This is a small modern hotel, there's about 15 rooms. The hotel is located in the residential area of Barranco, right on the border with Miraflores. The hotel does not face the ocean, but that's less than a 10 minute walk away. Centre Miraflores is a 30 minute walk along the coast, but less than 10 minutes by taxi, which are reasonably priced.
Although the hotel looks new and modern, many of the buildings facing the hotel look in need of a face lift....some buildings even look abandoned half way through construction. Barranco is an eclectic area, I highly recommend at least a one night visit to the area.
the rooms are small but still comparable to many chain hotels and sufficient for 2 people. Furnishings look new and the washroom was modern and clean.
2 Problems with the room:
1) they did not have air conditioner. We arrived late on a hot night. The rooms were a bit stuffy so we asked right away if they had AC, and they said they did, but they had been put away. I'm not sure if they meant to say that it had been turned off for the winter (it was May) or if they were portable ACs and had been put in storage. They said they would take care of it the next day, but it was never done. We opened the windows, and that seemed to resolve the problem, so we never really asked for the AC again.
2) Very noisy!!! The rooms are paper thin, so we could hear other guests. My friends were in the two rooms next to mine and I could hear them talking. I could even hear one of them using their electric toothbrush! This may be due to the fact that all three rooms share a small courtyard, and since our windows were open, we could hear each other. Nonetheless, it was also very noisy because of traffic outside. Even though the hotel is not located in a major street, driving and traffic in lima is crazy, goes on all night and they are not shy about honking. This all added to a very noisy room.
Service was excellent, very accommodating and helpful.
- filtered water, tea, coffee available at any time
- full kitchen available to be used if you are staying in
- friendly service
- excellent value, $40 night
- breakfast included in price, breakfast is basic but made to order and very fresh
- no Air Con
- Very Noisy
- Immediate outside area (street) is not very 'pretty' but very close to coast and park areas
Overall, I would still recommend this hotel because of the value, but keep in mind you may need earplugs if you're a light sleeper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Chic and Basic B&B designed to provide travelers' basic needs. 3B is ideal for savvy travelers seeking value for money. With us you won't find the luxury or amenities of a big Hotel, but you will find a cozy and clean atmosphere, with a personalized service. Our basic amenities are designed for convenient and affordable modern travelers. Unfortunately our premises are not suitable for children under 12 years old nor groups larger than 4 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your 3B Barranco's - Chic and Basic - B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 3b Barranco`s Boutique Bed And Breakfast
- 3b Barranco`s Boutique Hotel Lima