“Very Comfortable and Accomodating”

3B Barranco's - Chic and Basic - B&B
Ranked #1 of 345 Lima B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My stay at the was fantastic as the rooms were well decorated, clean, and accommodating; especially considering the price of only $80/night. Most importantly, there's a lovely breakfast that's included, which comes with 3 options. Plus, the staff are so helpful and accommodating, in English and Spanish, and will to point you in the right direction if you need assistance. If I go back to Lima for travel, I would definitely stay here with my wife.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank kyerionp

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed here our first night in Peru. We arranged a pick up from the airport through their front desk, and we were both very glad for the meet and greet after a long trip. Given that the hotel charges no more than the regular official taxis, it was definitely worth it. We arrived to a lovely, open concept, modern lobby and a front desk person whose English was terrific (since our Spanish is NOT, that was nice :-). Our room was clean and comfortable, if small. Lovely breakfast included. The only drawback was that there was no hot water for a morning shower (or because it was our first night in Peru, maybe we just didn't see how to make the water hot...?) Great location for walking along sea cliffs, to Bridge of Sighs, museums, galleries etc. Ask the front desk for a walking map - they'll show you all the routes. Quite a quiet street in relative terms for that area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ldw39_12
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The hotel lobby was very modern. The staff was very helpful and friendly. My husband and I stayed two nights, and were quite comfortable. The room was a bit small, though, but it was very clean and the bathroom was spotless. The breakfasts were delicious. It is a quiet hotel, and we enjoyed walking to many restaurants and attractions. We really enjoyed the community.

It was a great way to start our vacation in Peru! Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank doreeno899
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have often paid more, but this is the best designed hotel in which we ever have stayed. Everything you need is at 3B Barranco, where you need it and when you need it. Great staff who provide great service and great advice, good breakfasts, fascinating neighbourhood with very good and unpretentious restaurants and the best shopping we found anywhere in Peru. Miraflores is an easy walk away along the cliff top. There is a Metro stop six or seven blocks away with essentially continuous and inexpensive service to the centre of the city. We stayed 8 nights, a long stay for Lima, and it seemed none too long.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 106. Big, comfy bed, quiet back corner, very well designed bathroom.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank GrandpaPeter
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed at 3B Barranco's B&B for four non-consecutive nights in March 2014 as part of a longer trip to Peru. The very high ranking of the hotel here on TripAdvisor, hundreds of very positive reviews, and the selection of the hotel as a "Top Choice" in the most recent edition of the Lonely Planet Peru guidebook were the factors in my decision to choose this hotel for lodging in Lima.

Making reservations through the hotel's website was easy. Communication between me and the hotel staff was fast and effective, with all of my e-mails answered nearly immediately. In addition to making two reservations, I also arranged two airport pick-ups, and confirmed the reservations and pick-ups about two weeks before my arrival in Lima.

When I arrived in Lima at around midnight, the hotel's driver (Marco) was waiting for me, holding a whiteboard with my name on it. It took me about 10 minutes to find Marco due to the large crowd of people in the arrivals area, but once we located each other, Marco quickly drove me to the hotel, which took about 15 minutes.

In the mornings, breakfast consisted of your choice of 1) Eggs (fried, scrambled, or omelette with mushrooms, tomatoes, ham, or cheese), 2) ham and cheese sandwich, 3) vegetarian sandwich, 4) cereal with yogurt, or 5) fruit salad with yogurt or honey. Toast or bread, great coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, and freshly-squeezed orange juice was available in addition to any of the five breakfast options mentioned. Filtered water, tea, and coffee were also available 24 hours a day in the breakfast area.

In the bedroom, the bed was very basic, with good sheets, a comforter, and two thin pillows. Television was provided with some channels (CNN) in english. The room did not feature air conditioning but did have an oscillating fan available for use. A security safe was not located in the room, however, valuables could be stored at the front desk. Overall, the room was very clean.

In the bathroom, there was ample hot water and water pressure in the shower. The towels were clean with no rips or stains. Similar to the bedroom, the bathroom overall was very clean.

The greatest asset of the hotel is the staff. Housekeeping did a great job freshening the room each day. Breakfast was hot and prepared rapidly every morning. And the front desk personnel were especially helpful. They called taxis, provided advice, made a reservation for me at a nearby restaurant, and even loaned me a reloadable card to use for Lima's Metropolitano bus system. (The Metropolitano station Balta is only a few blocks from the hotel and is a great way to travel north or south through the center of Lima).

The hotel has Wi-Fi and a computer available for guest use near the front desk.

I paid $63 per night to stay at the hotel. The cost of the airport pick-up was $25, while the cost to return to the airport was $23.

With the excellent staff and the location of the hotel near the coast and the Balta Metropolitano bus station, I REALLY wanted to rate 3B Barranco's B&B as Excellent here on TripAdvisor. However, two things affected my sleep quality during my stay in Lima: 1) the very thin pillows on the bed and 2) the lack of air conditioning in the room. Even with the windows open and the oscillating fan running, the room was a little too hot, humid, and stuffy during the day and the night to get a perfect sleep. Because of these two issues, I have decided to rate the hotel as Very Good. If hotel management were to improve the quality of the pillows and install wall-mounted air conditioning units in the rooms, I would have no problem selecting 3B Barranco's B&B for a future stay in Lima.

Room Tip: Arrange for the hotel's driver (Marco) to pick you up at the airport. This will prevent you from...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank weatherman1974
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Lots of travelers regard Lima as a necessary stopover, and not a whole lot more. That's a mistake. Spend at least two days in Lima - make sure you see the changing of the guard, the plaza, the amazing museums, eat at amazing restaurants and drink at incredible bars. But if you do nothing else, absolutely stay at 3B. It's such a lovely hotel, very comfortable, the rooms are very nice, and the neighborhood is perfect - very safe and good transportation links (especially for Lima). The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. I would recommend exploring Barranco - don't be afraid to venture out at night! It's really lovely.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The hotel is perfect: excellent location (the beautiful Baranco neighbourhood, and very close to Miraflores), very good facilities, nice breakfast, clean rooms and most important of all: very helpful, friendly and very professional staff. i couldn't be more happy with my choice of a hotel. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Any - I have been in 3 different and all of them were very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo