“Second stay with Peru Start Apt Hotel - very nice, friendly, helpful, clean and comfortable!”

Peru Star Botique Apartments Hotel
Ranked #60 of 234 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Very pleasant stay. This is my second time staying with Peru Star over the last 2 years. The airport shuttle is reliable and worth every US $. The apartments are spacious, clean and comfortable. The kitchenette was full service. The staff spoke great English and very helpful! Multiple restaurants, coffee shops, pharmacy, grocery stores within walking distance. Staff would call you a cab or its just as easy to walk down the street to catch a cab as well. It is located in a quiet neighborhood which takes a longer cab ride from airport, but worth the ride.

Room Tip: Make sure you check number of beds per room. Some are single beds, but many rooms are multiple rooms...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer S

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was a great place to stay for us as we speak little spanish and did not know much about Lima before arriving. They arrange for pickup from the airport. We arrived at night and the night person did not speak English, but we were able to get our bill paid without too much problems. The next morning, they gave us a receipt and gave us a map of the area (banks, convenience store and grocery stores nearby). They would arrange cabs for us when we wanted to go to Miraflores, and they arrange airport transit. Overall a great experience. Our room was near the entrance, and I did note that there is some noise emanating from the front desk area, but it was pretty sporadic; I am a light sleeper and it didn't bother me to much. Would recommend!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My friend and I had only a short visit in Lima-but for two single women we chose the 2 bedroom apartment where we each had our own bath! The apartment was spacious, clean and loved the decor. The entire hotel was decorated well and very inviting. We did not spend much time there, but if you needed an extended stay and wanted to be comfortable with 2 large bathrooms and large kitchen, I would recommend.
They also provided a driver from airport and communicated with me before the trip via e-mail. They were also helpful with cabs and return to airport.
Lesley was most helpful and spoke excellent English-they were all accommodating and friendly.
Only concern-we arrive around midnight-the driver nor the gentlemen at front desk knew only a few words of English. We knew only a little Spanish. It worked out, but if we had a problem and needed to call, not sure what would have happened. But part of traveling and the whole experience!

Room Tip: Look at the 2 bedroom apartment-very nice and comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here. Arrived late at night at Lima Airport. Took a taxi from the airport was around $60 Sols ($30US) to the Hotel. It takes about 50 minutes to get there from the airport by taxi and another 50 minutes back. It was located in the part of Lima that houses Diplomats and Embassy's. It was a quiet and safe location but the hotel was barricaded behind stone walls. It looks to be an older house that was transformed into a Hotel. It has lots of wooden staircases and impressive pictures hanging on the walls. stayed two nights - one on the way down and on the way back home. Really just a stop over while waiting to board planes to a Cusco and back from Puno. It was $89/night to stay in a decent room, nice bed, great bathroom/shower. They have a small restaurant in the front courtyard. Great breakfast and good pricing - not included in room costs. We were given a different room on the second night. Was slightly bigger and looked like a suite as it had a sitting room and kitchenette facilities.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Having never been to Lima, I was nervous about where to stay. Although this spot isn't located exactly in the city center, it is in an amazing little neighborhood and you feel completely safe. That being said, it's an easy cab right to anywhere you want to go. The amenities were great and the customer service was even better! Our transportation to and from the airport was on time every time (we stayed here twice)

Breakfast was so fresh and delicious as well.

I HIGHLY recommend staying here!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2013

While this location is not in the hotspot of Milaflores it is a cab ride away (15-20 minutes max depending on traffic) and in a very quiet central location. I couldn't believe I was in a city of 8 million plus. There is also a VERY nice grocery store that is a 10 minute walk away. I took advantage of this and used the nice kitchenette one night to eat in. Staff was very friendly. Rooms clean. Much more spacious than a standard hotel room. Great value overall! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed in this property from July the 7th to the 10th and my stay was an absolute nightmare. It all started on my arrival, when I arrived to the property I was informed I should pay upon check-in, even though I was not informed of the hotel policy before my arrival, I didn't have cash with me which is my favorite way to pay for hotels as I avoid 6.38% worth of taxes that the brazilian authorities charge upon foreign transactions on a credit card, I told them I'd pay for the first night and by the end of the day pay for the rest of the stay as I needed to find an ATM first, they insisted I should pay for my entire stay @ check in and weren't really willing to help, eventually we settled on a credit card authorization on the amount due to be discarded after I payed the rest, when I got to the room, which was big, there was a very strong smell of ant poison, which failed its purpose as the room was infested with ants, the shower looked good at first but it ran out of water and the hotel took an awful lot of time to fix it, their breakfast is rushed and really limited, your order the food you want and they serve your next course before you finish your current and don't offer refills on juice and coffee, I also requested a late check-out which they denied claiming the hotel was full, when I checked the availability online the room was available and I suspect they denied my request because of the argue on my arrival, eventually I just booked Hilton for the day and enjoyed much more value for my money/hhonors points, as a frequent traveler I can say this hotel provides disastrous service and really hope they either step up their game or close down and stop making travelers pay for this level of service.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family