I've stayed in various hotels in Miraflores and always feel like I'm overpaying for mediocre quality. I had always stayed away from Barranco because I assumed that every hotel was of the backpacker variety (have long since grown out of that stage in my life). I heard about 3B and decided to give it a try-- incredibly happy that I did!! I will not be staying anywhere else in Lima from now on.
The location is excellent. It is in walking distance to the center of Barranco, and there are several restaurants, bars, clubs, etc., nearby. Miraflores is even in walking distance if you don't mind taking a bit more time. The path along the "malecon" is ideal for runners, and according to the hotel owner, from the hotel to Larco Mar in Miraflores is almost exactly 1 mile. There are several parks along the way that are perfect for sitting, reading a book, and breathing in the fresh air from the ocean. For farther distances, the front desk is always willing to call a taxi for you. These private taxis are a bit pricier than what you find on the street, but safety is more of a guarantee. According to the owner again, there will also be several shops opening up right across the street in May, including a coffee shop with an area for people who may want to work or read (the hotel does provide coffee 24 hrs a day, but in case you want a change of scenery...).
The best part of this hotel experience is clearly the staff. It's the kind of place where the people get to know you by name and make you feel like friends/family, rather than just another body just passing through. The front desk staff is always smiling and happy to help give directions, recommendations, etc. They are all very knowledgeable about places to go, where to avoid, etc. Most of them seem to speak enough English to help you get by even if your Spanish is a bit on the weak side. They will also call travel agencies and such to help you get info if you need. The housekeeping staff also does a great job because the place always seems spotless. In the rooms, the hallways, and seating areas everything seems really fresh. Staff also makes freshly squeezed orange juice every morning, and you can order a simple breakfast. The owner is usually on the grounds during the day, and he is very approachable.
Also, there is free wifi throughout the hotel, or if you don't want to travel with your laptop but want to just do some quick checking of email, facebook, etc., they also have an internet station. They also have basic business center services, like scanning and faxing. There is a small desk in most rooms if you plan on staying a while to get some work done. The seating area in the lobby is also great for bringing down your laptop or chatting with travel buddies. There is a little courtyard that is also nice to have breakfast on. Overall, the place combines chic modernity with the comforts of home-- I love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Chic and Basic B&B designed to provide travelers' basic needs. 3B is ideal for savvy travelers seeking value for money. With us you won't find the luxury or amenities of a big Hotel, but you will find a cozy and clean atmosphere, with a personalized service. Our basic amenities are designed for convenient and affordable modern travelers. Unfortunately our premises are not suitable for children under 12 years old nor groups larger than 4 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your 3B Barranco's - Chic and Basic - B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 3b Barranco`s Boutique Bed And Breakfast
- 3b Barranco`s Boutique Hotel Lima