweeping then turns into steep and somewhat technical. I rode about 99% of the ride but as a solid intermediate rider i know what i can ride and what I cant. Paul and Cokee( the photographer and professional guide) reiterated several times that there is no shame in walking. I think all total i washed out twice and went over the handle bars 3 times. Barely a scratch resulted.
Single track all the way down to the dry river bed then the ride becomes far less technical and more wide open as we traversed dried mud beds with plenty of Whoop-De-Doos . This 20 km section leads you all over the valley floor where you can muster speed and catch plenty of air. Because the terrain is the result of mud flows the ride is pancake flat through much of this section. the last 5k was on a gravel road where we ended the ride at the ocean just south of Lima. I was back in my hotel room at 5:30pm. Perubike has a great operation here. i never had to fix my own flat, and i felt safe and supported during the entire ride and as a bonus ....they are the friendliest people.
I would recommend this ride to any Mt biker who is intermediate level or above.
I have ridden both up and down Haleakala on Maui several times on a road bike...riding down 10,000 feet to sea level. This ride was 10 times better and far more Epic. You will be talking about this ride for the rest of your life.
One last note... I did not take any pictures during the ride as the photographer was constantly taking pictures of us.. I will post some of them when sent to me

Reviewed April 25, 2015

I am on a business trip in Lima for 3 days. I was looking for a downtown bike tour to discover the city when I realized that nobody does these tours except on Sundays because the traffic is so bad during the rest of the time. Browsing through the Web pages on the Perubike site, I found the magic word "Singletracks". Although I was totally unprepared, with no riding gear, just t-shirt, shorts and tennis shoes, I called them.

After one phone call and a couple of emails, the ride was booked. For the next day! George, my excellent guide, picked me up at my hotel at 7 AM and off we went. Just the drive there was interesting going through small towns and taking small roads. George was super nice and informative. He had in the minibus a bike for me (hardtail Giant Talon) that looked brand new, a few helmets to choose from and a pair of gloves.

We staged at a parking area sponsored by Specialized. We started the ride on dirt roads then took a number of paths along irrigation canals surrounded by very green vegetation,with brown rocky dusty mountains surrounding the valley. After a while riding through cultured fields, chicken farms and pig farms (smell unmistakable) we started going up.

The ride on dust and rocks up and down the mountains was a lot of fun. Some technical sections but nothing too hard. I am sure George could have made it harder if I had asked him but it was just perfect in the middle of a business trip! A few steep climbs, I walked a couple of them. This is where I wished I had my spd pedals/shoes as I am not used to flat pedals and my shoes were quite slippery.

During the whole ride I had to stop frequently to take pictures. George was very patient It was an unreal experience, I never imagine I was ever going to do this. Now I want to come back with my wife and do this again with her! I am extremely happy I did this yesterday! Thank you George. Thank you Perubike.

1  Thank Pierre R
Reviewed April 12, 2015

I went to Perubike as they were the Giant Cycles agent that appeared after a Google search. I was trying to buy some service parts for my bike whilst in Lima. I did not have my bIke with me so César referred me to his contacts at Monark cycles who could help. The hospitality and assistance that was offered to me during my time at Peru cycles was exceptional. I highly recommend César and his team whilst in Lima for anything cycle related. The knowledge and assistance here was first class.

Reviewed March 15, 2015 via mobile

We hadn't planned this before so we just went to their office, which was in their apartment. Luckily someone was home and we were able to book a singletrack tour for the next day. Normally tours should be reserved in advance by e-mail. They picked us up from our hotel in Miraflores and returned there after the ride (which made the trip a lot more comfortable). The guide asked about our preferences and skills, and chose the route accordingly. This was the first time I was mountain biking and it was one of the coolest things I've done.

Reviewed November 30, 2014

We went on a four hour city tour with Perubike November 2014. We arranged the trip just a day or two before our arrival, but the arrangements were easy and thorough and response was quick.
We had two guides, Jaime and Paul, for two riders, which is about right to keep safe while riding through the city. I believe other tour groups which we saw, have one guide and up to 8 or more riders, and I would think it would be very challenging to keep everyone together and safe.
We had a very nice and informative tour. I would strongly recommend a tour for a first visit to Lima, because of the layout and multiple sections of the city, and the traffic. One of the main drags is closed to traffic on Sundays, which makes it just right for a bike ride. Nevertheless, maneuvering the traffic and sidewalks in Lima can be tricky, and our two guides did a great job of this.
In addition, Jaime gave us a lot of information about the culture and history of Peru, and the current sociological events going on in Peru. We saw the Plaza de Armas, the ruins of Huaca Puccllana (although the park was closed), the park with the ancient olive trees, the women's mercado, where we tasted some exotic (to us) unique Peruvian fruits, and watched the cuy on the grill.
I would highly recommend the ride for people who are a little adventurous and comfortable on a bike.

Reviewed November 14, 2014 via mobile

We had a good day cycling around Lima. It was interesting and we got to see a lot! I would definitely recommend this company. They were on time to pick us up and their bikes were great.