“I keep returning again and again!”

3B Barranco's - Chic and Basic - B&B
Ranked #1 of 313 Lima B&B and Inns
Regina, Canada
“I keep returning again and again!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is my 4th trip to Lima and the 4th time I have stayed at this hotel.
Once again, I hired the hotel's shuttle service to pick me up from the airport. Landing in Lima is a bit of a crap shoot. Some years, it has been great others, customs and baggage take forever! I was lucky with customs this year however bags took an hour! No need to worry though, the 3B driver was patiently waiting for me! I didn't get to the hotel until almost 2:00 am and it was great to see Javier's smiling face at my arrival!

This is a hotel that feels like home for me. It was great to get up in the morning and come downstairs and have Rosanna prepare my favourite fresh squeezed Peruvian OJ and a jamon y queso sandwich! I was able to have a lovely visit with Enrique (owner) and Elizabeth (manager) during the day.

All the staff at this hotel are excellent. Warm, welcoming and friendly. The hotel is in a GREAT location. Not in the center of touristville but close enough to walk. You really get the feel of Peru in Barranco vs staying right in the heart of Miraflores which is just too touristy for me. The only disappointment this trip is that I only had 2 short nights before I had to fly off to Cusco.

I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would stay anywhere else! You can stay in the Marriott in North America....not sure why you would want the same generic experience in wonderful Peru!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Cheryl K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Upon a recommendation from a friend we cancelled our original booking in Lima and booked 3b instead. We were so glad we did!

This B&B is run like a hotel. It was beautifully decorated and the rooms and fittings are of a high standard.

We took a taxi from the airport which cost 55,000 COP and took around 30-40mins. We took there private taxi back to the airport when we left which was $24 and this can be added to your room bill.

The staff are very friendly and always asked us if they could help with directions or recommendations when leaving the B&B to go explore. They also provided us with a map which has restaurants and bars highlighted on it.

At breakfast there was a choice of 4 different options such as ham and cheese toastie, fruit salad and a choice of how you like your eggs. These were all accompanied with toast, butter, jam and fruit juice. Tea and coffee is available all day as well as water.

Before arriving we contacted 3b as my girlfriend can't eat wheat and they provided an alternative to the toast which was a nice touch.

We would highly recommend 3b to anyone visting Lima.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JonnyandMac
japan
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on Dec./2012. I was using cheaper hotels($20~30 for night) when I traveled Peru and Bolivia, but I chose this hotel because the rate was excellent. My choice was absolutely right.
All staff was so helpful, kind and having good sense. One of the staff borrowed her own transfer card for me, and explained about Lima's siteseeing points to me with using hotel's original map. It was so useful.
Barranco(the place of the hotel) is safe and beautiful district.
If you visit Lima, check it out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We found this place with the help of tripadvisor, and everything written was true. It is a beautiful place, with very helpful people. They picked us up from the airport for an extra fee (I understand that's standard...). The place is warm and pleasant with beautiful design. The breakfast was tasty, and it was walking distance from the interesting places in Lima. Of course, the price was very reasonable relative to the city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you want to stay in the Barranco/Miraflores area and need the comforts of a nice hotel this is the place. Live in the states and once in the hotel wouldn't hbe known the difference. We stayed on the first floor and could not hear the breakfast preparation or the street. Walking distance to many areas we felt safe during the day and goin across the street at night and by taxi at night.
I wouldn't stay anywhere else, we stayed 8 nights and glad we did not stay in the more touristy larcomar.

• Stayed December 2012
Toronto
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The staff was very helpful. My travelling partner and I arrived very late at night and everything went swimmingly -- we were picked up from the airport as was arranged. It's a very chic little B&B and decorated in a modern style. The room was very clean; the bed very comfortable. For breakfast you can place your order for omelettes or yogurt (or other choices) with the cook and there was always hot water available for tea.

I really liked the location because we got to see a less touristy, more local neighbourhood. The B&B was also within walking distance to the public bus. (The bus was more like a tram; it had its own dedicated lane). It was only a 10 minute walk to the bus stop and the bus trip to the centre of town was somewhere between 20-30 mins. The staff was super helpful and lent us a bus card for us to add money to it for our journey (so that we didn't have to buy our own bus card in addition to the fare for the journey).

When we left, we asked the staff to arrange an airport pickup for us. The transport arrived on time; no problems at all.

Great stay, highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hood River, Oregon
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was by far the nicest place we stayed in Peru. Clean, nice rooms, super comfy bed, hot water, 24 hour tea and coffee, and super pleasant and helpful staff. Oh an while not as cheap as a backpacker it was still a great value. It is also conveniently located both Barranco and Miraflores are walkable or a short cab ride. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple