“Clean, comfortable, modern, stylish…”

3B Barranco's - Chic and Basic - B&B
Ranked #1 of 308 Lima B&B and Inns
Toronto
“Clean, comfortable, modern, stylish…”
Reviewed March 16, 2011

One of the best places I’ve ever stayed at during any of my vacations!

And, it was only $50 per night if you book by email or over the phone!

Clean, comfortable, modern, stylish…
Any time of day, you can help yourself to coffee / water in the kitchen for free. The wifi is free and good signal. The rooms are perfect with some good shelves for storage, a comfortable bed, a nice modern private washroom with standing shower, free breakfast (eggs any way you want, juice, toast, coffee...)....

The staff at the hotel were so helpful, especially Elizabeth. They gave us directions, recommendations, and even helped coordinate a “customized tour” with a tour company over the phone.

The only potential “negatives” is there is no air conditioning – however, a fan is in every room. I was comfortable, and my husband was too – there was a window in the room that could be opened if we wanted at night when it’s a bit cooler outside. The only other thing is the walls could be thin.. we could hear noises/voices from the other room once but that wasn't a big deal for us.

The location was good – Barranco is a district of Lima that is considered to be the city's most romantic and bohemian, being the home and working place of many of Peru's leading artists, musicians, designers and photographers. It was a perfectly safe, clean and comfortable part of town to stay, with plenty of great food/drink places and a short (15 min) walk to the coast & beach. To get to Miraflores or downtown Lima, it would only cost 5-6 soles, the equivalent of $2. From the airport, we paid $20 US for the 30-40 minute cab ride.

I highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for a convenient and comfortable stay in Lima without spending too much money. It really felt like we were staying at a $100 or more / night hotel!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Hebrew first
The Colony, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at 3B. It is located in a great area and very close to the metro buses. The customer service was really great and the staff extremely friendly. Judith in particular was amazingly helpful and sweet. I will definitely come back here on future trips to Peru.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It is clean, relaxing, and calming to the mind within the noisy city of Lima. The staff were extremely helpful and I felt at home. They are customer orientated. I felt very safe and secure. I don't know who designed the building - they're talented. Transport to and from the airport was timely and in really nice cabs.
It's worth every penny. Should I return to Lima I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
honolulu
Reviewed March 10, 2011

This hotel was the best find of my 2 month long trip to South America. Barranco is a lovely part of Lima, away from the hustle, close to the beach, with great nightlife and an artsy feel. Much more to my liking than Miraflores and yet only 10 minutes from it. The hotel is a real boutique hotel with a beautiful sense of modern design. The lobby is the star. The rooms are basic as you would expect but tasteful. Nice bathroom. Good breakfast. Free wi-fi. Very friendly and respectful staff. Overall wonderful experience. The beds are a bit small for 2 people and the room is a bit hot in the summer since the window opens to a courtyard and not to the street. But these are relatively minor issues especially at this price range. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
UK
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We booked this hotel to meet our son and his girlfriend before we travelled to Northern Peru together. Due to unforeseen problems with flights 3B came to the rescue in meeting our son and girlfriend in the middle of the night with only advise via e mail. We arrived to be greeted at the airport as expected by a driver who gave us a tour of the area before taking us to 3B. The reception at 3B was as if we had known Judith always. We were extended every helpfulness above and beyond the call of duty. The rooms were airy and light and only could have been improved by air conditioning but a fan was available. Breakfast was superb with a big pot of coffee always available, fresh fruit, eggs of any kind and warm bread; who could ask for more? Elizabeth called her aunt to find out where to purchase something we wanted to bring home. Enrique, the owner, advised and assisted whenever he was needed. What a find in the wonderful location of Barranco which is in easy reach of the City of LIma via excellent buses and near good restaurants, bars, the beach and living like the locals. Visitors couldn't do better in LIma (or any other city).

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I recently went to Peru for the second time and wanted to see Barranco a bit more. I looked up 3B and with the price/customer reviews, I made the decision to stay - first time in a hostel/B&B, but certainly was so satisfied with how they run their establishment.

We had a taxi scheduled to pick us up from the airport ($20), and when our flight was delayed, I emailed the 3B and told them so. They replied for us not to worry and they would keep track of the flight. Sure enough our driver was there when we got out of customs and avoided the hustle of Lima's airport taxis. The staff set us up with a driver to Plaza Mayor, which I think costs roughly $10 each way, and were more than helpful. So helpful that we came back to 3B after our stay outside of Barranco.

When leaving they let us prorate the room for the afternoon because we had an overnight flight. Because we were flying standby we missed that flight, I called the staff and they had a driver pick us up, and gave us the room for what would have been the regular price for the whole night. After that night we had another driver waiting for us to take us back to the airport (thankfully we got on the next flight).

I really could go on about how great the ALL of the staff were, and how accommodating they were; very hospitable as is the way in most of Peru.

Pros -
Clean with a nice character to the rooms, very charming
Staff were absolutely wonderful and helpful
Breakfast and clean rooms each day when you left
Felt secure the whole time
Free wireless internet
Nice aesthetics in the room, tastefully done and appropriate for the area

Con -
A little noisy as its open air in the building and noise travels from others inside (for the price and location, it was definitely tolerable)
I don't think its a con personally, but some others may, there is no air-conditioning

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Regina, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Hands down, this is the number one hotel in Lima!

I had the opportunity to stay at this lovely hotel twice on my trip to Peru. The facilities are very modern, clean, comfortable and in a fantastic area of Lima. Barranco is hip, happening and a short walk to Miraflores (which is far too touristy for my taste).

The best thing about this hotel, hands down is the staff. Everyone from Enrique (the owner), Elizabeth (manager), Judith & Carlos (Front Desk), Charlie and Raoul (bell men) and Rosanna (best breakfast cook in town) treat you with five star service. The service at this hotel is as good as any Four Seasons I have stayed it and its a FRACTION of the cost!

If you want a hotel that offers excellent service, location and accomodations without being a "typical american hotel" this is the place for you.

I can't wait to return in the fall!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business