All reviews san isidro sitting room staff was very friendly and helpful walk around shopping mall neighborhood taxi airport peru kitchenette soles district
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Having never been to Lima, I was nervous about where to stay. Although this spot isn't located exactly in the city center, it is in an amazing little neighborhood and you feel completely safe. That being said, it's an easy cab right to anywhere you want to go. The amenities were great and the customer service was even better! Our transportation to and from the airport was on time every time (we stayed here twice)

Breakfast was so fresh and delicious as well.

I HIGHLY recommend staying here!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2013

While this location is not in the hotspot of Milaflores it is a cab ride away (15-20 minutes max depending on traffic) and in a very quiet central location. I couldn't believe I was in a city of 8 million plus. There is also a VERY nice grocery store that is a 10 minute walk away. I took advantage of this and used the nice kitchenette one night to eat in. Staff was very friendly. Rooms clean. Much more spacious than a standard hotel room. Great value overall! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed in this property from July the 7th to the 10th and my stay was an absolute nightmare. It all started on my arrival, when I arrived to the property I was informed I should pay upon check-in, even though I was not informed of the hotel policy before my arrival, I didn't have cash with me which is my favorite way to pay for hotels as I avoid 6.38% worth of taxes that the brazilian authorities charge upon foreign transactions on a credit card, I told them I'd pay for the first night and by the end of the day pay for the rest of the stay as I needed to find an ATM first, they insisted I should pay for my entire stay @ check in and weren't really willing to help, eventually we settled on a credit card authorization on the amount due to be discarded after I payed the rest, when I got to the room, which was big, there was a very strong smell of ant poison, which failed its purpose as the room was infested with ants, the shower looked good at first but it ran out of water and the hotel took an awful lot of time to fix it, their breakfast is rushed and really limited, your order the food you want and they serve your next course before you finish your current and don't offer refills on juice and coffee, I also requested a late check-out which they denied claiming the hotel was full, when I checked the availability online the room was available and I suspect they denied my request because of the argue on my arrival, eventually I just booked Hilton for the day and enjoyed much more value for my money/hhonors points, as a frequent traveler I can say this hotel provides disastrous service and really hope they either step up their game or close down and stop making travelers pay for this level of service.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank 90miles
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We selected Peru Star from the Trip Advisor reviews and weren't disappointed. We arrived Saturday night and, just as arranged through Peru Star, a driver was waiting for us. Counter staff were all very helpful and communicated well in English. We stayed two nights in a clean, comfortable room with a hot shower and a heater which was very much appreciated. Breakfast was delightful, if simple, at a table in an outside courtyard. We only ate breakfast there one morning, the second morning we left too early for breakfast. We had a tour arranged for 11:30 am, so before that we wanted to do a little walking. The front desk staff explained the route there and back to Huaca Huallamarca, which we enjoyed. After our walk, we had time and relaxed in an internal courtyard outside our room and enjoyed the flowers, birds, and sunshine. While waiting, we checked our emails through the very adequate Wi-Fi connection. A number of stairways connect the rooms down various corridors throughout a couple of buildings. Early the second morning, a driver scheduled by Peru Star was waiting and drove us to the airport. Although brief, our stay at Peru Star was very comfortable and we would stay there again when in Lima.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Casparpennsburg
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel is in a nice quiet and upscale neighborhood. I stayed there twice. The first time was for 1 night and I was upgraded to a suite which was huge. On my return from Iquitos, I got the standard room that I had booked. This was a small room that seemed to have been carved out of some space around a staircase landing. Although the room was comfortable, it was a bit noisy with sounds coming from the stairs. The staff however, were very nice and friendly and helpful in every way. The breakfast was customized and prepared fresh for each guest. Although the hotel is a bit distant from the tourist sites, it's quite easy to walk to some of the places as well as get taxis to and from such places. Overall a pleasant and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo