“Nice little hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“Nice little hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was a great place to stay for us as we speak little spanish and did not know much about Lima before arriving. They arrange for pickup from the airport. We arrived at night and the night person did not speak English, but we were able to get our bill paid without too much problems. The next morning, they gave us a receipt and gave us a map of the area (banks, convenience store and grocery stores nearby). They would arrange cabs for us when we wanted to go to Miraflores, and they arrange airport transit. Overall a great experience. Our room was near the entrance, and I did note that there is some noise emanating from the front desk area, but it was pretty sporadic; I am a light sleeper and it didn't bother me to much. Would recommend!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My friend and I had only a short visit in Lima-but for two single women we chose the 2 bedroom apartment where we each had our own bath! The apartment was spacious, clean and loved the decor. The entire hotel was decorated well and very inviting. We did not spend much time there, but if you needed an extended stay and wanted to be comfortable with 2 large bathrooms and large kitchen, I would recommend.
They also provided a driver from airport and communicated with me before the trip via e-mail. They were also helpful with cabs and return to airport.
Lesley was most helpful and spoke excellent English-they were all accommodating and friendly.
Only concern-we arrive around midnight-the driver nor the gentlemen at front desk knew only a few words of English. We knew only a little Spanish. It worked out, but if we had a problem and needed to call, not sure what would have happened. But part of traveling and the whole experience!

Room Tip: Look at the 2 bedroom apartment-very nice and comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
George Town
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here. Arrived late at night at Lima Airport. Took a taxi from the airport was around $60 Sols ($30US) to the Hotel. It takes about 50 minutes to get there from the airport by taxi and another 50 minutes back. It was located in the part of Lima that houses Diplomats and Embassy's. It was a quiet and safe location but the hotel was barricaded behind stone walls. It looks to be an older house that was transformed into a Hotel. It has lots of wooden staircases and impressive pictures hanging on the walls. stayed two nights - one on the way down and on the way back home. Really just a stop over while waiting to board planes to a Cusco and back from Puno. It was $89/night to stay in a decent room, nice bed, great bathroom/shower. They have a small restaurant in the front courtyard. Great breakfast and good pricing - not included in room costs. We were given a different room on the second night. Was slightly bigger and looked like a suite as it had a sitting room and kitchenette facilities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Having never been to Lima, I was nervous about where to stay. Although this spot isn't located exactly in the city center, it is in an amazing little neighborhood and you feel completely safe. That being said, it's an easy cab right to anywhere you want to go. The amenities were great and the customer service was even better! Our transportation to and from the airport was on time every time (we stayed here twice)

Breakfast was so fresh and delicious as well.

I HIGHLY recommend staying here!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

While this location is not in the hotspot of Milaflores it is a cab ride away (15-20 minutes max depending on traffic) and in a very quiet central location. I couldn't believe I was in a city of 8 million plus. There is also a VERY nice grocery store that is a 10 minute walk away. I took advantage of this and used the nice kitchenette one night to eat in. Staff was very friendly. Rooms clean. Much more spacious than a standard hotel room. Great value overall! I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed in this property from July the 7th to the 10th and my stay was an absolute nightmare. It all started on my arrival, when I arrived to the property I was informed I should pay upon check-in, even though I was not informed of the hotel policy before my arrival, I didn't have cash with me which is my favorite way to pay for hotels as I avoid 6.38% worth of taxes that the brazilian authorities charge upon foreign transactions on a credit card, I told them I'd pay for the first night and by the end of the day pay for the rest of the stay as I needed to find an ATM first, they insisted I should pay for my entire stay @ check in and weren't really willing to help, eventually we settled on a credit card authorization on the amount due to be discarded after I payed the rest, when I got to the room, which was big, there was a very strong smell of ant poison, which failed its purpose as the room was infested with ants, the shower looked good at first but it ran out of water and the hotel took an awful lot of time to fix it, their breakfast is rushed and really limited, your order the food you want and they serve your next course before you finish your current and don't offer refills on juice and coffee, I also requested a late check-out which they denied claiming the hotel was full, when I checked the availability online the room was available and I suspect they denied my request because of the argue on my arrival, eventually I just booked Hilton for the day and enjoyed much more value for my money/hhonors points, as a frequent traveler I can say this hotel provides disastrous service and really hope they either step up their game or close down and stop making travelers pay for this level of service.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank 90miles
Pennsburg, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We selected Peru Star from the Trip Advisor reviews and weren't disappointed. We arrived Saturday night and, just as arranged through Peru Star, a driver was waiting for us. Counter staff were all very helpful and communicated well in English. We stayed two nights in a clean, comfortable room with a hot shower and a heater which was very much appreciated. Breakfast was delightful, if simple, at a table in an outside courtyard. We only ate breakfast there one morning, the second morning we left too early for breakfast. We had a tour arranged for 11:30 am, so before that we wanted to do a little walking. The front desk staff explained the route there and back to Huaca Huallamarca, which we enjoyed. After our walk, we had time and relaxed in an internal courtyard outside our room and enjoyed the flowers, birds, and sunshine. While waiting, we checked our emails through the very adequate Wi-Fi connection. A number of stairways connect the rooms down various corridors throughout a couple of buildings. Early the second morning, a driver scheduled by Peru Star was waiting and drove us to the airport. Although brief, our stay at Peru Star was very comfortable and we would stay there again when in Lima.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family